Bright House and FSN still battling over showing Magic games

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

The saga between Magic fans and their ability to watch all the team's games on television locally rages on - without a hint of movement by FSN or Bright House .

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
chuck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

ok
david

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

DirecTV, just do it. I watched every game last year :)
Mike

Maitland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

david wrote:
DirecTV, just do it. I watched every game last year :)
How much is you monthly bill? Do you also have a DVR or Internet? I use Brighthouse and I don't feel like switching. I just wish they would resolve this! Why can't the Magic jump in with some money and straighten this out. After all, the Magic are the ones that approved the switch to FSN without even making sure the games were going to be televised. A screwed ploy to get more fans in the Arena apparently. Thanks.
linda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

i have directv with 2 hd dvr's and an hd receiver plus a protection plan. my bill (not counting my sports subs) is about $100. subtract 2 of those receivers and protection and the cost is lowered by $15.
and i still have brighthouse for my internet......although, there service continues to go downhill!
Native

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
How much is you monthly bill? Do you also have a DVR or Internet? I use Brighthouse and I don't feel like switching. I just wish they would resolve this! Why can't the Magic jump in with some money and straighten this out. After all, the Magic are the ones that approved the switch to FSN without even making sure the games were going to be televised. A screwed ploy to get more fans in the Arena apparently. Thanks.
Make the switch. I pay about 90 a month for four tv's and all the HD channels. No HBO or anything like that. I have AT&T for cellular and internet, and home phone. That together is about 150. So throw that all together and you get 240 for everything. DVR, and HD. Best HD avalible. Have not seen an increase in my bill in over a year.
numbnuts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

You are an idiot if you have the option to go to DirecTV and still have Dimhouse Networks. This fight has been going on for years now and clearly, Dimhouse is not going to bend. They have FSN over in the Tampa market which puzzles me why it is not in this market. I know many people that have already made the switch for the FSN reason alone. Dimhouse will continue to lose money with their idiotic business decisions.
Austin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Thank goodness we get FSN in Gainesville , since I'm at school during the season. Otherwise I'd go crazy!

And getting Foyle back would be huge. We need another big man, bad, and he's just as good as anybody else we'd be able to afford.
The Living Tribunal

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

DirecTV BABY!!!!
Bright House is the worst, too expensive, bad service, internet failure and their technicians scope out your home for future break-ins. Their "digital boxes" are so bad, you end up looking at nothing but squares and boxes. What a poorly run business. The worst marketing and advertising: Those STUPID asterisk commercials, and they built UCF a "stadium" without any water fountains!! Idiots!
Hoping for DirecTV

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

I used to have DirecTV when I lived up north. Now that I am renting an apartment, I am unable to have it due to the direction that my apartment faces. Brighthouse is terrible compared to DirecTV!!! I have significantly fewer channels with Brighthouse now compared to what I ever had with DirecTV and my bill is at least $15-20 more per month. On top of it, the HD receiver (and all receivers for that matter) that brighthouse provides are just awful. I cant WAIT to get my directv back. anyone that willingly sticks with brighthouse is just foolish.
Gloom and Doom

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Hey Bright House. Tell the Tragic to go pound sand.
Michael Lee

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

bright house orlando SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! All they care about is adding more stupid channels and charging more. Plus they (bright house) wants to add FSN on a sports tier and charge EXTRA money for it.

Hell NO!!!!!!!!!!
DAC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

I switched to Dish Network last summer. I get all the Magic games, better picture quality, and a lower bill. Brighthouse doesn't carry the NFL Network either but they have it on Dish. It's not just FSN that Brighthouse is strong arming.
college student

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

This ordeal won't get anywhere this off season. Magic, Brighthouse, and FSN had the entire last season to deal and nothing's changed.
Citronaut

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

I went from having COMCAST where I had FSN - FL. Recently moved, and now I have Brighthouse. I lost FSN - FL but gained the WE & the Lifetime Movie Channel. The INJUSTICE and HUMANITY of this trade.

Besides Orlando Magic hoops, FSN does broadcast some PAC-10, Big 12, and out of region college football games. Also, during college hoops season, they do broadcast UF, FSU, SEC, and ACC hoops games.

Please resolve this Brighthouse and FSN.
Miller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

WHO CARES???
Joe

Santa Rosa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Fighting over what..... the 193 people who would purposefully tune in to watch the Magic minus the 2347 folks who would change channels to more sensible programming. I can hear the argument now.

you take it..

no you take it...

go ahead take it....

no we'd really like you to have it....

no no it's yours....

And on and on ad absurdum
Longtimefan

Elkton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

I am in Jacksonville and I didn't see any games on FSN here!! I couldn't believe it. I only could see games on Sunshine, which was ok but sucked too. They need to bring Magic games to FSN here!!!
where are the haters

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

courtney lee and auggie lead a late rally to get a team full of chucker's their first win. good job by lee w/ clutch shots and auggie making key plays on D at the end to get that win. Lee is looking like he is gonna be a good player for us.
Bumby

Redwood City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the update on this FSN vs. Brighthouse fiasco. I find Alex's comments on this being the "#1 off-season priority" a bit conflicting since no movement has been made. Sounds like he told us what we wanted to hear without much action behind it.

I think everyone involved has lost sight of things. Orlando wants to get behind this team, but they seem to be trying to make it difficult to do so. A shame.
RBe

Winter Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Question for satellite users: Is FSN included in basic package? If not, what is the cost for adding FSN? What level package is required? Are all games (Sunshine and FSN) in HD?
If FSN is an additional charge, then why is FSN fighting with Brighthouse for wanting to do the same?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marcin Gortat Discussions

Search the Marcin Gortat Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Wizards jump on Pacers early May '14 Andrew 9
NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington May '14 youchinksareuglyidiots 1
What Suns Should Do With Fifth Pick (Jun '13) Jun '13 south philly 3
Suns 108, Timberwolves 98: Minnesota loses 12th... (Apr '11) Apr '11 clueless 1
NBA rescinds technical foul against Boston's Pe... (May '10) May '10 ADalton 1
Celtics hold off Magic for 95-92 victory (May '10) May '10 money man 10
No Magic Trick: Boston smothers Orlando 92-88, ... (May '10) May '10 Cleveland 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••