NBA free-agent shopping list: Will Magic go for brand names or ...

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

The Orlando Magic didn't have a draft pick, but they are now on the clock. Today - a tick after midnight, actually - the NBA free-agency courting period officially began.
Comments
41 - 60 of 77 Comments Last updated Jul 2, 2009

“Are You Kidding Me? SHAQ left?”

Since: Feb 08

Orlando[Alt.Springs]-Houston

#41 Jul 1, 2009
Hmmmmmmmmm....Interesting....A nybody come across this one??

"""Agent David Bauman said Tuesday afternoon that the Lakers, Cleveland Cavs and Orlando Magic were three teams he expected to join Houston in pursuit of Artest. """

“"Hoop there it is"”

Since: Mar 09

Clermont, FL

#42 Jul 1, 2009
MikeBloms wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn dog if you really feel that way why watch sports ever?? Any sport you go to this happens day in and day out.... The magic have had plenty of players in and out of here in their brief history it is the way of the game.... Do you think C.Lee feels happy being shipped to New Jersey? NO but he is a player and this is a business!! GROW UP FOOL
Let me try and explain this to you slowly.

Courtney Lee was traded to another team for another player. We didn't want to do that and he didn't want to go. But, it was the only way to get the deal done.

Grant Hill had a choice. He could have stayed with us - the team that supported and paid him max dollars for many years while he gave us virtually nothing in return and disabled our franchise. Instead he turned his back on us when he could have provided some payback. He SPIT IN OUR FACE and walked away thinking he made a better move.

And you want him back?

You probably want your girl back after she was with your neighborhood Pro-Am Bowling Team too!

Who's the fool?

“"Hoop there it is"”

Clermont, FL

#43 Jul 1, 2009
What your girl doesn't bowl?
Hmmmmm
Moon_Cricket

Decatur, GA

#44 Jul 1, 2009
They will sign a black guy......

“"Hoop there it is"”

Clermont, FL

#45 Jul 1, 2009
Moon_Cricket wrote:
They will sign a black guy......
"Sounds good to me. Once you go black, you never go back."

JJ Redick
MikeBloms

Apopka, FL

#46 Jul 1, 2009
Dr James Naismith wrote:
What your girl doesn't bowl?
Hmmmmm
Nah Actually im too busy with your girl.......OOOO

“"Hoop there it is"”

Clermont, FL

#47 Jul 1, 2009
MikeBloms wrote:
<quoted text>
What a comeback.

And your mom wears army boots.

Nah, nah,nah,nah,nah.
jtm

United States

#48 Jul 1, 2009
Welcome to the OC wrote:
You guys have to get over Grant Hill and Shaq leaving town. They made a business decision - JUST LIKE YOU WOULD!!!!
Would I open up the vault to Grant Hill - no way!! Would I sign him to the veteran's minimum? In a heartbeat!!! Did you see the numbers he put up last year? I bet Otis saw the same numbers and will probably make an offer to Grant's agent.
Get over it!!!
Business decision?!! He peaced out for the veterans minimum to chace a ring (same $$ the Magic offered after he got a 7 yr max contract for nothing). That isn't a 'business decision' that's a b1tch decision
Welcome to the OC

Orlando, FL

#49 Jul 1, 2009
Dr James Naismith wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me try and explain this to you slowly.
Courtney Lee was traded to another team for another player. We didn't want to do that and he didn't want to go. But, it was the only way to get the deal done.
Grant Hill had a choice. He could have stayed with us - the team that supported and paid him max dollars for many years while he gave us virtually nothing in return and disabled our franchise. Instead he turned his back on us when he could have provided some payback. He SPIT IN OUR FACE and walked away thinking he made a better move.
And you want him back?
You probably want your girl back after she was with your neighborhood Pro-Am Bowling Team too!
Who's the fool?
The Magic are to blame for Grant Hill - not Grant Hill. He was on crutches when they signed him. They knew there was a chance that he would be out for an extended period of time.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I think Grant is a great player and he is a great member of our Orlando community. He is frequently out and about with his family and never turns down autograph seekers. Great guy.
jtm

United States

#50 Jul 1, 2009
MikeBloms wrote:
<quoted text>
lame!
Duke of Orlando

Englewood, FL

#51 Jul 1, 2009
Since we must continually see pictures of fatso Shack and crybaby Queen, the OS must have been purchased by the Cleveland Plains Dealer. No way is the Orlando newspaper going to constantly show pictures of players not in Magic uniforms.......right?????

“"Hoop there it is"”

Clermont, FL

#52 Jul 1, 2009
jtm wrote:
<quoted text>
lame!
Thank you jtm.

“"Hoop there it is"”

Clermont, FL

#53 Jul 1, 2009
Welcome to the OC wrote:
<quoted text>
The Magic are to blame for Grant Hill - not Grant Hill. He was on crutches when they signed him. They knew there was a chance that he would be out for an extended period of time.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I think Grant is a great player and he is a great member of our Orlando community. He is frequently out and about with his family and never turns down autograph seekers. Great guy.
THE MAGIC ARE TO BLAME?

Despite the crutches, the team gave him max dollars, the community supported him completely throughout the ordeal. AND HE TURNED HIS BACK ON US.

He's around town alright, spending all the UNEARNED dollars we paid him.

Hey Grant, take your autographs and shove them up your A**!

“"Hoop there it is"”

Clermont, FL

#54 Jul 1, 2009
BTW, none wants Grant Hill as part of this community anyway. Please move to Phoenix with your championship contenders.

“"Hoop there it is"”

Clermont, FL

#55 Jul 1, 2009
Typo no one, not none

#56 Jul 1, 2009
Dr James Naismith wrote:
BTW, none wants Grant Hill as part of this community anyway. Please move to Phoenix with your championship contenders.
Doc, I have a feeling GHILL will be your new locker room leader and a guard for Vet.Minimum.
Sorry...
PS,
ohh and JJ is your new starting SG!
LOL

#57 Jul 1, 2009
Dr James Naismith wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Grant, take your autographs and shove them up your ****!
LMAO.......:-)
Thats was funny!
Aron

Orlando, FL

#58 Jul 1, 2009
O-MAGIC wrote:
Hmmmmmmmmm....Interesting....A nybody come across this one??
"""Agent David Bauman said Tuesday afternoon that the Lakers, Cleveland Cavs and Orlando Magic were three teams he expected to join Houston in pursuit of Artest. """
Yeah I was gonna say something about that in the Hedo article. If Houston is going after Gortat, are the going to be able to resign Artest? And if they aren't we could probably offer Artest the same amount of money we offered Hedo the first time. Artest only made around 7 mil, and 8.75 mil would be a raise for sure or do some kind of sign and trade for Gortat since Gortat is gone.

“"Hoop there it is"”

Clermont, FL

#59 Jul 1, 2009
O-MAGIC wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc, I have a feeling GHILL will be your new locker room leader and a guard for Vet.Minimum.
Sorry...
PS,
ohh and JJ is your new starting SG!
LOL
JJ, yes JJ how could anyone forget. It's amazing the guy(?) can't shoot, defend, or rebound. So they make up a new position for him - Facilitator.

JJ is now a great Facilitator.

Just what we need JJ, G. Hill. Come on down Tracy Mcgrady. Let the festivities begin.
LMAO

AOL

#60 Jul 1, 2009
Like I always say, "the more Dukies with brains the better to get the money from the dummies!"
Go JJ, Go Grant...what the Magic need is an all Duke team! The more Facilitators the more Intelligent Team!
Does anyone know if Artest still signs his name with an X?
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marcin Gortat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wizards jump on Pacers early May '14 Andrew 9
NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington May '14 youchinksareuglyi... 1
What Suns Should Do With Fifth Pick (Jun '13) Jun '13 south philly 3
Suns 108, Timberwolves 98: Minnesota loses 12th... (Apr '11) Apr '11 clueless 1
NBA rescinds technical foul against Boston's Pe... (May '10) May '10 ADalton 1
Celtics hold off Magic for 95-92 victory (May '10) May '10 money man 10
No Magic Trick: Boston smothers Orlando 92-88, ... (May '10) May '10 Cleveland 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Marcin Gortat People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••