Mourning is much more than just a number

In saluting a milestone like tonight's retirement of Alonzo Mourning 's No. 33, it's normal to frame the achievement with statistics. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John from Davie

Miami, FL

#1 Mar 30, 2009
Alonzo, Thanks for everything..........

The heat memories are great. Some of course were miserable, some very funny -(Van Gundy clutching to you leg) and some scarey (the kidney). You holding that trophy after kidney surgery was the best.

Can't wait for more great memories..... the ones where you are helping change peoples lives.

Enjoy your night Zo!!! You are a classy guy
Moldy

Ocala, FL

#2 Mar 30, 2009
Thanks Zo!
Right Winged Whacko

Pompano Beach, FL

#3 Mar 30, 2009
Thank you Alonzo for the good memories through the years. Especially the great battles with the Knicks. Jeff VanGundy handing on your leg! The Championship and all.... You are truly 1st class.
Bacardi Dark

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Mar 30, 2009
Thanks Zo 4 everything you have done 4 our City.
BeGeezus

Rhinecliff, NY

#5 Mar 30, 2009
Well done Alonzo. Thanks for the memories, and establishing a level of class and dignity for the franchise for years to come.
Ricardo

Hollywood, FL

#6 Mar 30, 2009
Thanks Alonzo for everything that you have done for the community and the team. You have always been a true team player and always gave your best on everything you did. I look up to you as an example of what you can accomplish when you set your mind to anything. You let nothing get in your way and everything made you a stronger and better human being. I will be there tonight at halftime to give you your well deserve standing ovation during your retirement ceremony. The best of luck on life.
Defender

Atlanta, GA

#7 Mar 30, 2009
They need the Lord Jesus Christ because only he can make a difference. What good is all that education if their souls are going to spend all eternity in the Lake of Fire? All your good works mean nothing in the light of the Salvation that only Jesus Christ can give you.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1102/1102...
Buster Posey is the man

Altamonte Springs, FL

#8 Mar 30, 2009
Great article Dave. Man, I wish I could go to the game tonight.
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#9 Mar 30, 2009
zo is a true warrior
GaryGuillermo

Tucson, AZ

#10 Mar 30, 2009
The guy made a ton of money . . . it's nice to see he gave something back too.
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#11 Mar 30, 2009
a warrior never forgets where he comes from
Teddy DuChamp

United States

#12 Mar 30, 2009
Thanks for the memories even though you got dunked on alot, owned by Rodman, and was very conceded (remember the I got 10 cars comments!!!); yet, we all forgive you and thanks for helping being a championship to Miami,oops that was Wade and Shaq..your azz was on the bench smelling pine sol....matter of fact good rittens...you wer eonly good against sorry expnsion teams and bad record bummish teams, you never shined against the elite...your still a classy guy though...all the best!
GoHeat

Grand Rapids, MI

#13 Mar 30, 2009
Teddy DuChamp wrote:
Thanks for the memories even though you got dunked on alot, owned by Rodman, and was very conceded (remember the I got 10 cars comments!!!); yet, we all forgive you and thanks for helping being a championship to Miami,oops that was Wade and Shaq..your **** was on the bench smelling pine sol....matter of fact good rittens...you wer eonly good against sorry expnsion teams and bad record bummish teams, you never shined against the elite...your still a classy guy though...all the best!
Hey, at least Zo is educated. Considering your pathetically-worded and spelled post, it's clear you aren't educated. Your illegible slop is a pathetic reminder of failure.
cnich

United States

#18 Mar 30, 2009
The True Heat Warrior that's how I'll remember Zo for.
He wasn't the most polished offensive centers in the league but he left everything out on the court every game. the battles with the knicks will go down as NBA classics. To see him dominate in the 4th qrt of game 6 of the finals will always be etched in my mind. thanks Zo you deserve everthing that happens tonight congrats.

“Beyond all comprehension”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon

#19 Mar 30, 2009
Zo has given Heat fans a lot .
Thanks Alonzo Mourning , and thanks for what you've given back .
I am a fan for life .
seminole student

Tallahassee, FL

#20 Mar 30, 2009
Favorite Basketball Player of all time. Thanks Zo
Steve

Washington, DC

#21 Mar 30, 2009
Good luck Alonzo! I look forward to reading about your future good works. I'm sure that there are plenty more to come.
Mourning HERO

Fairport, NY

#22 Mar 30, 2009
This man does what so many chumps like Chris Brown fail to do: Give back to the community, rebuild lives, and remain fully accountable:

Mourning is a hero in my book! Truly, instead of the idiot gangsta rappers who solicit cheap sex, exploit women sexually, illegal use of guns, fights, profanity, Why not minorities use a real man and hero who continually proves what a role model is: Mourning! To be the man, you got to beat the man, and no one can do it!
Mourning HERO

Fairport, NY

#23 Mar 30, 2009
Teddy DuChamp wrote:
Thanks for the memories even though you got dunked on alot, owned by Rodman, and was very conceded (remember the I got 10 cars comments!!!); yet, we all forgive you and thanks for helping being a championship to Miami,oops that was Wade and Shaq..your **** was on the bench smelling pine sol....matter of fact good rittens...you wer eonly good against sorry expnsion teams and bad record bummish teams, you never shined against the elite...your still a classy guy though...all the best!
Dear Genius: Did you ever get passed the third grade? It is obvious you have a future in Burger King based on your poor grammar, writing skills, and spelling. By the way, what do you mean by" good rittens"? Is that some type of dog or gangsta food?
Who is this guy

Pompano Beach, FL

#24 Mar 30, 2009
Who is this guy and who cares?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Larry Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New York Knicks: 7 Worst Decisions in the James... (Mar '13) Mar '13 campo 1
Where Have You Been? Larry Johnson (Feb '08) May '08 Dawn 2
Trading David Lee for Kobe Bryant Straight-Up: ... (Aug '07) Aug '07 Mohammed Khaled 1
•••
•••

Larry Johnson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••