BONSIGNORE: Despite their history, Br...

BONSIGNORE: Despite their history, Bryant helped sell former UCLA s...

There are 11 comments on the LA Daily News story from Jul 27, 2010, titled BONSIGNORE: Despite their history, Bryant helped sell former UCLA s.... In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak, right, introduces new addition Matt Barnes on Tuesday at the Toyota Sports Center in El Segundo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Bring on Miami

San Pedro, CA

#1 Jul 28, 2010
Matt ... Welcome Aboard! You are another Warrior. Artest and Barnes defending ...Sweet!
dontbefooled

Placentia, CA

#2 Jul 28, 2010
Basketball is not just a game...and here's why:
For a long time now, the Lakers lacked defense with capital D. How many games have they given away because of poor and insufficient defense. Too many. Those who were here for defense purposes and who were collecting big checks - weren't delivering. Some of them are still here, and grinning at our faces.
Do you want a 3 peat? then get tough on D, because it all starts with D.
Kobe knows what he needs to get the job done, and he deserves the help.
In the animal kingdom, the LION gets its share first, and in the NBA, Kobe is the lion. Yes, LBJ maybe the king (or queen), but Kobe is still the lion.
Barnes, welcome aboard. All we are asking is that you keep your level of playing and give yourself a shot at a ring!
la troy

Harrisburg, OR

#3 Jul 28, 2010
simple message- lets get it done. im sold on defense. can all you laker fans smell what the lakers are doing. threeeeee peat. im out.
Advice

Hawaiian Gardens, CA

#4 Jul 28, 2010
dontbefooled wrote:
Basketball is not just a game...and here's why:
For a long time now, the Lakers lacked defense with capital D. How many games have they given away because of poor and insufficient defense. Too many. Those who were here for defense purposes and who were collecting big checks - weren't delivering. Some of them are still here, and grinning at our faces.
Do you want a 3 peat? then get tough on D, because it all starts with D.
Kobe knows what he needs to get the job done, and he deserves the help.
In the animal kingdom, the LION gets its share first, and in the NBA, Kobe is the lion. Yes, LBJ maybe the king (or queen), but Kobe is still the lion.
Barnes, welcome aboard. All we are asking is that you keep your level of playing and give yourself a shot at a ring!
Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships.
-WSJ-IS-MY-HERO-

“Beautiful Ugly”

Since: Jul 10

Torrance, CA

#6 Jul 28, 2010
Cant wait for the season to start again!!
RON PO

Marina Del Rey, CA

#7 Jul 28, 2010
Thats cool the LAKERS picked up BARNES, I am a DIE HARD LAKERS FAN, and a UCLA fan also. I watched BARNES play in College and I followed his game some in the PROs. Most of the UCLA Products are some of my favorite players. PLUS BARNES is a CALIFORNIA NATIVE same as me, so of course i"m happy to have him on MY Team. I really like the fact that MATT can play multiple positions, that is a huge plus for us this coming season. The LAKERS lineup will be even more versitile and dynamic, and not just in SCORING, but in DEFENCE as well. WE all look forward to the 3peat/ Repeat, Thanks for coming Back COACH, Good Luck to all the LAKERS new Additions, PLAY HARD GO LAKERS.... P S: What I think is the most interesting about the LAKERS adding BARNES and BLAKE is that they both came out of the same DRAFT as those Three Players over in Miami. Seven Years in the League Lets COMPETE. L.A All Day.
Ferdie Yambot

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Jul 28, 2010
Just like loving the Lakers, I also like UCLA basketball as I sent my youngest son there to take his baccalaureate and masters dgree
from there. As such, I liked Barnes before his skirmish with Kobe and I even loved his competitiveness against Kobe.
What made me hate him was his faking to throw the ball during inbounds directly on Kobe's face.

But now that he is a Laker and Kobe is in good terms with him,
I like him again, and let his play prove that he can be loved too!
ricardo

Whittier, CA

#9 Jul 28, 2010
Shows the true nature of KOBE , He wants to win and knows the game . Wants people who have what it takes and play hard . GOOOOOOOOOO LAKERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!
correction

Boston, MA

#10 Jul 28, 2010
matt barnes is listed at 6'7''
hilyb

AOL

#11 Jul 28, 2010
Hey..why is he holding Van Exel's jersey...lol
Oh yeah

Mount Wilson, CA

#13 Aug 4, 2010
Oh yeah...it got a whole lot better bench than any other previous seasons....more weapons to pull against that all hyped-up Miami Heat and Celtics?

Finish up by either signing up Shannon Brown (he would be stupid not to really...) back or another nasty shooting guard to reinforce the team.

And just get that weannie Andrew in playing shape and keep everyone healthy....we are in all the way.

THREEPEAT!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lamar Odom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lamar Odom: Rekindling Romance With Khloe Karda... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Fart news 2
News Task force: Mammograms an option at 40, do more... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Farts news 4
News Former NBA star Odom found unconscious at Nevad... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
News Lakers land Gasol (Feb '08) Feb '14 waterfuckbelly 10
News Khloe Kardashian calls Lamar every day (Jan '14) Jan '14 Sammy 2
News Divorce not an option for Khloe Kardashian (May '12) Dec '13 amw 17
News Khloe Kardashian files for divorce from Lamar Odom (Dec '13) Dec '13 amw 4
More from around the web