Brace for Magic breakup

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

With cheerleaders and Stuff the mascot rappelling from the rafters, and a flurry of pyrotechnics and smoke, Amway Arena celebrated the return of the NBA Finals after a 14-year absence Tuesday night.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of69
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Scott

Monroe, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

George, I've enjoyed your stories since you have come back but this is not the time for this type of article. The Magic may lose some of this team but outside of Lewis this is a very young team that is only to get better as they mature and continue to play together. We are spoiled that they are already playing and winning in the NBA Finals. Go Magic!
Evil Dead

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

Hey Diaz you chump. Can we talk about this after the finals are over. We just won game 3. Let us enjoy something that Shaq could not do in Orlando..."Win a Finals game." Plus Diaz...you got to understand...once you come a championship team...Ring chasing Vets join teams for pennies on the dollar. Remember Karl Malone and Gary Payton on the lakers a couple of years ago. Hedo will keep eating Pizza with the Magic and resign. Gortat will be a goner counting his paycheck in New York. Magic will replace him with a ring chasing Vet...Rasheed Wallace, Antonio McDyce, etc will be on the Magic's radar to fill in. Now enough of talking about this junk. Lets get ready for Game 4 and tie the series!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

We could trade Alston or Petrieus to be able to afford the 3-4 million to pay Turk. No point in paying our subs 4-5 million when we have Lee ready to fill in as SG.
Rich from Wewa

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

really George? you couldn't wait more than an hour after the first Magic Finals win to post this? maybe Thursday afternoon or sometime Saturday? you're such a debbie downer...let the fans enjoy the win before you tear it down
Fire George Diaz

Merritt Island, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

Seriously, could you find a better topic after the Magic's first finals win in their history. Are you from LA? IDIOT!
Mike

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

Turk really shows his value at the end of games. He a very solid team player and of course clutch. The good news is that Rashard has taken his game to a new level. With Jameer back next year, I think we will still have a solid nucleus (with or without Hedo) But we will def miss him if he leaves.
Mike

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

Yes, I do agree this is somewhat bad timing. Let's enjoy Hedo and our team being in the Finals. No point discussing next year when we are "there" now.
Brian

Oldsmar, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

"Turkoglu is expected to opt out of his contract and become a free agent after Orlando's run in the Finals."

That's bull****, nobody knows what he's going to do yet. Man, you Orlando media people are so depressing.

Way to support your team.
Larry Guest

New Smyrna Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

George, Is this the best you can come up with? This is 2009, players have been coming and going for years. I like Hedo but could you tell me how many allstar teams he's been on? I think Otis Smith will handle this, and he probably won't ask you for your opinion.
PS Get A Real Job
Stephen

Cape Canaveral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

cant this wait ?
Gator

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

Rich from Wewa wrote:
really George? you couldn't wait more than an hour after the first Magic Finals win to post this? maybe Thursday afternoon or sometime Saturday? you're such a debbie downer...let the fans enjoy the win before you tear it down
I thought the same thing...Debbie Downer LOL. George Diaz is generally a good columnist, but his articles lately could certainly use more optimism for the home team.

C'mon, Diaz, your writing is better than that. Enjoy!

GO MAGIC!!!
Magic Fan Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

Why even bring this up now? Typical Sentinel writers writing stupid articles during the NBA finals.

This is why I don't even read the Sentinel sportswriters any more. I glanced at this article and stopped reading.

Talk about the NBA finals or don't write at all!
Magic Man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

Well Magic fans, does this type of article really surprise you? This is the most inept group of journalist this side of the Mississippi. Why write this type of article at this point in the year? Absolutely incredible!! Aren't we in the finals? Didn't we just win game 3? Can I have a job at the Sentinal, I'm sure I could do a much better job!!!
alex

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

i think the point of his article is to give the magic and fans a sense of urgency to do it NOW. a lot of people are talking the future when it is far from guaranteed to even get back to the finals especially with the bostons and clevelands lurking and key players on the magic being free agents, LETS SEIZE THE MOMENT AND WIN THIS NOW!
Jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

Typical article from this "rag" they call a newspaper. Crappy reporters+crappy reporting=crappy newspaper. It never suprises me to see the Sentinel write articles like this. The Orlando Magic should ban this garbage newspaper from having access to the team and its events. What a bunch of losers
MikeBlows

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2009

wow i was expecting this from mike not you diaz
Bianchi Fails

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2009

is everyone at the sentinel a freakin moron?
Sean Reaves

Goodyear, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2009

Dan wrote:
We could trade Alston or Petrieus to be able to afford the 3-4 million to pay Turk. No point in paying our subs 4-5 million when we have Lee ready to fill in as SG.
Pietrus a scrub? lol. I wouldn't call Pietrus a scrub.. Alston will most def get traded this off season..in my opinion at least.
Slantinel Strikes Again

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2009

Wow... Diaz... I usually enjoy your articles, but couldn't this have waited. Yes, it may be true. However, you don't have to act like a hater and post this after our first finals victory. Couldn't you have written an uplifting article about the overcoming of the Shaqbuino curse? Sheeez.
stateoffloridais awful

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2009

not to bright...maybe you should go!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of69
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marcin Gortat Discussions

Search the Marcin Gortat Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Wizards jump on Pacers early May '14 Andrew 9
NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington May '14 youchinksareuglyidiots 1
What Suns Should Do With Fifth Pick (Jun '13) Jun '13 south philly 3
Suns 108, Timberwolves 98: Minnesota loses 12th... (Apr '11) Apr '11 clueless 1
NBA rescinds technical foul against Boston's Pe... (May '10) May '10 ADalton 1
Celtics hold off Magic for 95-92 victory (May '10) May '10 money man 10
No Magic Trick: Boston smothers Orlando 92-88, ... (May '10) May '10 Cleveland 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••