Catch up with the Magic with this hel...

Catch up with the Magic with this helpful post-road trip Q & A

There are 27 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Dec 16, 2008, titled Catch up with the Magic with this helpful post-road trip Q & A. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The Orlando Magic just returned from the NBA 's version of the Bermuda Triangle, otherwise known as a road trip out West.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Michael in Ocoee

Silver Spring, MD

#22 Dec 17, 2008
Cocoa Beach Fan wrote:
The more I think about it, maybe this trade makes sense? First of all, most of us agree that JJ has been a bust for an 11th pick.
Grant could come back, come off the bench and play some Point-Forward or Small-Forward. He's a veteran that knows the game.
The other thing, since Otis gave JJ an extension, we can basically rent Grant for the remainder of the season. It would open up some cap space for next year and JJ would be off the books.
We all know Grant took a lot of money from the Magic organization, but nobody can't say he wasn't a good guy in the locker room, a good guy in the community and he did everything he possibly could try and get better to help his teammates.
Maybe this trade does make sense?
I was ticked when Grant didn't agree to come back to play SG for us. But if we can pull off this trade, you take a Grant Hill back. He can play SG, SF, or Point Forward.
Michael in Ocoee

Silver Spring, MD

#23 Dec 17, 2008
mizz wrote:
In a few months from now, Grant Hill will injure himself and be out for the year. Again. Bad trade. At least get some value for JJ. I like Stokes W's idea: JJ for Joakim Noah. NIce!
And Chicago makes that trade....why again?
Michael in Ocoee

Silver Spring, MD

#24 Dec 17, 2008
Solar Bear wrote:
<quoted text>
So that's JJ & LMAO to Phoenix for Grant Hill. Gets rid of one who can't shoot straight and one who can't think straight. Sounds like a winner to me! ;-)
lol!!!! Now that's funny.
Tiffany

United States

#25 Dec 17, 2008
my baby dwight missed his 1st game of his career,but its all good,cuz they still winning them games,and that fatty patty coach needs to start back tony battie and let rashard come off the bench,tony too sexy to be coming off the bench
LMAO

AOL

#26 Dec 18, 2008
Solar Bear wrote:
<quoted text>
So that's JJ & LMAO to Phoenix for Grant Hill. Gets rid of one who can't shoot straight and one who can't think straight. Sounds like a winner to me! ;-)
You so cute! I'm a packin' my gear and gettin' ready for the flight to Phoenix!
Get me away from this Mickey Mouse town and Mickey Mouse team!
Praise the Lord!
:)
ddddd

Ames, IA

#27 Dec 18, 2008
Joe wrote:
I can’t believe that Grant Hill would play for Otis and Food on Shirt. Of course the deal would have to be approved by Nelson and DH. The Van der Weinies probably would like Grant back. I hope this will give JJ a path out. The Magic need some adult leadership. Grant Hill can provide that. JJ for Marbury is the dream trade. Marbury and the Magic are a perfect match. DH will be a Knick within 3 years. Let the good times roll.
Marbury is not the perfect match. I would rather have the magic sign Allan Houston out of retirement to a 200 million dollar contract than the magic touch Marbury! Marbury has been a cancer to every locker room he has been in. Otis has made some shady moves before, but I don't even think Otis is stupid enough to do that!
To say that DH will be a knick in 3 years is bogus too. DH signed a max extention which keeps him in Orlando for 5 years. Dwight has more loyalty than that, and Dwight can win here.
JJ for Grant.... um it has its advantages and disadvantages. I think it would finally give JJ the playing time with a coach that will figure out the best way to use him with the mix of players. JJ really cannot play in a system in which he doesn't see the ball. It is impossible for JJ to see the ball in the Magics system due to Hedo, Rashard, Jameer, and Dwight. When JJ started those few games he became a 5th option on offense... and everyone criticized his shooting even though he was not able to get into a rhythm. Grant would give the magic a veteran... but don't the Magic already have a solid veteran influence in Battie?
Dhraga

Orlando, FL

#28 Dec 19, 2008
Rumor I heard was GHill would QUIT before coming back to the Magic... I think he still wants to start.. and he feels dissed because we didnt make him a mega offer to stay around.

and no dont want a "starberry" ANYWHERE near what seems like a pretty good lockerroom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marcin Gortat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kings Mystified By Wizards, 113-99 Dec '15 Fart news 3
News Wizards jump on Pacers early (May '14) May '14 Andrew 9
News NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington (May '14) May '14 youchinksareuglyi... 1
News What Suns Should Do With Fifth Pick (Jun '13) Jun '13 south philly 3
News Suns 108, Timberwolves 98: Minnesota loses 12th... (Apr '11) Apr '11 clueless 1
News NBA rescinds technical foul against Boston's Pe... (May '10) May '10 ADalton 1
News Celtics hold off Magic for 95-92 victory (May '10) May '10 money man 10
More from around the web