Magic beat Warriors 109-98

When it comes to being labeled with a specific job title, Orlando Magic point guard Jameer Nelson would like to differ. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
neighb

United States

#1 Dec 15, 2008
Any questions?
Bj Sisco

Leesburg, FL

#2 Dec 15, 2008
Great game. Nelson played out of his mind.

Gortat for Most Improved Player.

Courtney "Spider-man" Lee for Rookie of the Year.
NoFish

United States

#3 Dec 15, 2008
No Howard? No Pietrus? No problem! This team is the real deal.
Jim

Shreveport, LA

#4 Dec 15, 2008
neighb wrote:
Any questions?
Have you ever sat next to the Dancers at an Orlando Magic basketball game ?
not the same

Edgewater, FL

#5 Dec 15, 2008
I called this one still canít figure why Gortat hasnít played more - he played in the playoffs
HonoluluMagic

Kailua Kona, HI

#6 Dec 15, 2008
Good job on this win tonite!
Job well done on the west coast!
Now lets focus on SanAnto and the Lakers.
Jim

Shreveport, LA

#7 Dec 15, 2008
A 4 and 1 road trip. Now that's how to get it done. Playing without Dwight Howard for the second consecutive game the Magic went out there and absolutely refused to lose once again.

Gortat was a monster scoring 16 points and snatching 13 boards like he was picking fruit. And how about Courtney Lee ? This guy is a player folks. He is getting it done off the bench.

Jameer Nelson was absolutely unconscious tonight. He led the charge in the third quarter and helped the Magic get some breathing room in this one.

Lewis had another solid game both scoring and on the boards. Turkoglu did a good job as well dishing out 8 assists.

Folks this team is for real. The bench is improving with each passing game. The injuries have turned out to be a blessing in disguise. It has actually made them a better team. The benefits will really show up later on in the season and in the playoffs.

Now Dwight comes back for this homestand and the Magic will really take off. Then Pietrus will be returning soon to add even more depth.

Yes the future is bright in Orlando folks. And I have a feeling the best is yet to come. Get your tickets now.
bigtime fan

Ocala, FL

#8 Dec 15, 2008
bigtime fan wrote:
Great win, i dont thing dwight will play, and honestly i rather he didnt so he can rest his knee. He broke it at age 15 so we dont want that catching up with him. I have confidence in the magic beating golden state. THey suck at D but the magic have top 5 defensive team so im sure they can control Warriors from out shooting us, plus corey "suck" maggette isnt playing. Lee is gonna have a big game!!! magic win 109-99!!! Believe in your magic!
I CALLED THIS ONE!!! OFF BY ONE POINT!! i wrote this comment after the magic utah win ;)
bigtime fan

Ocala, FL

#9 Dec 15, 2008
dwight should play on thursday, getting much needed rest, and will come back being a monster having 30 points 16 rebounds. MAGIC WILL WIN!!! 98-90. This team is so serious, two wins on the road, one against a good quality team. This team can and will beat boston, cavs, and even Lakers. We will see. we're still missing pietrus but how lee is playing im not sure we miss him
J Lynx

Leesburg, FL

#10 Dec 15, 2008
The Magic are putting a great product on the floor.
Jim

Shreveport, LA

#11 Dec 15, 2008
bigtime fan wrote:
dwight should play on thursday, getting much needed rest, and will come back being a monster having 30 points 16 rebounds. MAGIC WILL WIN!!! 98-90. This team is so serious, two wins on the road, one against a good quality team. This team can and will beat boston, cavs, and even Lakers. We will see. we're still missing pietrus but how lee is playing im not sure we miss him
Bigtime fan your posts clearly have what it takes to get it done. And yes it is obvious here that the Orlando Magic are getting better with each passing second. The maturity level of this team as well as the chemistry is mind boggling at times.

Folks what we are witnessing here is nothing short of spectacular. Everyone needs to jump aboard this bandwagon and enjoy the long journey which will ultimately arrive upon it's destination some time in June.
Jim

Shreveport, LA

#12 Dec 15, 2008
Imagine if you will Gortat playing alongside Howard. There would not be too many folks who would want to drive into the paint with those two standing guard.

And should they dare try there would be a major block party complete with balloons, confetti, and Stuff pumping his fist in jubilation, while the crowd would go absolutely beserk.
Jim

Shreveport, LA

#13 Dec 15, 2008
I see the Magic are number 4 on the nba.com power rankings list. They are behind the Celtics, Lakers, and Cavs. The Spurs have jumped to number 5. That is why this game on Thursday night will be huge against them. Plus it is on TNT. How great would it be to knock off San Antonio on national television ? Maybe then Barkley and Kenny Smith will finally give them there much deserved props.

So far this season the East has beaten the West 64 games to 52 in head to head action. Folks the gap has closed this season in terms of the East improving and catching up with the West.

Hopefully DH will play on Thursday night. He said he wanted to play tonight so that is a good sign. I have a feeling he will have a monster night and put up video game type numbers.

I hope Van Gundy does not put Gortat back on the shelf when Dwight returns. Surely the guy has earned some minutes these last two games.
Jim

Shreveport, LA

#14 Dec 15, 2008
One last note. Did you guys see the two bricks J.J. put up while shooting free throws ? Ouch!! That's not gonna get it done.
derek

Oviedo, FL

#15 Dec 16, 2008
Bj Sisco wrote:
Great game. Nelson played out of his mind.
Gortat for Most Improved Player.
Courtney "Spider-man" Lee for Rookie of the Year.
Wow, The way I see how Lee plays the game, "Spider-man" sounds like such a great nickname! Did you make that up or get it from somewhere? We should all use it and hope it catches on
TruthSpeaks01

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Dec 16, 2008
derek wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, The way I see how Lee plays the game, "Spider-man" sounds like such a great nickname! Did you make that up or get it from somewhere? We should all use it and hope it catches on
they have been saying that in the realgm.com magic board for about a week now. because of that sticky defense.:)

Since: Apr 08

UK

#17 Dec 16, 2008
Jim wrote:
Imagine if you will Gortat playing alongside Howard. There would not be too many folks who would want to drive into the paint with those two standing guard.
And should they dare try there would be a major block party complete with balloons, confetti, and Stuff pumping his fist in jubilation, while the crowd would go absolutely beserk.
That would not work most of the time, because then we'd be killed from outside.

Also on offence, Gortat most likely would hinder Dwight, as they both are now positioned near the basket...
Ryan

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#18 Dec 16, 2008
I have to say I have been a fan since1994 and this is the first time I have ever admiteed that we have a truely good team. We have always dad good players (Wallace,Shaq,Billups,Hardaway ,McGeady,Harpring,Mobley,Mille r,Webber,Armtrong)And now we have a good team locked into a long term deal. By the we have Howard
nanningbob

Nanning, China

#19 Dec 16, 2008
Well, Lee is solid, Gortat nice fill. Howard will be rested for SA, will want to earn his starting job back :). Suddenly we are starting to look really good. The bottom line is this. If Lee continues to develop the odd man out is Hedo. Lee maybe just as good as a scorer and a better defender. The problem is we run a lot of our offense through Hedo and if we want to go far we cant mess that up this year. We needed bench help but our bench is coming through. Bye-bye JJ, I really thought he would step up this year but Lee is going to bury him at the end of the bench. JJ for Hill. really??? Hey where did all the Anti-Nelson crowd go????
nanningbob

Nanning, China

#20 Dec 16, 2008
Lee's stats for December:
9.5 ppg 3.5 reb 2.0 asst. 2.1 steals 1.3 TO per game.

Now that is a good sub.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marcin Gortat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wizards jump on Pacers early (May '14) May '14 Andrew 9
NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington (May '14) May '14 youchinksareuglyi... 1
What Suns Should Do With Fifth Pick (Jun '13) Jun '13 south philly 3
Suns 108, Timberwolves 98: Minnesota loses 12th... (Apr '11) Apr '11 clueless 1
NBA rescinds technical foul against Boston's Pe... (May '10) May '10 ADalton 1
Celtics hold off Magic for 95-92 victory (May '10) May '10 money man 10
No Magic Trick: Boston smothers Orlando 92-88, ... (May '10) May '10 Cleveland 1
More from around the web