Five Things to Watch: Grizzlies vs. S...

Five Things to Watch: Grizzlies vs. Suns - Jan. 15, 2007

There are 1 comment on the story from Jan 15, 2007, titled Five Things to Watch: Grizzlies vs. Suns - Jan. 15, 2007. In it, reports that:

They were outscored 111-66, a margin of 45 points and shot just 30.4% from the field and 1-7 from three-point range.

Join the discussion below, or

Maxine Kuykendall

Peoria, AZ

#1 Jan 20, 2007
Amare is a great asset to the Suns. He can rebound (when he is motivated),can score if he can hit from about 13 feet, but he needs to learn how to go up and lay the ball into the basket, instead of thinking each goal has to be a One Handed Dunk, that sometimes he makes and other time he misses. Without picks and rolls being set for Amare, it scares me what if anything he can do on Offense, very rarely does he ever come up with the offense rebound and be able to convert it to a goal. Too much dunking efforts and not enough smart scoring, and too much allowing the other team for a second chance to grab the offense rebound and then Amare just stands there and allows them to put it back into the goal on the defense end. Cannot win the NBA unless Amare does more on the boards. Nash will get him the ball for the first effort, Amare just has to make the extra effort to gently place the ball against the backboard to score and to fight for his own rebound. He would be a great power house if he worked on second shots. Again a great guy, but needs help with going for the second chance to score. Also, always go for the defensive rebound and be able to throw it out. He loses too many balls by trying to bounce the ball under the basket with a lot of traffic. He cannot take the ball down low, he loses it everytime. Too much show and not enough results under both baskets. He has got to be the one to work at always making sure his shot goes in under the basket, he has the power and can make the leap, but should not always think he has to dunk to score. I hope someone can help Amare see this error and correct it, we need him to rebound and make second shots to win the nba.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leandro Barbosa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nene expected to lead Brazil in Olympics (May '12) May '12 Banker Red Dawn I... 1
News Bryant has 20 points, Lakers beat Raptors 120-110 (Dec '10) Dec '10 Sammy 1
News Clippers get pushed aside (Feb '09) Aug '10 esop 6
News Suns complete deal to get Turkoglu (Jul '10) Jul '10 Brew In 1
News BONSIGNORE: Phoenix's 3-for-all attitude puts L... (May '10) May '10 TheGift 8
News Dragic, Suns put Spurs on brink of elimination (May '10) May '10 Spurs Fan 2
News Season over for Blazers, lose to Suns 99-90 (Apr '10) Apr '10 triple6vamp 1
More from around the web