Off-Season Game Plan: Supersonics

May 13, 2007 Full story: TSN.ca

A tough season, in which their top two players missed a combined 49 games, resulted in the Seattle Supersonics winning just 31 games in 2006-2007, then clearing out the coach and general manager. via TSN.ca

Full Story
go_cougs

Poulsbo, WA

#1 Jun 8, 2007
Tough season for the Supes but next season looks promising. Kevin Durant will be a star, we just hired Sam Presti to be the GM,and we might be able to get a stadium deal done only 24 miles from downtown Seattle.I think that the next thing the Sonics should do is sign a new coach. I think that that guy should be former Assistant coach Dwayne Casey who was just fired by the Timberwolves. He would be a perfect fit becuase he knows the players and he loves the city. Next I think that they should continue talks with the Knicks about a possible sign and trade, Rashard Lewis for Nate Robinson, Jamal Crawford and David Lee. Then with the draft approaching we should try to work out a deal with a team that owns a draft pick somewhere between #12 and #16 so we can draft a young point guard like Acie Law or Javarris Crittenton. We have our two early second round picks and Luke Ridnour to use as trade bait. We could cut Danny Fortson and other expensive but little-used bench players to clear some cap so they can afford to make these moves. If all of these things go through we could have a line-up consisting of Ray Allen, Chris Wilcox, Kevin Durant, Earl Watson, Jamal Crawford, Acie Law/Javarris Crittenton, Nate Robinson, Nick Collison, David Lee, Johan Petro, Robert Swift, Damien Wilkens, Mo Sene, and Mikael Gelebale.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Luke Ridnour Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Timberwolves trade Burke to Jazz, get UCLA guar... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Brew In 1
Anderson Varejao Staying with Cavaliers? (Aug '12) Aug '12 Bewitched 3
Minnesota Timberwolves: Time to Trade Luke Ridnour (Jan '12) Jan '12 dfgb 3
More bad lottery luck for Minnesota Timberwolve... (May '11) May '11 Jonboy 31
Timberwolves can't pass on Duke's Kyrie Irving ... (Apr '11) Apr '11 andrew 40
Charley Walters: Minnesota Timberwolves Preside... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Jake 18
Grizzlies hand Kevin Love-less Timberwolves the... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Timberwoes 7
More from around the web