Suns defeat Magic for 2nd time, 110-106

Suns defeat Magic for 2nd time, 110-106

There are 74 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Nov 30, 2007, titled Suns defeat Magic for 2nd time, 110-106. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Raja Bell had a season-high 20 points to pace the Suns to a 110-106 victory on Friday night over the Orlando Magic, the NBA's winningest team.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Charles Barkley

Palm Bay, FL

#64 Dec 1, 2007
The Suns got about as good a chance of beating the Spurs in the playoffs as i got at being a male stripper.
Yall got to call it like it is. The Suns don't play no defense. Their defense is tirbull. It horrenduss Ernie.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#65 Dec 1, 2007
what the wrote:
What was nelson's problem in the locker room after the game all about??
Dunno, I was curious about that, but I've not seen anything else about it. If it's not going to be released, then we'll just respect his privacy.
dee

El Paso, TX

#66 Dec 1, 2007
Colombiano wrote:
Let's hand this loss out to SVG and here is why. He gave Lewis the ball to shoot a 3 to win the game and Lewis has been in Alaska this past couple of games. It's unfortunate that he got hit on the elbow, but I would have rather seen Hedo or Redick taking that shoot. I was happy with the fact the we went for the 3, but for god sake, Lewis has been cold. I am very disappointed at Lewis. He makes way too much money to have so many bad games, but I'm gonna try to stay positive and hope that is a good thing that is happening early in the season and not late.
I hope he shows up against the Lakers.
Two more things about our team. Carlos Arroyo did not shoot the ball well, but played much better than Nelson. Redick is also earning more playing time.
Why did we bring Cook for??? SVG is not playing him.
look even svg said that wasn't the shot he wanted. reddick was ok he did have a few moments. id agree with the arroyyo comment he did play better than nelson who we seem to waste money on and decided to name him a capt. bogans was eehh. howard was a beast. Hedo did pretty well as well. we just couldnt sink them plus if actually saw the game some of those calls were one sided. including when lewis took that last shot marion did foul him.

“Longtime Magic Fan”

Since: Jun 07

Orlando

#67 Dec 1, 2007
I think it is significant that coach said we were the most talented team on the floor last night. When we play with energy on offense and defense for the whole game, not many teams are going to be able to hang with the Magic. Coach knows this and is preparing the team to play mentally tough every game to prepare for the playoffs. As I see it, this is his main job. The challenge is to motivate them to believe in themselves as a team and to play with more energy than the opposition, no matter who it is.

I agree that SVG will be named Coach of the Month. Already we can see huge progress from the first weeks of the season. I think the Magic would take Detroit handily now. Too bad it's a long wait for the rematch. And even though we lost the rematch to the Suns, the Magic made a game of it despite a terrible first quarter. As coach said, we've got the talent to hang with them and are starting to put it to use.

The Lakers and Warriors games will be good tests to see if the Magic continue to learn from and be inspired by their coach. I'm confident. Go Magic!
question

Austin, TX

#68 Dec 1, 2007
Boston had a 38 point lead was cut to 7 - heat missed 4 shots in a row lost by ten seems someone else has a problem finishing teams off
JLS34 wrote:
The refs were on the side of the suns huh? Here I thought it was just a dominant team beating an inferior team. My fault. Don't worry Magic fans, your done with the Suns for the year. Because while the Suns will march to the Finals, you guys will get bounced by Boston or a lesser team more than likely. Enjoy beating sub-five hundred teams though !
tjizzle

Palm Bay, FL

#69 Dec 1, 2007
stoudemire is a puss.. that flop was outrageous. the refs definitley favored the suns. every charge and block went against the magic... the funny thing is we still should have won the game..and for JLS34 from arizona if i remember correctly we beat boston.. that little canadian girl you guys got at point guard aint taking you no where cuz hopefully robert horry knocks his p*ssy azz out this time before the playoffs even start
what the

Olla, LA

#70 Dec 1, 2007
tjizzle wrote:
stoudemire is a puss.. that flop was outrageous. the refs definitley favored the suns. every charge and block went against the magic... the funny thing is we still should have won the game..and for JLS34 from arizona if i remember correctly we beat boston.. that little canadian girl you guys got at point guard aint taking you no where cuz hopefully robert horry knocks his p*ssy azz out this time before the playoffs even start
Hey buddy you about outa drugs??
Chad

Philippines

#71 Dec 1, 2007
I totally agree with luke. Nelson being the starting pg will make it harder for us to get that trophy. His good but too erratic. Howard might be too dominant for that to matter though.. His starting to get in that category of "franchise changing players" list. where only the elite players belong like MJ, Shaq in recent memory. The only thing he lacks is his free throw shooting. He will get fouled a lot.
Joe

Santa Rosa, CA

#72 Dec 1, 2007
It pi##es me off that someone would intentionally try and hurt Nelson at a personal level. He is a human being with feelings. He has undergone a recent traumatic experience. Get off him. Now as far as basketball goes, well he is a professional athlete and criticism of his game is fair play. As a human being remember to treat him with the same respect that you would like to be be accorded. What goes around.......!!!
Joe

Santa Rosa, CA

#73 Dec 1, 2007
Never mind

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#74 Dec 2, 2007
Chad wrote:
I totally agree with luke. Nelson being the starting pg will make it harder for us to get that trophy. His good but too erratic. Howard might be too dominant for that to matter though.. His starting to get in that category of "franchise changing players" list. where only the elite players belong like MJ, Shaq in recent memory. The only thing he lacks is his free throw shooting. He will get fouled a lot.
BJ Armstrong, Steve Kerr, John Paxson, Ron Harper. Those 4 got most of the PG minutes on the Bulls teams that won 4 titles in the 90s. IMO, the combo of Nelson and Arroyo is superior to any pair you could pick out of those 4. I keep saying this - if the SYSTEM is right, then the lack of a pure PG does not hurt a team. Look at Dallas - no pure PG, but 60+ wins last year. San Antonio won it all with Tony Parker at pg, a guy who is a far better scorer than distributor. Orlando is now using a system that doesn't require Nelson and Arroyo to dominate the distribution, and it has worked so far. Give it time.
Jackson

Henderson, NV

#75 Dec 2, 2007
Mitchell UK wrote:
<quoted text>
JJ Redick can't play the point because a) he isn't capable of creating for others, and b) He isn't quick enough. He also is in no way tall or athletic enough to play the 3. So that confines him solely to the role of shooting guard.
At the 2, Orlando has:
Keyon Dooling - Nowhere near the shooter Redick is, but a vastly superior defender, and a much better slasher.
Keith Bogans - again, whilst not the shooter Redick is, he is dangerous enough, shooting .370 from 3-point range. His defense, rebounding and general all around game are way more developed that Redick's, with the added bonus of a little more height and far more athleticism.
Maurice Evans - pretty much 'see above'. A very similar player to Bogans. And a better all-around option than Redick.
You also need to factor in that Redick's greatest weapon is his shooting. His defense, whilst not faulting his effort, is poor. As a shooter, there seems to be little point in playing him lots of minutes when the majority of the shots are going elsewhere, i.e Lewis, Turkoglu and Howard. Those three have combined to take more than half of Orlando's field goal attempts this year. Why have Redick out there if he is rarely going to get looks, and risks being a major liability on defense? Give the extra time to Evans and Dooling and allow them to get more settled and in a better rhythm.
Very well put, Redick only gets attention because of his performance in college, where though a great shooter he had help on the team and thanks to media bias a lot of hype. All the hype is now showing
Nico 7

Mayaguez, Puerto Rico

#76 Dec 2, 2007
SVG I believe that it can give to Arroyo the opportunity to initiate tonight. 14 assists the other days and against the Suns did 6 without no TO, I believe that is deserved it. If we compared the time of game of Nelson and Arroyo, I believe that the numbers say everything; Arroyo does the same in less time of game. It knows to distribute the game and it knows to find to his teammates. The fans want to see a team that wins and that shines well before all. My 5 starters are 5 D. Howard, 4 H. TurKoglu 3 R. Lewis, 2 K. Bogans and 1. C. Arroyo. To J.J Redick they could give more time him of game so that it acquires confidence, we know that it has a good shot of distance and to Dooling to put it next to Arroyo they create a headache to the other teams, they make a good pair, its game is fast and create plays of benefit for team. I believe that this suggestion is good. SVG in the life is necessary to try the things to know if results render to us. God blesses you! If the things continue as they go that you will be the Coach of the year. We know that they signed Nelson by enough money but the question is who make the work in less time? The fans wants to see the team win and to shine well, if Arroyo makes shine better to the team, finds his teammates and makes assists I believe that the answer is, use it.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#77 Dec 2, 2007
Nico 7 wrote:
SVG I believe that it can give to Arroyo the opportunity to initiate tonight. 14 assists the other days and against the Suns did 6 without no TO, I believe that is deserved it. If we compared the time of game of Nelson and Arroyo, I believe that the numbers say everything; Arroyo does the same in less time of game. It knows to distribute the game and it knows to find to his teammates. The fans want to see a team that wins and that shines well before all. My 5 starters are 5 D. Howard, 4 H. TurKoglu 3 R. Lewis, 2 K. Bogans and 1. C. Arroyo. To J.J Redick they could give more time him of game so that it acquires confidence, we know that it has a good shot of distance and to Dooling to put it next to Arroyo they create a headache to the other teams, they make a good pair, its game is fast and create plays of benefit for team. I believe that this suggestion is good. SVG in the life is necessary to try the things to know if results render to us. God blesses you! If the things continue as they go that you will be the Coach of the year. We know that they signed Nelson by enough money but the question is who make the work in less time? The fans wants to see the team win and to shine well, if Arroyo makes shine better to the team, finds his teammates and makes assists I believe that the answer is, use it.
You can't base that kind of decision on two games - yes, Arroyo is playing well, but through the first 16 games of the year, Nelson was better. If Carlos continues to play at this level, and Nelson slumps, then it is worth considering, but just because Arroyo had games of 14 and 6 assists, does not mean he should be inserted into the starting line up. For a start, you don't know what it will do to his rhythm - he is playing well off the bench, so why change that for now? By all means give him the minutes as he performs well, but altering the rotation on the basis of two games makes zero sense.

Also - your statement about Arroyo contributing more in less time is false. Compare the assists per 48 minutes of Nelson and Arroyo and the results are almost identical. Credit to Arroyo that he has taken care of the ball better, but on the flip side Nelson is shooting and rebounding better. So both have made valuable contributions this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leandro Barbosa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nene expected to lead Brazil in Olympics (May '12) May '12 Banker Red Dawn I... 1
News Bryant has 20 points, Lakers beat Raptors 120-110 (Dec '10) Dec '10 Sammy 1
News Clippers get pushed aside (Feb '09) Aug '10 esop 6
News Suns complete deal to get Turkoglu (Jul '10) Jul '10 Brew In 1
News BONSIGNORE: Phoenix's 3-for-all attitude puts L... (May '10) May '10 TheGift 8
News Dragic, Suns put Spurs on brink of elimination (May '10) May '10 Spurs Fan 2
News Season over for Blazers, lose to Suns 99-90 (Apr '10) Apr '10 triple6vamp 1
More from around the web