Heat fall to 0-3 on trip with loss in...

Heat fall to 0-3 on trip with loss in Portland

There are 37 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 6, 2007, titled Heat fall to 0-3 on trip with loss in Portland. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

At 0-3 on this six-game western swing, the Heat won't be coming home from a winning trip.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
D BOSTON

Mebane, NC

#26 Dec 7, 2007
Start cook!
Heat Fan

United States

#27 Dec 7, 2007
Pat Riley, needs to have a team mutiny poised against him. If I were a team member I would be on strike until he is gone. Signing a 35 year old aging center for a max contract and 3 more years to go!!! What an idiot. He gets the poison he made. The Heat will stink for another 5 years, might as well get used to it. Wade if youre smart you'll force a trade and join the Orlando Magic, there going to be Champs not for one year, but probably for a Decade!!! Go Magic!!!!!
nba analyst

Mansfield, OH

#28 Dec 7, 2007
JAY PEEK wrote:
what a joke, Shaq,making 20m!!! What do we get in return. When Shaq signed that big contract, he should consider the impact he has on the salary cap. Look at Tim Duncan, signing for less money because he wanted the team to be flexible in the salary cap which leaves room to sign free agents.
http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/miami .

htm
Yeah, but shaqfu only gets to keep half his money after the divorce. Duncan gets to keep all of his.
Dr Bob

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#29 Dec 7, 2007
When will Riley take a leave of absence due to an imaginary hip problem and let someone else take over to be blamed for this dismal season...
PLEASE HELP

Hollywood, FL

#30 Dec 7, 2007
Alan Ogg wrote:
After last night, I'm starting to think about the future.
BLOW THS TEAM UP.
Even Wade is expendable. Yeah, I said it. He's been back long enough from his surgery and though he is awesome in his own right, I just don't think he can (or wants to)carry this team anymore.
I'm so disgusted with this team that I'm actually open to a Wade trade. Of course Shaq, Riley, and scrubs would also have to go.
Think about this... 3 more years of Shaq at an inflated salary that prohibits bringing in any decent talent. Will Wade actually want to resign with this team when he becomes a free agent (after 2-3 more losing seasons). If this team is going to continue downt this path and if Shaq and Riley won't retire, then TRADE WADE and get somethig in return.
A few more games like last night and I'm also going to quit on this season (just like Shaq). Anybody watch hockey anymore?
You are crazy if you think trading D Wade is the right move to salvage this franchise. Riles needs to quit again and own up to the fact that he put this team togeather for a 2 year window that has already expired. Good luck finding any takers for the the "BIG SALARY" (his newest nickname since he cant really do anything else). Sad, sad year for South Folrida sports fans.
Old Gator

Hollywood, FL

#31 Dec 7, 2007
Has anyone considered that the Heat might be suffering from Dolphins envy?
kenny g

Gyeonggi-do, Korea

#32 Dec 7, 2007
I have never seen a team that has gone through so much problems and dissonance like heat has gone through the last few years Riley has been a coach. Only the Knicks can top them. I think Riley is done. he is still a good coach, but I think he has lost conifidence in himself as a coach since he is getting old. He seems to be going left and right with his old ways and trying to make transition to the new ways. I think he does not know what to do, whether to coach the way he has coached for all those years, a post up game, or to let the guys run. He seems to be going on whims, without firm confidence in a certain coaching philosophy. Not only that, he is interrupting the development of young players and also the consistency of a team by "re-pugging" old pieces with old pieces every year. That is why they suck in pre-seasons and continue to suck during the first part of year. They have to get used to the new bunch of "old guys" and try to figure out what is their best rotation. I think Riley is just lost as to what is the best basketball for this generation; what is the best basketball for this group of players; what this team really needs; what he needs to do to resolve all the problems and dig them out of the hole; whether he should continue to coach; whether he should quit altogether-stepping down as the president and the coach and ride off to the sunset; whether Wade should play the point to allow Cook to play the big guard spot to make this small team a little bigger; whether he should continue to be loyal to Haslem when he knows he is just an average hard working player who on most nights will be outplayed by the other team's power forward; whether giving a chance to Wright would make him look will provide an opportunity for Wright to prove him wrong; Whether Wade is all that he is made out to be since he is small for a shooting guard, can't buy a shot outside of 18 feet, and can't stay in front of a player to play defense, and turns the ball over so many times. I think Riley is just confused and team is in a funk with him. I think it is going to take a houdini to get out of this one. It was a bad, bad mistake to let kapono, Jones, and Posey go. He should have kept at least two out of three,....just for consistency sake, if not for anything else. And just add two solid players. Man, Posey and Jones were begging to stay. Wow, Riley. Shaq, Wade, Cook, Mourning, Davis are decent pieces. Haslem is serviceable...but there are plenty like him in NBA with better size. Hardaway? No comment. Wright? I bet he would have already develeoped into a great rebounding defending player in another team. I think he still will with another coach. Jason WIlliams. Let him go. Not a person to run a winning team. He will either run wild or go into a shell, and no defense at all. Blount, he would pprobably be serviceable in another team.
Mike

Panama City, FL

#33 Dec 7, 2007
Time to go Pat. You screwed this team up when you didn't Stan do it his way. We had the pieces. They all are playing good ball for other teams. Even Stan is taking care of business.
The Portland Trailblazers

Bronx, NY

#34 Dec 7, 2007
Miami Heat = Has Beens. Haa!!!
The Portland Trailblazers

Bronx, NY

#35 Dec 7, 2007
Maybe Riley should schedule Portland to open the season next year, since it is such a easy game huh?

That is...if you're not having your next hip surgery or some shits.
Drew

Newport Beach, CA

#36 Dec 7, 2007
Now you understand why the Lakers were willing to take anything for him just to ship him out of town. He's fat and lazy and very divisive to the psychology of the team. He sucks so badly now that at least he won't blame D-Wade for all of his problems like he did with Kobe. Enjoy Shaq you Heat fans. Personally when he left my Lakers I was glad to see him go.
Sweet Cheeks

Hollywood, FL

#37 Dec 7, 2007
Sweet Cheeks wrote:
I think Mickey Arison shares in the responsibility here. I'm sure he approved getting Shaq at $20 million and paying Wade another $15.
Mickey needs to open up the wallet like Cuban does and pay some luxury tax to put a supporting cast around his big investment.
Mickey, you're charging $1,800 bucks for a cruise with record numbers traveling. What's an extra $20 million to you?
you're a moron, do you even know what the luxury tax is? its dollar for dollar, if the new we acquire has a 7 million a year salary, mickey has to match that amount and pay the nba. and again, even if he does charge $1800 for a cruise, anyone who studied economics KNOWS that $1800 doesnt go to his pocket. lets see, he has employees, advertisements, ship maintenance, docking fess, TAXES, the list goes on and on......

mike wrote:
<quoted text>
you're kiddin me right??? have you been to a heat game recently, the games are still sold out.....and you apparently arent the smart consumer, meaning look, he paid top dollar for shaq, and he did nothing since he got here, he doesnt want to just throw his money away. just because he's rich doesnt mean he should just go and spend it.
Mike...Mike...Mike...you are a moron! Have you seen what's happened to the Marlins and even the Dolphins...does the stadium look empty to you? If you don't have a winning product people will stop coming to the games and watching on TV. This is going to cost Mickey Way more if he doesn't spend on additional players
Sweet Cheeks

Hollywood, FL

#38 Dec 7, 2007
Mike...moron...you out there?

Micky Arison better spend some money or the arena is going to be empty and cost him big $$$$$$$$$$
jcmlb

Waddy, KY

#39 Dec 7, 2007
who cares.bunch of damm thugs
nba analyst

Mansfield, OH

#40 Dec 7, 2007
I say let Chris Quinn become player/coach like Bill Russell was. I GUARANTEE it would be better.
accounting

Makati, Philippines

#41 Dec 7, 2007
Shaq is just collecting his paycheck....
heatfaninsocal

La Canada Flintridge, CA

#42 Dec 7, 2007
I'm a big Pat Riley fan. But he has to take all the blame
for this team losing. He did nothing in the off season to better this TEAM. He let everyone go to free agency.
He signed hardaway and smush parker? What a joke!
Now Rickey Davis trade is ok, but he doesn't fit. We would
have been better off with our championship team.
Last year we just had to many injuries. He should have
kepted the team together for one more run. Now we
suck!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

LaMarcus Aldridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Parker leaves with tight hamstring, won't return (May '14) May '14 Emily 1
News What the national media are writing about the N... (Jan '14) Jan '14 asad khan 1
News NBA All-Star Voting Shows How League's Face Has... (Jan '14) Jan '14 asad khan 1
News Robin Lopez fits in well with Trail Blazers, 'w... (Jan '14) Jan '14 aman 1
News Blazers' Fact Sheet Makes LaMarcus Aldridge's 2... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Cameron 1
News NBA Picks: Indiana Pacers vs. Portland Trail Bl... (Jan '13) Jan '13 brokeanna 1
News Top 5 Power Forwards In The NBA (Sep '12) Oct '12 manu fan 22
More from around the web