Magic center Marcin Gortat has reportedly drawn Knicks' attention

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Magic backup C Marcin Gortat , a restricted free agent this summer, has drawn the interest of the Knicks , according to the New York Post .
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Jun 9, 2009
hey you

Casselberry, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

Judged:

The Hammer is a good player and could start for a lot of teams. Until these playoffs, he was a well-kept secret, but not anymore. It would be a shame for the Magic to lose him or Turk, because they are on the cusp of greatness. Win or lose this year, they'll leave this postseason a better idea of what it's like under the national spotlight and they'll be more comfortable next time around - plus they'll have Jameer back at 100% and in the flow of the offense which, with all due respect to Rafer, is a big improvement over the current lineup.

So come on back, Marcin and Turk. We need you. You need us. It's a perfect match.
JKH

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

Judged:

hey you wrote:
The Hammer is a good player and could start for a lot of teams. Until these playoffs, he was a well-kept secret, but not anymore. It would be a shame for the Magic to lose him or Turk, because they are on the cusp of greatness. Win or lose this year, they'll leave this postseason a better idea of what it's like under the national spotlight and they'll be more comfortable next time around - plus they'll have Jameer back at 100% and in the flow of the offense which, with all due respect to Rafer, is a big improvement over the current lineup.
So come on back, Marcin and Turk. We need you. You need us. It's a perfect match.
I agree
Magicred4u

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

The taste of a championship is close, if not this year (us in 7)and definitely next year. Marcin and Turk could not be closer anywhere else; they will do the right thing and stay with the Magic.
marko

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

magic need to get gortat resigned fast!!! and trade him away and get a nice hi draft pick for him..we need more athletism at the 2 gaurd position.......get something for gortat,big men are so tuff to find today!!! and gortat is a natural!!!
marko

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

gortat will be a starter in the nba in future!! we need to get something in return,hurry up and get him signed so we at least get a draft pick for him,or a 2 gaurd in a trade..
Code Man

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

marko wrote:
magic need to get gortat resigned fast!!! and trade him away and get a nice hi draft pick for him..we need more athletism at the 2 gaurd position.......get something for gortat,big men are so tuff to find today!!! and gortat is a natural!!!
Lee and Pietrus have a pretty good future at the 2, but of course I'd never mind that guy with the last name of Wade. Hmmm, wonder when his contract is up?
Luke

Kraków, Poland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

Marcin should play in a weaker team as a starter. I hope he could do it next season.
marko

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

Judged:

magic need to act wise here!!! at least get something in return for gortat,his stock is really hi right now...not a lot of big men around right now also...he's very valuable!
LMAO

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

Magicred4u wrote:
The taste of a championship is close, if not this year (us in 7)and definitely next year. Marcin and Turk could not be closer anywhere else; they will do the right thing and stay with the Magic.
They will do the right thing that their agents can negoiate for the biggest pay check.

As bad as Hedo is he may stay because no one wants to pay him more than he gets now...but Gortat wont be in Orlando next year.
As far as a Title goes this was the best chance the Magic will see. They dont have the $ behind them to buy the Trophy... like NY and a few other teams will be able to do.
Renegade Thunder

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

Code Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Lee and Pietrus have a pretty good future at the 2, but of course I'd never mind that guy with the last name of Wade. Hmmm, wonder when his contract is up?
I wouldn't exactly count on the Magic to snag Dwayne. The Heat management will fight tooth and nail to keep him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marcin Gortat Discussions

Search the Marcin Gortat Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Wizards jump on Pacers early May '14 Andrew 9
NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington May '14 youchinksareuglyidiots 1
What Suns Should Do With Fifth Pick (Jun '13) Jun '13 south philly 3
Suns 108, Timberwolves 98: Minnesota loses 12th... (Apr '11) Apr '11 clueless 1
NBA rescinds technical foul against Boston's Pe... (May '10) May '10 ADalton 1
Celtics hold off Magic for 95-92 victory (May '10) May '10 money man 10
No Magic Trick: Boston smothers Orlando 92-88, ... (May '10) May '10 Cleveland 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••