Bright House and FSN still battling over showing Magic games

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

The saga between Magic fans and their ability to watch all the team's games on television locally rages on - without a hint of movement by FSN or Bright House .

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 31 of31
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mot in Winter Park

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

My family got the Dish Network last year, just before the Magic season. It rocks - August 1st, it's launching 17 more HD channels, which will give it over 100 HD channels - more than DirecTv.

Dish has the best DVR in the business.

The price is pretty comparable to cable, but you get sooo much more especially with HD - there's no way cable can keep up with HD channels - there's just not enough bandwidth in cable.

I've had Dish for a year and think it's worth every penny - the only times it's gone out during the past year, was recently during some REALLY bad t-storms - but it was only out for about 10-15 minutes.

Dish - has ALL the Magic games...
maggy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

No extra cost tier or package needed for Sun Sports or FSN FL if you live in Fla on DIrect tv. And they do have the games that are in HD, but not all are produced in HD.
baller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

I hate brighthouse
linda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

RBe wrote:
Question for satellite users: Is FSN included in basic package? If not, what is the cost for adding FSN? What level package is required? Are all games (Sunshine and FSN) in HD?
If FSN is an additional charge, then why is FSN fighting with Brighthouse for wanting to do the same?
both fsn florida and sun sports are included in your basic directv packages, as is the hd versions if you have an hd set and access! watched the rays-yanks game in hd only a few days ago!!
linda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Mot in Winter Park wrote:
My family got the Dish Network last year, just before the Magic season. It rocks - August 1st, it's launching 17 more HD channels, which will give it over 100 HD channels - more than DirecTv.
Dish has the best DVR in the business.
The price is pretty comparable to cable, but you get sooo much more especially with HD - there's no way cable can keep up with HD channels - there's just not enough bandwidth in cable.
I've had Dish for a year and think it's worth every penny - the only times it's gone out during the past year, was recently during some REALLY bad t-storms - but it was only out for about 10-15 minutes.
Dish - has ALL the Magic games...
but you don't get sports subs....mo extra inning or sunday ticket. plus, now any game produced in hd is carried in hd (if you have the requisite sub). plus, when directv 11 is turned on at the end of july, early august.....we'll have more than dish network.
coolzero

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

What about Reggie evans Trade for him. There are too maby bigs in Philly and reggie is a hustle guy with a big body that can bang inside as well as rebound. Plus reggie evans is from Pensicola FL. I think haslem would be better but riley will not give up haslem. Trade reddick, Bogans and Cook for Louis Williams and Evans to Philly.
vanderweed

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Make the switch. I pay about 90 a month for four tv's and all the HD channels.
forgive my ignorance, but how is 90 a month for satellite for 4 tv's a better deal than about the same per month for 7 tv's AND internet? btw, all 7 of my tv's can be tuned to different stations at the same time, and do not go out at every rain storm. that being said, i will likely switch to verizon fios when it becomes available.
willie

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

otis is lame he wants to bring back adonal come on bring in magilore he was a allstar and he is a better big and could be cheap to sign
Went Direct

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
How much is you monthly bill? Do you also have a DVR or Internet? I use Brighthouse and I don't feel like switching. I just wish they would resolve this! Why can't the Magic jump in with some money and straighten this out. After all, the Magic are the ones that approved the switch to FSN without even making sure the games were going to be televised. A screwed ploy to get more fans in the Arena apparently. Thanks.
Nice try, cable guy!

I switched to Direct-TV six months ago and let me tell ya, it's the best!
I still have my internet with Bright(crack)house and can't find the way around it!
Hector Jr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

Miller wrote:
WHO CARES???
Obviously you do, dipsh*t !
Brian

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2008

What can we do to get Bright House Network to do the right thing. FSN says they have a reasonable agreement, and every other cable company has them as a provider, but for some reason it is BHN is being greedy. So again, what can we do?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 31 of31
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marcin Gortat Discussions

Search the Marcin Gortat Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Wizards jump on Pacers early May '14 Andrew 9
NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington May '14 youchinksareuglyidiots 1
What Suns Should Do With Fifth Pick (Jun '13) Jun '13 south philly 3
Suns 108, Timberwolves 98: Minnesota loses 12th... (Apr '11) Apr '11 clueless 1
NBA rescinds technical foul against Boston's Pe... (May '10) May '10 ADalton 1
Celtics hold off Magic for 95-92 victory (May '10) May '10 money man 10
No Magic Trick: Boston smothers Orlando 92-88, ... (May '10) May '10 Cleveland 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••