Magic's Dwight Howard suspended for G...

Magic's Dwight Howard suspended for Game 6 of Sixers series

There are 174 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 29, 2009, titled Magic's Dwight Howard suspended for Game 6 of Sixers series. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard has been suspended for Thursday's Game 6 against Philadelphia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Danny

Uniontown, OH

#22 Apr 29, 2009
UgetwhatUpay4 wrote:
It is just because he is big, and our best player. If it had been gortat, nobody would have cared.
no It's because he elbowed a guy in the head on purpose.

Seriously, how are people arguing that he didn't elbow someone in the head when the tape clearly shows it
Alex

Alachua, FL

#23 Apr 29, 2009
Tony Dileo is a punk. Sam Dalembert should've been called for a foul for the blatant pushing. Yeah he goated Howard & they whined & cried to get him out because this is the only way they have a chance of beating Orlando. I hope the other guys get really pissed & take it to them in Philly and close out the series. If they really want to win, win it fair & square with DHoward on the floor.
Ryan

Jacksonville, FL

#24 Apr 29, 2009
What better way to shut them up by winning Game 6 in philly. The Magic have shown us in the past that they step up when adversity hits the Magic. Go get them Magic!!!!
LOL

Eustis, FL

#25 Apr 29, 2009
Danny wrote:
well deserved. Congrats to the NBA for getting it right, you can't act like a thug out there throwing elbows
Dwight is no thug. For a guy who gets hit and beat on every game with no calls to protect him; I'm surprised he hasn't done far worse with what he takes on a nightly basis. This is a pathetic punishment that should have just been a fine. The league does nothing to prevent these guys from hacking him when they obviously aren't going for the ball.
Philly Crybabies

Deltona, FL

#26 Apr 29, 2009
get off lebron't taint. NY, there he goes!
Brittany

Orlando, FL

#27 Apr 29, 2009
If the 76ers would have won the game, no suspension or fuss would have been made. It is crap that they are doing this to Howard, it is an aggressive game, calls need to be made both ways. Its ridiculous. I hope the Magic can pull it together and kick there butt tomorrow night in Philly!!
Bob

Oshkosh, WI

#28 Apr 29, 2009
Like i said earlier if you dont suspend Rondo from Boston you shouldnt suspend Dwight...more inconsistency from the NBA ..Stern needs to go
Hmm

Winter Park, FL

#29 Apr 29, 2009
I just read the book.. It said that Dwight Howard's elbow to Courtney Lee cancels out his elbow to Samuel Dalembert.

At least that's what it says in my book!
Philly Crybabies

Deltona, FL

#30 Apr 29, 2009
kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
what do you mean the sixers know they had no chance? the won 2 games, and lost another on a circus shot by hedo...the sixers had more than just a chance to win, they were even with the magic...just because somebody is pushing you in the back doesnt warrant an elbow to the face!
I am pretty sure that you would throw an elbow at someone if he was pushing your back. id*ot.
Magic Fan

Deltona, FL

#31 Apr 29, 2009
I was at the game and didn't see said elbow as a purposeful act. Dwight is huge and his elbows do not have eyes to see and to dodge around objects beneath them... Dalembert was crying to the refs all game long. After every friggin' whistle... He is a big C-R-Y B-A-B-Y! He and Bosch ought to hang out and give each other a shoulder to cry on. I'm friggin OUTRAGED! I hope the magic bench anihilates the Sixers with a 20 point spanking in the next game. And on another note--that was the most poorly called game I've EVER seen. If they want someone who doesn't know how to officiate to go out there and just make random calls, I'll do it for half the money those guys do! Sign me up!
FourBrickNick

Clemmons, NC

#32 Apr 29, 2009
Sean Reaves wrote:
For a "rough and tough" city Sixers sure are soft.. Maybe there is too much brotherly love in that city.
Best post ever!
Steve

United States

#33 Apr 29, 2009
i can understand that the elbow was against the rules & based on that should get suspended but it applies both ways , Ratliff & Dalembert had more than a few very hard fouls that SHOULD have been called flagrants on them.
Magic Legend

Daytona Beach, FL

#34 Apr 29, 2009
David Stern is lucky he came to Tuesday's game. He is now officially hated in Orlando. I would love to get a hold of him
PISSED Magic Fan

Beggs, OK

#35 Apr 29, 2009
Ok, I saw the elbow thrown but what about all the shoves and crap Dalembert and Ratliff have thrown at Dwight this whole series? Maybe Stan and otis should be complaining like babies too? This is absolutely ridiculous. And it pisses me off even more that this is the only talk of the Magic or Howard throughout this entire series. We weren't worthy before this now all Webber and Barkley want to do is diss on Dwight. Grow up you big babies!
PISSED Magic Fan

Beggs, OK

#36 Apr 29, 2009
I hope Gortat goes out there and lays one of them down!! We should flop on all fouls tomorrow night..bunch of whiners those phillies are!
USA

Winter Garden, FL

#37 Apr 29, 2009
That's the NBA - anything to extend a series. Bet you DH would not have been suspended if the Magic lost.
Jim

United States

#38 Apr 29, 2009
does anyone have a link to the foul?
Magic Fan

Beggs, OK

#39 Apr 29, 2009
I hope this motivates our team to come out tomorrow night so mad that they tear up Philly and put them away for Dwight.
1WhoCares

Orlando, FL

#40 Apr 29, 2009
Danny wrote:
well deserved. Congrats to the NBA for getting it right, you can't act like a thug out there throwing elbows
How about what Dalembert did prior to the elbow, he sure grabbed and pulled DH, and of course hidden from view, and what he probably was yelling at DH, well thay got what they wanted...can't beat the Magic any other way...
FourBrickNick

Clemmons, NC

#41 Apr 29, 2009
kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
what do you mean the sixers know they had no chance? the won 2 games, and lost another on a circus shot by hedo...the sixers had more than just a chance to win, they were even with the magic...just because somebody is pushing you in the back doesnt warrant an elbow to the face!
Hey Retard, the Sixers won both of their games on circus shots. You must have some Brotherly Love in you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marcin Gortat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kings Mystified By Wizards, 113-99 (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 3
News Wizards jump on Pacers early (May '14) May '14 Andrew 9
News NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington (May '14) May '14 youchinksareuglyi... 1
News What Suns Should Do With Fifth Pick (Jun '13) Jun '13 south philly 3
News Suns 108, Timberwolves 98: Minnesota loses 12th... (Apr '11) Apr '11 clueless 1
News NBA rescinds technical foul against Boston's Pe... (May '10) May '10 ADalton 1
News Celtics hold off Magic for 95-92 victory (May '10) May '10 money man 10
More from around the web