Timberwolves 122, Nuggets 108: Wolves...

Timberwolves 122, Nuggets 108: Wolves improve to 3-0 in exhibition games

There are 11 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 12, 2010, titled Timberwolves 122, Nuggets 108: Wolves improve to 3-0 in exhibition games. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

RECAP: Michael Beasley led six Timberwolves players in double figures with 21 points as the Wolves improved to 3-0 in exhibition games.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Luke

Chapel Hill, Australia

#1 Oct 12, 2010
"Ridnour finished with a game-high six assists." - Bassy might take offense to that comment...
Wolvesfan

Rochester, MN

#3 Oct 13, 2010
Testing the link - had a problem before.
Wolvesfan

Rochester, MN

#4 Oct 13, 2010
For the first time in two years, I watched a game from start to finish - didn't turn off the game in disgust when them collapsed in the 4th quarter, didn't feel like falling asleep or reading a book. Seems like a good personal indicator that this team has something the previous ones didn't. They play fast and loose with a lot of turnovers, but that is a sign of a team that is young and hasn't had a lot of playing time together. That will be fixed with time and practice. Another good sign is the fact that they didn't give the game back to the other team in the 4th quarter. Last year I knew that no matter how well we started a game, we'd give it away at the end. Drove me nuts! They didn't take their foot of the gas until the end of the game last night. They are a breath of fresh air at Target Center

What I enjoyed most of all was seeing the smiles on their faces and the faces of their coaches. That also is a welcome change. Go Timberpups!
Oh Snap

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Oct 13, 2010
THIS IS OUR YEAR!!! hahahahahaha
Cooperation

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Oct 13, 2010
Does anyone think they're allowing the Wolves to win some meaningless games so as to boost the struggling club? If so, it's really heartening to see.::sniff::
c-man

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Oct 13, 2010
This is pre-season people. Teams and beat writers will use this to sell tickets. Once the season starts, and opponents play their starters for any length of time, the old wolves will reappear.
madness

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Oct 13, 2010
Nice performance and some good athleticism on display for the T-puppies last night. They seemed a little too in love with the jumper, however. Had they been shooting cold, they would have been up the proverbial creek. Rambis better get the ball down low more and get some people cutting so they don't live and die by the jumper yet again this season.
Jared

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Oct 13, 2010
I think the whole point is everybody knows its pre-season, but the talent upgrade this team has had is extreamly evident.

Nobody is going to say they are going to make the playoffs, but the OKC Thunder went from a 20 win team to a 50 win team in one season.

The talent that Kahn has put on this team fits much better into what Rambis wants to do, then what they had last year.

Just watch a game, the overall roster upgrade is there.
Wolvesfan

Rochester, MN

#11 Oct 13, 2010
OUr 2nd and 3rd string didn't look to bad last night.
Wolvesfan

Rochester, MN

#12 Oct 13, 2010
Also - I don't think the Lakers, Knicks or Nuggets are so benevolently minded that they got together and said, "Let's let the Timberwolves win a few games this preseason so they can feel good about themselves." This is the NBA we're talking about here - not the Boy's and Girl's Club!
idea

Duluth, MN

#13 Oct 13, 2010
Wolvesfan wrote:
Also - I don't think the Lakers, Knicks or Nuggets are so benevolently minded that they got together and said, "Let's let the Timberwolves win a few games this preseason so they can feel good about themselves." This is the NBA we're talking about here - not the Boy's and Girl's Club!
I don't think they cared just like the nfl starters dont care for the first 2 pre-season games

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Luke Ridnour Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Timberwolves trade Burke to Jazz, get UCLA guar... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Brew In 1
News Anderson Varejao Staying with Cavaliers? (Aug '12) Aug '12 Bewitched 3
News Minnesota Timberwolves: Time to Trade Luke Ridnour (Jan '12) Jan '12 dfgb 3
News More bad lottery luck for Minnesota Timberwolve... (May '11) May '11 Jonboy 31
News Timberwolves can't pass on Duke's Kyrie Irving ... (Apr '11) Apr '11 andrew 40
News Charley Walters: Minnesota Timberwolves Preside... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Jake 18
News Grizzlies hand Kevin Love-less Timberwolves the... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Timberwoes 7
More from around the web