Pacers having hard time at home

At some point over the next two months, when they're fighting for a playoff spot to avoid one of the top teams in the Eastern Conference, the Indiana Pacers may look back at the week of Feb. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dadmoose

United States

#1 Feb 11, 2007
Bird needs to clean house, Get some players that wants to PLAY BALL not ones who want to Party and FIGHT. THE Colts gave Indiana a good name Pacers given us a bad name
Bob R

United States

#2 Feb 11, 2007
I refuse to pay high prices for NBA tickets to watch a bunch of overpaid street thugs and punks. This is not just a Pacer problem, but it is creeping into all pro sports. What in the world are our kids thinking about when they view this outrageous violence, on the playing field and out in public? What a shame!
Dumpster

AOL

#3 Feb 11, 2007
The top organizational leadership needs to step aside. They are not good judges of human potential. Choose players with good character and and real bb talent--not thuggery and back-alley floor tactics. When games are over the players should get a good meal, review their work, and go home, not to a strip club. Rest and preparation for the next game are crucial to winning. Also put the guns away in a lock-box! They take lives.

“Butler Wins”

Since: Jan 07

Plainfield

#4 Feb 11, 2007
dadmoose wrote:
Bird needs to clean house, Get some players that wants to PLAY BALL not ones who want to Party and FIGHT. THE Colts gave Indiana a good name Pacers given us a bad name
I disagree. The Simons need to clean house. I've always respected how they have let their executives do the job of running the team, but it's time for the Simons to step in and make changes starting at the top.
Bird and Walsh have saddled this team with poor talent and big contracts. It will take time, patients and a concertrated effort by an experienced staff to change this team. The current leadership has shown they are incapable of making things right.
Come on Simons. Please clean house. I really want to root for my Pacers again.
BradinIndy

Milton, IN

#5 Feb 11, 2007
You can not just fire people in the NBA. You can not wipe out contracts like that. I'm sick if these idiot fans yelling for everyone's head because of two players (I'm not counting McCoud. Poor guy got stuck in the wrong croud right after getting traded here). Other than Tinsley and Daniels, what other players do you fake Pacers fans hate? Donnie shipped Jack (which most thought impossible) and now the fake Pacers fans are back asking to Fire Donnie and Bird again...

We can all agree to want to get rid of Tinsley and Daniels, but STOP CALLING THE ENTIRE TEAM A BUNCH OF THUGS! That's entirely false. Then again, we're not talking about
"Pacers fans" who actually know or care about what the other players are like. They have the, "if one player is a thug, they're all thugs" mentality. Pathetic...
itsalldownhill

Lima, OH

#6 Feb 11, 2007
BradinIndy wrote:
You can not just fire people in the NBA. You can not wipe out contracts like that. I'm sick if these idiot fans yelling for everyone's head because of two players (I'm not counting McCoud. Poor guy got stuck in the wrong croud right after getting traded here). Other than Tinsley and Daniels, what other players do you fake Pacers fans hate? Donnie shipped Jack (which most thought impossible) and now the fake Pacers fans are back asking to Fire Donnie and Bird again...
We can all agree to want to get rid of Tinsley and Daniels, but STOP CALLING THE ENTIRE TEAM A BUNCH OF THUGS! That's entirely false. Then again, we're not talking about
"Pacers fans" who actually know or care about what the other players are like. They have the, "if one player is a thug, they're all thugs" mentality. Pathetic...
thankyou.
dwade king

United States

#7 Feb 11, 2007
the pacers geting rid of al harrington that killed em! now they should get rid of everyone but o'neal have tis season to rebuild throw a couple of games and try to get olando tucker or aice law there not geting in the playoffs and there not going to get durant or oden.maye even tyler hansbrough if hes avalible. they need to be 3rd pick to get olando.
Who Cares

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Feb 11, 2007
If they are having a hard time at home, FIND THEM A NEW HOME!!!!...give em to Baltimore...we owe them one!
Changes

United States

#9 Feb 11, 2007
BradinIndy wrote:
I absolutely agree with some of what you are saying. Guys like Granger, Foster, Murphy. They have nothing to do with this. J.O. is a role model for anyone who's made a bad decision. Look at how he's conducted himself since the brawl. Tinsley and Daniels are definately a problem, but as was the case with Jackson, sometimes you have to give up more than you want to to get rid of untradable players. Harrington is gone because no team would take Jackson for nothing. I do think Walsh and Bird have made some terrible decisions lately. The James White situation was absurd. You trade up and give a player a guarenteed contract and then cut him. It makes you look ignorant. I also beleive they are bringing in players that don't match the style of the coach. Carlisle's system is not an up and down system, yet they are bringing in players that don't fit that. No one on this team can hit a jump shot from further than 10 feet out. I think the fans need to lay off of the other players and continue to support both franchises in this city. Beleive it or not, we can root for both teams. That said, I do feel some changes need to be made up top with the Pacers. Whether the fans are right or wrong doesn't matter at this point. The bottom line is, the seats are getting more and more empty and that's a problem. People can accept a lottery team, but this good enough to make the playoffs, but not good enough to win thing isn't good. You always end up with the 18 or 19 pick below the franchise-changing talent and not good enough to win anything. I think we should lay off the other players, but I do see a need for changes not only with Bird and Walsh, but possilby with Carlise as well.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#10 Feb 11, 2007
What's done is done. What the guys need to do is come together as a team and spend time going over game plans. Nothing cures ills like winning! They just have a little deper hole to climb out of.

Go Pacers!
Ben Dover

New York, NY

#11 Feb 11, 2007
I think the Pacers have Oden Fever.
Glock 22

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Feb 11, 2007
all night at the bars, who wants to show up to work with a hang over.
Doc Holliday

United States

#13 Feb 11, 2007
Does anyone really care anymore? I know I don't and haven't for some time.
Glock 22

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Feb 11, 2007
Who Cares wrote:
If they are having a hard time at home, FIND THEM A NEW HOME!!!!...give em to Baltimore...we owe them one!
thank you
BILL FROM CARMEL

Lindon, UT

#15 Feb 11, 2007
THANK YOU CARLISLE, YOU ARE A FINE EXAMPLE. A GOOD HOUSE CLEANING IS IN ORDER. THE DENVER GAME WAS A DISASTER. I AM A SEASON TICKET HOLDER OF 25 YEARS WITH EXCELLENT SEATS AND THE CROWD WAS THE BEST IN SIZE THIS SEASON. MOST WERE THERE TO SEE C. ANTHONY NOT THE PACERS, EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE FROM INDY. IT IS CERTAINLY NOT HARD FOR WALSH, BIRD, AND CARLISLE TO KNOW HOW THE PUBLIC IS FEELING. THERE IS NO WAY THEY CANNOT FEEL THE UNREST IN CONSECO. CARLISLE HAS EVEN RECEIVED BOOS OF LATE AS WELL AS SEVERAL PLAYERS.

“Butler Wins”

Since: Jan 07

Plainfield

#17 Feb 11, 2007
BradinIndy wrote:
Why am I a fake Pacer fan? Because I voice my opinion? Because I don't just throw my dollars at a bad product? Because I verbally call Pacer management on the carpet for this multi-year downward spiral?
I never have used the word thug. I don't think they are thugs. I do think some of them use bad judgement though. I also think this team has been built around a player who doesn't know how to lead. And, as a result of the Jackson trade, I think the Pacers have locked themselves into some long, bad contracts that will tie their hands for the next three years.
I would agree that people who scream for the Pacers to get rid of all these players are ignorant of how the NBA works, but as a life long fan I understand their frustration. I can't cheer for this team anymore. If, in your eyes that makes me something other than a fan, so be it.
I'd just tell you that a fan who throw his/her dollars after a team no matter what managemant does with it is not a fan, but a sucker. As a fan I'm voicing my opinion and casting my vote by spending my money elsewhere until a change is made.
woody hughes

United States

#16 Feb 11, 2007
i have been a pacer fan for years andsincereggey has not played what happen/????????
not welcome at home

United States

#18 Feb 11, 2007
Maybe the reason is the home town folks are sick of the thug images...keep out of the strip clubs, the crack dens and the dives and act like you have a job to do...the truth of the matter is the Pacers have lost this city and the city could care less....let them move...if anybody wants a bunch of lawbreaking immoral lazy losers.
Ted Alexander

AOL

#19 Feb 11, 2007
To: Simon Brothers
It is time for some new blood, some fresh b-ball thinkers, bring in Mark Jackson to coach the Pacers, and Greg Anthony in the front office.
Let them build a respectable winning team.
Send those other guys packing. And Simon Brothers you need to make that move, like right now!

Ted Alexander Evansville IN
Pacer Ticket Cheap

New Albany, IN

#20 Feb 11, 2007
I like that "harms way" comment. If anyone knows about harms way, it's the Pitiful Pacers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Linas Kleiza Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bryan Colangelo Press Conference Live Blog (Apr '11) Apr '11 Ginny Badduke 1
Timberwolves enjoy a rare laugher at the expens... (Jan '11) Feb '11 LargeBabyDavis 24
Paige: J.R.'s rule - Best things come in 3s (Oct '09) Oct '09 Rider 1
Billups, Smith and Kleiza score 21 apiece, Nugg... (Jan '09) Jan '09 mydrick taylor 1
Harrington out of starting lineup as losses mount (Dec '08) Dec '08 Drew Brown Bundini 2
NUGGETS: Denver hopes to win one in L.A. (Apr '08) May '08 rrenault 2
Lakers have a riddle on their hands (Apr '08) Apr '08 Andy Trilling 3
More from around the web