Heat fall to 0-3 on trip with loss in Portland

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

At 0-3 on this six-game western swing, the Heat won't be coming home from a winning trip.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
matt

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

The Heat just lost to Steve Blake, and a bunch of rookies. I really feel bad for myself and all heat fans because this is going to be a bad season. I say we shelve Wade and Shaq, play the young guys, and get a impact guy in the lottery, like Beason. Unless we can pull a major trade, I dont see this team being an 8th seed in the playoffs. We would have to win 2 of 3 for the next 2 months just to get to .500. I dont see that happening. Remember Riley fired Van Gundy when they were a .500 team around this time of year a couple years ago. I wouldnt be surprised if Riley hangs it up and hands the keys to Spoelsta.
thinking man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2007

I would think that patsie would be a happy camper right now.After this would seem to be what he was after,when he traded away younger more atheletic players for shaggie that's not to imply that we would have one a championship with those guys.However I can't see the heat winning anymore trophies anytime soon.Even worse we don't have anyone that would be enticing to any sane GM intrested in making any deals.So with Wade struggling to recover from two bad timed surgeries,this is what we are people get used to it.
Captain Fizz

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2007

Shaq is over the hill. Time to move on.
Mortgaged the Future

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2007

Riley sold his soul for Shaq and got 1 ring from it. Shaq has been looking worse each year since he got here. It is going to be a long 3 more years on his contract.
Lottery

Makati, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2007

I just can't help myself believe that this team lost to a rebuilding team. Guys just do the motions, collect your paychecks and when the season ends jump to other teams. My kudos to Posey, Walker, and others who moved to other teams, they had the last laugh especialy Walker,he,he,he,he,he,he.

Since: Feb 07

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2007

After last night, I'm starting to think about the future.

BLOW THS TEAM UP.

Even Wade is expendable. Yeah, I said it. He's been back long enough from his surgery and though he is awesome in his own right, I just don't think he can (or wants to)carry this team anymore.

I'm so disgusted with this team that I'm actually open to a Wade trade. Of course Shaq, Riley, and scrubs would also have to go.

Think about this... 3 more years of Shaq at an inflated salary that prohibits bringing in any decent talent. Will Wade actually want to resign with this team when he becomes a free agent (after 2-3 more losing seasons). If this team is going to continue downt this path and if Shaq and Riley won't retire, then TRADE WADE and get somethig in return.

A few more games like last night and I'm also going to quit on this season (just like Shaq). Anybody watch hockey anymore?
sam

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2007

This is the time for Wade or Zo to have a team only meeting. These guys are playing unwatchable basketball.

Right now actions speak louder than words and we all know the results of their actions.
The People of Florida

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2007

This is a highly pay low return team. Disastreous team. The pay should be based on day to day performance and so far Shaq deserve a drastic reduction so we can accommodate a good center in the payroll. The key of this team is Shaq,he needtobe in the floor 25 mins and produce 25 and 10 rebounds as minimun. Shaq looks like is ready to retire. Forget about additional rings..
fanfromafar

Tel Aviv, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2007

It looks like Riley is about ready to run away again, quit and leave it to someone else to pick up the mess he has left. And this is the mess that he created himself. Last time he cut and ran, he thought he was dumping on poor SVG, because the Odom-Caron-Wade team had been billed as the worst in basketball in the preseason, but old Stan turned it around into a fine team. As a matter of fact, to the best Heat TEAM in the last five years. This time Riley has done a better job of making a mess, and Eric Spoelstra or whoever Pat seeks to poor on this time will need help from Houdini, Blackstone and a bunch of other magicians to turn it into something presentable. And with Shaq's cap-eating contract having another three years to run, we can look forward to more of the same till about 2010 or 11. It's best to clean whatever house can be cleaned now, and start the rebuilding process at the top, before Riley makes some more rotten and trades away more of the heat's future. If he has left any future. Throw the bum out!!!
cowboys fan

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2007

Well i hate to say this but South Florida ts the laughing stock of America. Just look we have the non winning Dolphins. the worthless Heat and soon to be the worst team in baseball the Marlins. What a great sports area.
joseph

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2007

time to go fishin!!!
mike

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2007

The People of Florida wrote:
This is a highly pay low return team. Disastreous team. The pay should be based on day to day performance and so far Shaq deserve a drastic reduction so we can accommodate a good center in the payroll.
are you kidding me?? with the way they're playing, they THEY OWE US MONEY lol
Bama

Toney, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2007

The HEAT need a coach. Someone that can make them better players and Team. Stop coaching in the media and be a men and coach your players. Lets try a coaching lineup change and let Ron Rothstein coach for a months and see Riley time has past him by.
Lou Vales

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2007

Pat, I give you permission to quit. You are aging more rapidly than Charo. Shaq looks like an ad for the midnight buffet on one of Arison's cruise ships and Wade wants to be anywhere but on the floor with the most dysfunctional group since the Hogans.

I'm going to make a trip down next month just to check out the color scheme of the empty seats and the effect of the curtains being drawn in the upper levels. Biscayne Blvd scalpers will soon have the same looks on their faces as those of boosters at a school where david Shula has been named head coach.

When the Florida Panthers have more wins than the Dolphins, Hurricanes, Heat, and FIU Whatevers COMBINED!!!!--Well the only thing comparable in the horrific genre is the West Palm Beach, Port St. Lucie, Delray Beach and Boynton Beach real estate market---Ida, let's buy a condo the price can only go up.

By the way, I'm taking nominations for the first Spouth Florida developer--who isn't in jail or going broke--who decides to cuddle up to governmental officials to receive an edict to pave the Everglades. just think how many typical South Florida ZERO lot line homes could be constructed west of Micousookee(Sp)??
nba analyst

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2007

Chris Quinn
JAY PEEK

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2007

what a joke, Shaq,making 20m!!! What do we get in return. When Shaq signed that big contract, he should consider the impact he has on the salary cap. Look at Tim Duncan, signing for less money because he wanted the team to be flexible in the salary cap which leaves room to sign free agents.
http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm
ME MAD

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2007

FOLLOW THE MARLINS LEAD !! TRADE WADE, SHAQ, JWILL FOR 6 OR 8 PROSPECTS!!
asdf

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2007

They will not make the playoffs, but can play better. They should be at around .400 and pull some upsets. Shaq is past his prime, but is untradeable.
D BOSTON

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2007

Alan Ogg wrote:
After last night, I'm starting to think about the future.
BLOW THS TEAM UP.
Even Wade is expendable. Yeah, I said it. He's been back long enough from his surgery and though he is awesome in his own right, I just don't think he can (or wants to)carry this team anymore.
I'm so disgusted with this team that I'm actually open to a Wade trade. Of course Shaq, Riley, and scrubs would also have to go.
Think about this... 3 more years of Shaq at an inflated salary that prohibits bringing in any decent talent. Will Wade actually want to resign with this team when he becomes a free agent (after 2-3 more losing seasons). If this team is going to continue downt this path and if Shaq and Riley won't retire, then TRADE WADE and get somethig in return.
A few more games like last night and I'm also going to quit on this season (just like Shaq). Anybody watch hockey anymore?
trade Wade? You must be the biggest idiot on this post. Who in the world would want to trade one of the greatest players in the game who is still young. You need a reality check my friend. Players like him are too few and far in between.
Junior

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2007

Hey guys All the blame goes to Pat Riley.During the offseason he blew it big time.He let POSEY GO and Kapono.He would have kept at least Posey.He did not address the Point Guard Situation. We are paying badly for bad decision in the offseason. It is not getting any better. The Eastern Conference got better this year. We can play shaq & wade all you want, the reality is they dont have a good supporting cast, it is all Riley fault Remember Basketball is a team sports. Only a major Trade that can save the heat season, otherwise , we might to think of next year. Riley needs to make move now before everything fall apart

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent LaMarcus Aldridge Discussions

Search the LaMarcus Aldridge Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What the national media are writing about the N... Jan '14 asad khan 1
NBA All-Star Voting Shows How League's Face Has... Jan '14 asad khan 1
Robin Lopez fits in well with Trail Blazers, 'w... Jan '14 aman 1
Blazers' Fact Sheet Makes LaMarcus Aldridge's 2... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Cameron 1
NBA Picks: Indiana Pacers vs. Portland Trail Bl... (Jan '13) Jan '13 brokeanna 1
Top 5 Power Forwards In The NBA (Sep '12) Oct '12 manu fan 22
Pacers to retain Hibbert with $58M offer (Jul '12) Jul '12 trailblazer180 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••