Lakers' Fisher is no factor in return

Lakers' Fisher is no factor in return

There are 15 comments on the LA Daily News story from May 11, 2009, titled Lakers' Fisher is no factor in return. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Derek Fisher's return to the active roster was a forgettable one. After serving a one-game suspension for knocking down Luis Scola of the Houston Rockets in Game 2, Fisher scored only two points on 1-for-4 shooting in a little less than 20 minutes during the Lakers' 99-87 loss in Game 4 on Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

apujac

San Marcos, TX

#1 May 11, 2009
fisher wore a headband as if he were one of the three ninjas. what was that suppose to do in defending his man? i say get rid of him and break in one of those young guards.
Larry Fig

Soyapango, El Salvador

#2 May 11, 2009
Phil Jackson finally gave me the reason, he isnĀ“t a good coack, maybe a trainer. He can't move his players. I have been a Lakers's fan all my life, but this is very disappointed. What a shame!!!!!
Derek Fisher can't guard anybody and Gasol is the weakest player I have ever seen.
KBH

Arlington, TX

#3 May 11, 2009
Simply a pathetic effort. No intensity or heart. Kobe doesn't guard his man at all. Instead hoping he's going to miss. These Lakers are soft on the defensive end. The other team gets to the rim repeatedly. Piss poor!!!! They have to bring defensive intensity. Why won't people comment on this. It's horrific play. I'm a defensive minded person. Defense wins CHAMPIONSHIPS PEOPLE OFFENSE COMES AND GOES BUT THE "D" SHOULD ALWAYS BE SOLID!!!!!!!!!! WAKE UP LA!!!!!!! SCREAMING IN ARLINGTON TEXAS PEACE OUT
apujac

Florence, TX

#4 May 11, 2009
how can fisher come out stronger than what he is. he's a slow over the hill guy. bench the guy and put brown in or any other guard
Emanuel from TX

Fort Worth, TX

#5 May 11, 2009
If you can, please delever this message to the LAKER management. If I were the management I will fire first the couch and its staff, then keep Kobe, Andrew, Gasol, ariza and a traded guard and then fire the rest of the players after Sundays shame. This team do not deserve to win and even to play basketball.
JefD

Richmond, VA

#6 May 11, 2009
I have never seen a team lay down and take it like the Lakers did yesterday. Fisher, Odom, Walton, Bynum, Powell and Vujacic all looked like they've never played the game before and gave no effort at all. I, personally, would be disgusted with myself and embarrassed if I ever played a game like that. And I don't even get paid millions to do it. The lack of effort alone speaks volumes to the character, or lack thereof, of these players.
JefD

Richmond, VA

#7 May 11, 2009
I would also like to point out that the "Zen Master" failed to put in a line-up that would have atleast slowed the bleeding. Farmar, Ariza, Kobe, Pau and Brown. These are the guys that have the speed and size and put forth the effort to limit or negate a lot of the match-ups that were exploited by the Rockets yesterday and they were never on the floor at the same time. Instead it was Walton throwing the ball away and getting beat constantly. Odom running over defenders and sending them to the line. Bynum (AKA Soft Serve)...a non-factor throughout the playoffs. Fisher getting blown by time and again by Brooks..and every other PG. Vujacic hoisting up threes..and missing..again... And Powell... Who might have 4 points total since the beginning of the playoffs and can't defend ..anyone. I think Mbenga would have been a better choice than Odom or Bynum. he may not be the scoring threat, but he would atleast give you the effort and fight for rebounds. If nothing else send a physical message to Brooks and Lowery.
JefD

Richmond, VA

#8 May 11, 2009
D E F E N S E ..That spells defense. Maybe the Lakers should try it sometime. Not for just a couple of minutes, perhaps for a whole season... or atleast for the remainder of the post season.

And that round metal thing.. the point is to throw the ball through it, not clank it off the side of it when you go to do a free throw. Maybe you could try that too. I know you only get paid a few million a year but maybe, just maybe you could throw those in as freebies..
Wondering Joe the Plumber

Vacaville, CA

#9 May 11, 2009
This whole thing line up issue is stupid as the coaching staff - first you know what the Fisher-less team did on Game 3 - they won without too much controversy - compare that to Games 1 and 2 when they did have a little - work with what works. Fisher is outplayed by Brooks on all the series thus far - why start him? It was a very BIG question when he got suspended, but did the end result of Game 3 show they missed Fisher - HELL NO! Bottom Line - the Lakers are actually a bunch of Primadonas - blue-worker attitude and a lot of heart is what's going to win this series "from start to finish" - you hear that, Lakers??????? BETCHA!
whitekobe

Buffalo, NY

#10 May 11, 2009
they need to start jordan farmar if they want to slow down the rockets quick guards and get past this series...how disappointing
Tsegahun Cherie

Tucker, GA

#11 May 11, 2009
Derek Fisher need to start from the bench
he need to be agressive and fast. Most point gurd in the NBA contribute more than him.
David Miller

Irvine, CA

#12 May 11, 2009
Derek is a nice guy but he had a poor performance throughout these series. Farmar should be in the starting line up if the Lakers wants to have a chance.

It appears that besides Kobe, Gasol and Bynum have also been having poor performance.....

The Lakers appears tired without a sense of mission to win the championship! They played game 4 as if they did not care. Its a shame! Kobe cannot do it himself!
TTC

Tucker, GA

#13 May 11, 2009
if the coach knows that the Lakers need speed, Derek Fiher need to start from the bench.
P T LAKER

Los Angeles, CA

#14 May 11, 2009
Why Dr Buss paid $10 milion for poor coaching, game #3 no Fisher no probem he is too old to match Brook why not S.Brown start , Phil have mistaken not use Bynum
Phil need to retire
michael

United States

#15 May 12, 2009
Lakers are not going to win a championship this year,the team is a joke as well as poor coaching staff,especially Luke Walton and fisher is the worst nba player,my grandma can beat them one on one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Luis Scola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FIBA Americas Live Streaming Day 5 - Mexico vs.... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jhon 1
News How Houston Rockets Should Rebuild Roster Aroun... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 21
News Suns win bidding for forward Luis Scola Jul 15,... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 1
News NBA: Houston Rockets release Luis Scola (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 3
News Report: Rockets Will Amnesty Scola (Jul '12) Jul '12 The_Solution 1
News 3 Potential Sleepers to Keep an Eye on During 2... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Losttruth 1
News Chris Paul Trade: Grading the Deal for LA Laker... (Dec '11) Dec '11 EriktheRed 1
More from around the web