NBA's luxury might force the Orlando Magic to part ways with He...

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Fittingly, the Magic close their regular season Wednesday on April 15 - tax day.
Comments
1 - 20 of 99 Comments Last updated Apr 14, 2009
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Brian

Safety Harbor, FL

#1 Apr 9, 2009
The Magic would be STUPID to give up Marcin Gortat, he is an absolute stud.
Cory

Daytona Beach, FL

#2 Apr 9, 2009
This is very easy. Keep Turkoglu and get rid of Lewis' contract.
lorenzo

Winter Garden, FL

#3 Apr 9, 2009
keep gortat and turk...get rid of battie..sorry to say it cause i love battie, but turk is key and gortat has too much upside...
Mike

Sarasota, FL

#4 Apr 9, 2009
Agreed ... keep Turk and Gortat. Let Battie go if needed. Brian ... did you HAVE to bring this up as the playoffs are so near?
Whatever

Altamonte Springs, FL

#5 Apr 9, 2009
I hope they can keep Turk, Gortat and Alston. They are all fine players. Gortat does a great job backing up Dwight.
Brian

Safety Harbor, FL

#6 Apr 9, 2009
LOL.. who's gonna buy Rashard's bloated contract.
Face it, we're stuck with him until he's retired.
Tito

Lakeland, FL

#7 Apr 9, 2009
Cory wrote:
This is very easy. Keep Turkoglu and get rid of Lewis' contract.
Yes, Is that simple. I like Lewis but we can do better. Stay with Hedo and get Bosh or Carmelo or Wade. Cause Lewis takes Superstar $ and play average. We can get two average and 1 superstar for 120mil.
Tiffany

United States

#8 Apr 9, 2009
Their gonna sign hedo again,hes the best turkish player in the nba,and his game is on a whole new level,he does everything,and wit dwight around them,theirs no telling how good he could be next year,dwight makes his teammates better,including hedo
Van Gundys Mustache

Orlando, FL

#9 Apr 10, 2009
Just don't trade Howard like John Gabriel would of, for future trade options.
G8trDan

Winter Springs, FL

#10 Apr 10, 2009
Brian..is it possible or unheard of for Lewis to restructure his contract to allow others to stay? Just wonderin'
coachbob

San Antonio, TX

#11 Apr 10, 2009
We can live without Hedo. Sorry folks. He is very inconsistent, except in big games against tough competition-he disappears. He played poorly in last year's playoffs. When we are in a pressure game vs a GOOD team he folds. Yeah, I have seen him when he does some amazing things, but I don't expect we will get much from him in this years playoffs either. He is slow and sometimes looks bad, although sometimes looks good. We really can't afford him, and we have Pietrus or others get his minutes. WE NEED Gortat however. Too bad we are in a "small market".
CHi CHi

Orlando, FL

#12 Apr 10, 2009
Reminds me of the mid-1990's when the Magic wouldn't pay the money to keep Shaq - look what that did for us...
Stan

Orlando, FL

#13 Apr 10, 2009
with the financial climate out there, I don't think turk will find the money that he may be looking for. Staying home is the best bet, please keep rafer, how awesome would it be to have jameer and have rafer back him up. Let go of tyrone, AJ, and Battie. Keep Marcin, he is a great bench player. Elevate Jermey Richardson.

Since: Mar 07

Orlando, FL

#14 Apr 10, 2009
Let Hedo go!

Bosh in '10!
Observer

Orange Park, FL

#15 Apr 10, 2009
Turk has had ONE good year in ELEVEN. Turk can do alot of things but he's just to inconsistent to give him 50 million would be too much. Hek as soon as Golden state gave Maggette 50 million they quickly realized they overpaid. My question is who else in the league is going to give Turk 50 mil??? nobody, so why should we.....
Andy

Kissimmee, FL

#16 Apr 10, 2009
Whatever Otis does don't give up Rafer, with Rafer and Jameer we are solid at the point. If Turk wants 50 mil - let him go just a shame you don't get anything for him. Batie is gone if he doesn't retire first. All this really depends on what happens in the playoffs. They look good against everyone but Detroit and Houston - could be interesting.
Briannn

Orlando, FL

#17 Apr 10, 2009
As much as I love Hedo.. I don't want to overpay for him. I think he has taken serious steps backward this season. They should try and keep him on the 2010 plan.

Re-signing Gortat should be a top priority. He has developed extremely quickly and is only going to get better. He has a great attitude and always gives 110%.

Lewis is untradeable.. we might as well get that idea out of our heads.
SentinelBlather

Kissimmee, FL

#18 Apr 10, 2009
I have had season tickets during Hedo's time in Orlando and I would do a sign and trade for him in a heartbeat. He is not worth more money. He has trouble passing to Howard. He turns the ball over too much. He misses more layups than anyone. When he dribbles in the paint he has the ball stolen too much. His defense is awful. He does not get enough rebounds. Trade him.
Still Waiting for Change

Austin, TX

#19 Apr 10, 2009
Turk is the mvp of this team when it comes to winning games in the 4th qtr. He Nelson and Howard are the core of this Team. Gortat is crucial in backing up dwight. There are many other folks I would trade other than these two...
Jon

Converse, TX

#20 Apr 10, 2009
Tyron Lue won't be on the books next year and I'd be surprised if we let Gortat and Battie go, you might as well chalk up 48 minutes a game for Dwight if that happens. Oh, and we have 0 draft picks in the next NBA draft as of today so Dwight isn't getting help that way. We need let players like JJ and AJ go and keep the guys who are going to help us win a championship. Sometimes you have to spend to win.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marcin Gortat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wizards jump on Pacers early May '14 Andrew 9
NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington May '14 youchinksareuglyi... 1
What Suns Should Do With Fifth Pick (Jun '13) Jun '13 south philly 3
Suns 108, Timberwolves 98: Minnesota loses 12th... (Apr '11) Apr '11 clueless 1
NBA rescinds technical foul against Boston's Pe... (May '10) May '10 ADalton 1
Celtics hold off Magic for 95-92 victory (May '10) May '10 money man 10
No Magic Trick: Boston smothers Orlando 92-88, ... (May '10) May '10 Cleveland 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Marcin Gortat People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••