NBA free-agent shopping list: Will Magic go for brand names or ...

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

The Orlando Magic didn't have a draft pick, but they are now on the clock. Today - a tick after midnight, actually - the NBA free-agency courting period officially began.
Comments
1 - 20 of 77 Comments Last updated Jul 2, 2009
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Craig

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2009

No, absolutly no way do I want Grant Hill back. If he is willing to pay back some of that $93 million, which I doubt, then and only then, will I'll consider it. Rasheed would be a good pickup, Drew Gooden could come cheap, he only made $2 million, last season; we might get Keith Bogans back, Anthony Parker could be decent role player and Brandon Bass would fit nicely. No doubt the Magic salary could hit $80 million next year.
What Comes Around

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2009

No way on Grant Hill. He left here to pursue that title when the Magic could have badly used him.

He's a guy that says all the right things but doesn't hold himself up to the standard he's set.
Magic Fan Mark

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2009

No Grant Hill please. Thank you!
Renegade Thunder

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2009

1) I'll pass on Hill coming back.
2) I would think that Otis will try and snare Sheed.
3) Hey, wasn't Bogans here before?
Tito

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2009

I like the Vince Carter addition, but I have some many worries. Is like buying a great home that needs work and very expensive. I just hope some players will consider the state tax, championship chances, great players and honest coaching. I like Brass and hate Gooden. Like Rasheed hate Iverson. I can't see Andre Miller playing bench. like grant hill's game but I can't forgive, get MarquisD. and Bogans. Would love D. Lee. or McDyess. The magic will get Marquis D, Murray and Wilcox. 2 unknow players maybe Vazques.
CSG

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2009

First of all, I'm not totally against Hill coming back but that would probably a lot of fan support so I would say a no go on that one. As for sheed, before I would say Otis would never go after a guy with that attitude but Otis threw me completely off guard with the carter trade so I expect anything to happen (which is not a bad thing). My favorites would be Bass, Parker, and/or Sheed as our main targets but I don't know who would be realistic. Like I said before, I don't know what to expect anymore.
Renegade Thunder

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2009

Jason Kidd will either stick around in Dallas or head north to play for the Knicks. Ben Gordon will get an offer from Detroit, after they find a coach first.
jopoc

Pasay City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2009

sign sheed and bass or maybe even get back drew gooden.

as for grant hill, no way, this guy is cursed! any team he plays cannot go past 1st round, no matter how good or talented that team is.
Josh

Winterthur, Switzerland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

I'd go for sign and trade Hedo along with a first round pick in 2010 or more (to Prtland for Rudy Fernandez, Joel Przybilla and Travis Outlaw) and then Sheed, Bass or Villanueva at MLE. Further i'd go shopping MP...if Outlaw/Fernandez trade worked...hmm...keep dreaming :-)
Welcome to the OC

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

You guys have to get over Grant Hill and Shaq leaving town. They made a business decision - JUST LIKE YOU WOULD!!!!

Would I open up the vault to Grant Hill - no way!! Would I sign him to the veteran's minimum? In a heartbeat!!! Did you see the numbers he put up last year? I bet Otis saw the same numbers and will probably make an offer to Grant's agent.

Get over it!!!

“"Hoop there it is"”

Since: Mar 09

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

Grant Hill's a piece of scum.

He turned his back on us after we made him the highest paid rehabbing player in history.

We stood behind him, supported him, and paid him all through his hard times.

And then he turns around and SPITS IN OUR FACE to go to Phoenix to win a championship!

Nice move you a*sho*e - stay in Phoenix and wither up there.

“"Hoop there it is"”

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

And now that Hedo's gone, can't we PLEASE GET RID OF REDICK?
DrKittyPants

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

magic should really attempt a sign and trade for boozer and just go deep into luxury tax for one year. Boozer has this last year on this last year on his contract. we sign turky to a deal and trade him over to utah and take boozer for his last year (and hefty one year deal around 16) or go the cheapo route and pick up some slackers but lets def get KEITH BOGANS BACK!
anti-Grant

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

Hey Magic,

Grant Hill? Grant Hill?? Are you kidding????

The guy crippled this franchise financially for years, he refused to give the club relief. As soon as hes healthy he bolted for Phoenix.

and you want to resign him because he built a house here and it would be convenient for him?

Sign Grant Hill and you can have him, the team and my seat, because I will be done with the Magic.

geez.... get real.
Dr James Naismith

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

We should trade reshard lewis for lebron james! i dont understand otis smith, thats the obvious deal!!! Also please sign AI!!! make jameer cxome off the bench AI would guide us! Reddick should put on a pair of tighty whities and come on over to my place for some gardening.

Since: Mar 07

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

Dr James Naismith wrote:
And now that Hedo's gone, can't we PLEASE GET RID OF REDICK?
You can not get rid of someone no one else wants.
Johnnyboy

Oviedo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

take Hill back for Minimum. We'd be crazy not to. Sure he left for an elusive championship. He bought into the Shaq factor just like Cleveland did. It would be icing on the cake to take Big Diesel( Is that his lastest nickname, who knows with this guy) down this coming playoff season. Grant you can come along for the ride
Master of Magic

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

Do NOT let bygones be bygones with Grant Hill, he is a worthless human being just trying to chase a title. I know the true magic fans DO NOT WANT GRANT HILL BACK, and certainly don't want to give him a ring. That's what he left Orlando for, to chase a ring, now we are the best team in the league and he's coming to cry home...no i dont think so. Go back to Detroit you loser.

“"Hoop there it is"”

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

420greg wrote:
<quoted text>
You can not get rid of someone no one else wants.
Ain't that the truth.
Bree

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

NO GRANT HILL!! Bring Bogans back...I actually liked him...LOL...NO HEDO TURKEY LEG EITHER!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marcin Gortat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wizards jump on Pacers early May '14 Andrew 9
NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington May '14 youchinksareuglyi... 1
What Suns Should Do With Fifth Pick (Jun '13) Jun '13 south philly 3
Suns 108, Timberwolves 98: Minnesota loses 12th... (Apr '11) Apr '11 clueless 1
NBA rescinds technical foul against Boston's Pe... (May '10) May '10 ADalton 1
Celtics hold off Magic for 95-92 victory (May '10) May '10 money man 10
No Magic Trick: Boston smothers Orlando 92-88, ... (May '10) May '10 Cleveland 1

Search the Marcin Gortat Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••