Gortat in Magic's hunt for big man

There are 1 comment on the Daytona Beach News Journal story from Jul 14, 2007, titled Gortat in Magic's hunt for big man. In it, Daytona Beach News Journal reports that:

“If I go out there and play as hard as I can and still don't play next year, and I'm in the same situation, that's fine. At least I gave it my all.”

Now that Darko Milicic has gone the way of Mario Kasun, Zaza Pachulia, Olumide Oyedeji and Geert Hammink, can Marcin Gortat give the Orlando Magic a foreign-born big man with any staying power? The 23-year-old ... via Daytona Beach News Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daytona Beach News Journal.

Susan Morgan

Elizabethton, TN

#1 Jan 3, 2008
Make sure you checkout the type of person you are immigrating into our country in the name of building a team. I owned a design company in Orlando when Olumide Oyedeji was there for one year and had the misfortune to be recommended to him to do some work when he bought a new home in Metrowest. He paid the deposit and arrogantly pushed himself ahead of existing customers as he was "an NBA star". We got the work completed in two weeks and then he skipped out on the final payment ($3700)and after a year of trying to collect, I had to write it off, which really hurts a small business like mine. Even though he had just gotten released from the Magic( no wonder at as a .1 percent per game player), he had family staying in that house, but refused to return phone calls. So be careful the type of personality you unleash on the unsuspecting business community, you can be sure I won't be blindly impressed by a professional player next time, although I have worked with a professional baseball player and an NFL player who were most honorable and good clients.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marcin Gortat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wizards jump on Pacers early (May '14) May '14 Andrew 9
News NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington (May '14) May '14 youchinksareuglyi... 1
News What Suns Should Do With Fifth Pick (Jun '13) Jun '13 south philly 3
News Suns 108, Timberwolves 98: Minnesota loses 12th... (Apr '11) Apr '11 clueless 1
News NBA rescinds technical foul against Boston's Pe... (May '10) May '10 ADalton 1
News Celtics hold off Magic for 95-92 victory (May '10) May '10 money man 10
News No Magic Trick: Boston smothers Orlando 92-88, ... (May '10) May '10 Cleveland 1
More from around the web