NBA free-agent shopping list: Will Magic go for brand names or ...

The Orlando Magic didn't have a draft pick, but they are now on the clock. Today - a tick after midnight, actually - the NBA free-agency courting period officially began. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Are You Kidding Me? SHAQ left?”

Since: Feb 08

Orlando[Alt.Springs]-Houston

#61 Jul 1, 2009
Dr James Naismith wrote:
<quoted text>
JJ, yes JJ how could anyone forget. It's amazing the guy(?) can't shoot, defend, or rebound. So they make up a new position for him - Facilitator.
JJ is now a great Facilitator.
Just what we need JJ, G. Hill. Come on down Tracy Mcgrady. Let the festivities begin.
LOL...yeah lets get TMAC too....he'll be our new team doctor!
LMAO

AOL

#62 Jul 1, 2009
O-MAGIC wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO.......:-)
Thats was funny!
HEY! I have Grants autograph!
:)
Reaper

Shreveport, LA

#63 Jul 1, 2009
here are my thoughts look at sheed, bass, mcdyess, marion or gooden for your bigs. we need something better at sg either daniels, mccants or barnes as your sg or sf. i see them signing at least 3 to 4 players off of free agency leaving them with 11 or 12 players they might add 2 from the summer league roster and let one be for injury they might need to add later.
disappointed

Montgomery, AL

#66 Jul 1, 2009
I would rather light myself on fire then watch Grant Hill win a ring with Orlando!!!

I have been a fan since 89, my dad has had season tickets since 92 and I went with him until I got into the military.

I would rather have Penny or TMac sit on the pine and win a ring than to see Grant "TWO FACE" Hill win one with the Magic. He is a thief and the complete opposite of a class act that everyone makes him out to be.

You guys must forget that Orlando actually offered him more than the vet min to stay and he said he wanted a ring and still hasn't gotten out of the first round.

The Kharma stink alone from having this guy would cost Orlando a ring.

“"Hoop there it is"”

Since: Mar 09

Clermont, FL

#67 Jul 1, 2009
LMAO wrote:
Like I always say, "the more Dukies with brains the better to get the money from the dummies!"
Go JJ, Go Grant...what the Magic need is an all Duke team! The more Facilitators the more Intelligent Team!
Does anyone know if Artest still signs his name with an X?
Just what we need!

X

“"Hoop there it is"”

Clermont, FL

#68 Jul 1, 2009
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY! I have Grants autograph!
But where did you get it from?
Did it smell funny?

“"Hoop there it is"”

Clermont, FL

#69 Jul 1, 2009
disappointed wrote:
I would rather light myself on fire then watch Grant Hill win a ring with Orlando!!!
I have been a fan since 89, my dad has had season tickets since 92 and I went with him until I got into the military.
I would rather have Penny or TMac sit on the pine and win a ring than to see Grant "TWO FACE" Hill win one with the Magic. He is a thief and the complete opposite of a class act that everyone makes him out to be.
You guys must forget that Orlando actually offered him more than the vet min to stay and he said he wanted a ring and still hasn't gotten out of the first round.
The Kharma stink alone from having this guy would cost Orlando a ring.
Nicely put and I couldn't agree more.
T-Rain

Alexandria, VA

#70 Jul 1, 2009
One name missing from the list: Channing Frye. He probably is redundant with the PFs the Magic already have (Rashard Lewis, Ryan Anderson) but he could be a value pickup at a bargain price.

The Magic primary need is at least one backup center/PF. Wallace would be a nice fit because he can defend but also hits the 3. McDyess would also add some interior presence.

The need to replace Battie and replace (probably) Gortat is what will keep the Magic from re-signing Turk at first. If they can't sign one of the better post players, then you might see a possible deal with Turk, especially if Turk decides his options this year aren't so great and settles on a shorter term deal to allow reentry into a better market next year.
Mr_Adams

Palo Alto, CA

#71 Jul 1, 2009
T.J. Ford to back up Nelson or maybe even start, Brandon Bass, Marquis Daniels and a half decent foward. Problem solved. NBA champs next season
Reaper

Shreveport, LA

#72 Jul 1, 2009
T-Rain wrote:
One name missing from the list: Channing Frye. He probably is redundant with the PFs the Magic already have (Rashard Lewis, Ryan Anderson) but he could be a value pickup at a bargain price.
The Magic primary need is at least one backup center/PF. Wallace would be a nice fit because he can defend but also hits the 3. McDyess would also add some interior presence.
The need to replace Battie and replace (probably) Gortat is what will keep the Magic from re-signing Turk at first. If they can't sign one of the better post players, then you might see a possible deal with Turk, especially if Turk decides his options this year aren't so great and settles on a shorter term deal to allow reentry into a better market next year.
well lewis has shown he can be a a combo forward hell be well suited for a small forward. thats why the magic are looking for a power forward. i think getting bass gooden and odom would be nice though i dont think we could afford him though. i like your suggestion frye might be a good fit as well.
Reaper

Shreveport, LA

#73 Jul 1, 2009
Mr_Adams wrote:
T.J. Ford to back up Nelson or maybe even start, Brandon Bass, Marquis Daniels and a half decent foward. Problem solved. NBA champs next season
we still have aj and i think the magic should take a good look at a sign and trade with the blazers for hedo that would include us getting pg Mills or we see who deserves a pg spot from the summer league my thought would be pargo. as the sg we know reddick is useless so id like see us getting their daniels or mccant or like i was sayin about SAT with hedo include rudy fernadez b/c i hear he's not to happy that the blazers are considering adding Hedo. this gives us a proven back up that could be a starter in the next few years. were good at the sf with lewis and pietrus. the power forward and back up center is a big concern i feel that where we need to focus more on.
Kevin

United States

#74 Jul 1, 2009
Blasphamy! Never speak the name of Grant Hill in an Orlando newspaper ever again please... I almost had a heart attack.

It's pretty obvious that the Magic are not going to re-sign Turk (tear...) which now makes the Carter trade very interesting. I would love them to re-sign Gortat to back up Dwight, especially with Shaq now back in the East but not at $5 million! Assuming those two are gone the Magic need to make a SERIOUS play for Rasheed Wallace. I know he has technical foul issues but teammates and coaches have always raved about him not being a locker-room killer so I'm all for it.

I would also like to see them makes plays for Brandon Bass, Matt Barnes, Ime Udoka, and even Von Wafer as young guys who will come at a good price, who want to contribute and play for a championship level team.

“Orlando Magic........... ......”

Since: Jul 07

Magic land

#75 Jul 1, 2009
Lets face it folks the answer is
Rasheed Wallace
Plays 4 and 5, shoots the 3s at a good clip, great re-bounder, great defender ( ask Superman )
and from what I hear a great teammate.
with him we have the title

Take a chance Otis.

In Otis we trust.
danny

Severn, MD

#76 Jul 2, 2009
danny

Severn, MD

#77 Jul 2, 2009
great article on the vince carter trade

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/210323-war...
Reaper

United States

#78 Jul 2, 2009
there is a rumor that were going after nate robinson

United States

#79 Jul 2, 2009
danny wrote:
great article on the vince carter trade
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/210323-war...
I enjoyed the article, thanks for the post but, I gotta wonder about an article that says Otis was a power forward. Maybe a 3 but a 4?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marcin Gortat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wizards jump on Pacers early May '14 Andrew 9
NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington May '14 youchinksareuglyi... 1
What Suns Should Do With Fifth Pick (Jun '13) Jun '13 south philly 3
Suns 108, Timberwolves 98: Minnesota loses 12th... (Apr '11) Apr '11 clueless 1
NBA rescinds technical foul against Boston's Pe... (May '10) May '10 ADalton 1
Celtics hold off Magic for 95-92 victory (May '10) May '10 money man 10
No Magic Trick: Boston smothers Orlando 92-88, ... (May '10) May '10 Cleveland 1

Marcin Gortat People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE