Magic beat Warriors 109-98

Magic beat Warriors 109-98

There are 74 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Dec 15, 2008, titled Magic beat Warriors 109-98. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

When it comes to being labeled with a specific job title, Orlando Magic point guard Jameer Nelson would like to differ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Martin

Walsall, UK

#21 Dec 16, 2008
i'm thinking we can cross "get a backup for howard" off our christmas list and focus on our need at pg now that gortat has showed us we dont need another big man.
Sixx

United States

#22 Dec 16, 2008
Go Go Gortat! Can't wait to see what happens when he and Howard get a few minutes on the floor together. I say again about C. Lee: Well done Otis.
Sixx

United States

#23 Dec 16, 2008
Before a certain basher comes on here and posts his usual bs, PLEASE do not respond to it. Stop giving him the satisfaction.
Damian

Czapury, Poland

#24 Dec 16, 2008
Gortat should play more!
Great Job

Winter Haven, FL

#25 Dec 16, 2008
one loss on a west coast road trip is fantastic. I don't care who they played.
1Whocares

United States

#26 Dec 16, 2008
Great Job wrote:
one loss on a west coast road trip is fantastic. I don't care who they played.
And by one point in the last second without Howard for most of the second half!!!!
Longtimefan

Jacksonville, FL

#27 Dec 16, 2008
not the same wrote:
I called this one still canít figure why Gortat hasnít played more - he played in the playoffs
I totally agree with you... He proved he needs to be resigned and backing up DH.
bob

Leavenworth, KS

#28 Dec 16, 2008
wow now we know we have a championship contending team. when we win two straight games without howard, it really shows the depth that the experts thought we lacked
James Hetfield

Cocoa, FL

#29 Dec 16, 2008
After losing Ariza I thought we would never get a quick good defender who flashes hope on the offensive end... looks like CLee is starting to step in nicely
LunchBox

Kissimmee, FL

#30 Dec 16, 2008
Looks like Otis isn't a 'moron' after all! Everyone bashed him when he refused to make moves that turned out to be beyond stupid and ruin the chemistry.

ie, Anyone remember Corey Magaette!? What a big time loser that guy turned out to be! All he cared about was leading the league in shot attemps aparently and people are taking notice and ridiculing him. Now the warriors already wanna trade him. So many people on here thought he would be the missing link to make us contenders,...So I guess that's why we're not NBA GM's obviously.

GO MAGIC
neighb

United States

#31 Dec 16, 2008
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever sat next to the Dancers at an Orlando Magic basketball game ?
Jimbo,

My 20-year season ticket seat is closer to the floor than where the dancers sit. It wouldn't make sense to be that far away from the REAL action.
The Living Tribunal

Miami, FL

#32 Dec 16, 2008
Gortat is an animal, good job backing up or filling in for Dwight. I hope he sees a lot more playing time. He doesn't make any silly mistakes and knows how to finish. Courtney Lee is a stud in the making. He's a good shooter and an even better defender. I hate to say it, but Otis looks like he knows what he's doing with this roster. The one point loss in Phoenix was a letdown, but I bet if the Magic would've gone into that game without Dwight, they would've won. Jameer was a stud last night. Good job Magic, now let's see what you do vs the Spurs and Lakers this week, probably the hardest home games of the season.
Michael in Ocoee

Silver Spring, MD

#33 Dec 16, 2008
c2uk wrote:
<quoted text>
That would not work most of the time, because then we'd be killed from outside.
Also on offence, Gortat most likely would hinder Dwight, as they both are now positioned near the basket...
Agreed, but it would depend upon who we were playing. Let's not discount the fact that the opposing team's PF has to come away from the basket to guard Sweet Lew. This really opens up things for whatever Center is in for us at the time.
Longtimefan

Jacksonville, FL

#34 Dec 16, 2008
Great win. why the hell is Bogans even starting. I think Lee proved my point that he should be starting while Pietrus is out. Gortat is a beast and needs to be resigned soon. He can't get away this offseason. Jameer is showing he is the point guard we all wanted. So haters STEP OFF. Thanks to the Lakers, Celtics and Clevland. The Magic are under the radar. After this weekends game against the Lakers they won't be. They will match L.A in the win column. Yes this means I am calling that ORL will beat the Spurs on Thursday......GO MAGIC!!!
Jimmy

Orlando, FL

#35 Dec 16, 2008
bigtime fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I CALLED THIS ONE!!! OFF BY ONE POINT!! i wrote this comment after the magic utah win ;)
Nobody cares. Calling games is lame.

“Life's a Beach”

Since: Dec 07

Cocoa Beach

#36 Dec 16, 2008
nanningbob wrote:
Well, Lee is solid, Gortat nice fill. Howard will be rested for SA, will want to earn his starting job back :). Suddenly we are starting to look really good. The bottom line is this. If Lee continues to develop the odd man out is Hedo. Lee maybe just as good as a scorer and a better defender. The problem is we run a lot of our offense through Hedo and if we want to go far we cant mess that up this year. We needed bench help but our bench is coming through. Bye-bye JJ, I really thought he would step up this year but Lee is going to bury him at the end of the bench. JJ for Hill. really??? Hey where did all the Anti-Nelson crowd go????
I'm really not sold on trading Hedo like a bunch of people are for a PG or PF.

This team is really starting to gel. Last year Lewis and Turk were learning to play together. We also didn't know what we had in Gortat until the playoffs. We also didn't have Tony Battie last year.

I think we are just fine on the big guys with Dwight, Tony and Marcin and if need be, Foyle can get a few boards, blocks and use a couple of fouls. Cook can come out and give you quick points and play physical.

I do think we need one more point guard. I'm fine with the guards of Pietrus, Lee and Bogans. JJ is the odd guy out, so if we could trade him for a backup point guard, do it!

I like that this team has basically played together for a couple of years now. I wouldn't mess with the chemistry of this team at all (except for the JJ trade).

4-1 on a West Coast trip is awesome and to think we were only 2 seconds away from going 5-0.

Like Jim says, its time to start showing up to these games and supporting this team because we are witnessing something special!

“Life's a Beach”

Cocoa Beach

#37 Dec 16, 2008
James Hetfield wrote:
After losing Ariza I thought we would never get a quick good defender who flashes hope on the offensive end... looks like CLee is starting to step in nicely
And CLee is a better shooter, with a better basketball IQ. Maybe not quite as athletic!
bianchis bald head

Miami, FL

#38 Dec 16, 2008
Stoked on the way they are winning right now. So what are they gonna do with Hedo? Are they gonna let him walk at the end on the year without getting something in return? Hmmm, makes me scratch my oversized melon?

“Life's a Beach”

Cocoa Beach

#39 Dec 16, 2008
neighb wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimbo,
My 20-year season ticket seat is closer to the floor than where the dancers sit. It wouldn't make sense to be that far away from the REAL action.
Hey Neighb,

If you need someone to fill in a seat down there by the floor, hook a brother up! LOL!

“Life's a Beach”

Cocoa Beach

#40 Dec 16, 2008
bianchis bald head wrote:
Stoked on the way they are winning right now. So what are they gonna do with Hedo? Are they gonna let him walk at the end on the year without getting something in return? Hmmm, makes me scratch my oversized melon?
I think this team is really starting to gel. I think we need to keep Hedo and sign him. This team has great chemistry on and off the court.

So we all said before this 5 game trip, we will really know what kind of team we have. I think we all know what we have, an NBA contender!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marcin Gortat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kings Mystified By Wizards, 113-99 (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 3
News Wizards jump on Pacers early (May '14) May '14 Andrew 9
News NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington (May '14) May '14 youchinksareuglyi... 1
News What Suns Should Do With Fifth Pick (Jun '13) Jun '13 south philly 3
News Suns 108, Timberwolves 98: Minnesota loses 12th... (Apr '11) Apr '11 clueless 1
News NBA rescinds technical foul against Boston's Pe... (May '10) May '10 ADalton 1
News Celtics hold off Magic for 95-92 victory (May '10) May '10 money man 10
More from around the web