Lakers' still missing killer instinct

Lakers' still missing killer instinct

There are 27 comments on the LA Daily News story from Mar 10, 2008, titled Lakers' still missing killer instinct. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

The Chicago Bulls won three consecutive NBA championships two different times with Phil Jackson as their coach in the 1990s.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
James Michael Kempner II

Honolulu, HI

#1 Mar 10, 2008
I adimently watched all the Bulls games back when Jordan won all his championships,
they like these Lakers moved the ball around as well as stepped up their game. Last Night in Sac Town the Lakers fell to Sac Town only by 1 point, very easily could have gone thee other way, can't win them all. I do feel like this loss was just what the Lakers needed for their last push on this last stretch. I wil guarentee you see a lock down on the Lakers and increase in intensity like you haven't seen from this team yet. Kobe only see's one thing and that's a championship banner being raised once again in LA's finest The Staples Center for America's team the Lakers are back!
xusllabb

Ontario, CA

#2 Mar 10, 2008
The only place this crappy team is headed is a first round exit from the playoffs.Then sooner you Kobe freaks get that into your head the better.The Lakers suck and Kobe belongs behind bars get a life
thats true

Alhambra, CA

#3 Mar 10, 2008
the lakers need to communicate on defense .they should be defence first and put up a fight first .dont play frail dont be afraid of the nba leage they need to adjust to .the refs trip they call some carbby calls or crappie....the loses the lakers have had .the team jumps out on them .i think phil jackson should look at that too.and call some time outs in crucial times .dont sit and watch coach ..........coach more .thats why the fans pay to see.something new in the ofense or defence.and watch a good coaching job too . the lakers should never lose to the queens .and lamar needs to take charge too dosent he want to be a champion or does he just like watching kobe play . he can sit up in the nose bleeder section with us ..the mexicanz .look up and you'll see us and hear us.. paying too much too see loses.hey laker fans im laikr1 .and see this to be true .remember never lose to the queens . and to all the new haters just wait til the playoffs come and youll see some other players get better and pick up on defence ,to win the rings you must get hardwork minded.like the old times in the 80's .when i was sitting down in the front of the tv watching my dad cheer for the lake show remember"ing the back to back pat riley gangster slick back hair .hahahahaha....im from laker land .im laikr1 .staples is the house .and you got'S TO DEFENCE IT ....all the time /
[email protected]
BIGAGEHOE

Glen Burnie, MD

#4 Mar 10, 2008
RICK FOX WAS THE LAST ENFORCER THAT THE LAKERS HAD! IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME ASK DOUG CHRISTIE!
Korn

Clio, MI

#5 Mar 10, 2008
The lakers do have that killer instinct that the bulls did when Jordan was there. Kobe has that same look of focus in his eyes that Jordan did during his run and that look scares his competition. This new team the Lakers have put together may not win 6 championships but they will win one in 08.
transrepression

La Jolla, CA

#6 Mar 10, 2008
xusllabb wrote:
The only place this crappy team is headed is a first round exit from the playoffs.Then sooner you Kobe freaks get that into your head the better.The Lakers suck and Kobe belongs behind bars get a life
way to post a concrete argument...technically kobe is pure perfection (excusing his small hands), any person who knows the game has no argument for this...decision making aside i (and any rational person) would send him out to take the final shot with the game in the balance...try to separate your emotional selfworth from your ignorant word vomits every once in awhile and people might actually think your existence has merit...while the west is extremely competitive kobe+lakers sans smush-kwame parker-brown cannot help but as a default by subtraction win 4 out of the first seven and at least enjoy a logical extrapolation into the 2nd level...

next time please email before the childhood scars rear their ugly head...thanks...[basketball=ar t]
shitimdead

UAE

#7 Mar 11, 2008
I dont agree that the bulls got jordan only he had pippen rodman to pick all th e ball he misses but i agree that the lakers dont have the killer instinct it is because the lakers have a very young supporting cast it does not show because their winning unlike last year when they fold because of injuries.... but look what is the opposition in the west their line ups are far way better what the lakers had for the year.... and this year they getting better...
Coomie13

Perkasie, PA

#8 Mar 11, 2008
He's so right, the Lakers are not ready to take it all, they sholdn't lose games like Sunday night - they need to learn to tell those sub-par teams, you can't beat us on any night and here is why - then smack them around for 48. They lack that and it may hurt them, but they're young and if nothing else, they will learn that for next year, and if they stay healthy - they will rock the west next season and the season aftet that, till it's all said and done, Kobe wil win two more and Shaq will continue to kill the Suns - bad move Steve.
Robert G

Compton, CA

#9 Mar 11, 2008
Give us some real news......Who cares about the NBA?
I can hardly wait for the Laker flags flying over black SUV's all over Los Angeles. Psshaw.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#10 Mar 11, 2008
xusllabb wrote:
The only place this crappy team is headed is a first round exit from the playoffs.Then sooner you Kobe freaks get that into your head the better.The Lakers suck and Kobe belongs behind bars get a life
Bla, bla, bla, bla....

I am sorry did You say something again?

You must love Kobe man You sure put a lot devotion
to write about him... good man.

GOOOOOOOOO LAKERSSSSS

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#11 Mar 11, 2008
Korn wrote:
The lakers do have that killer instinct that the bulls did when Jordan was there. Kobe has that same look of focus in his eyes that Jordan did during his run and that look scares his competition. This new team the Lakers have put together may not win 6 championships but they will win one in 08.
Dude be sure of this if the Lakers win in 2008 they are running with it... back to back to back to back and so on, cause once the win one, they are so young and talented they will just roll.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#12 Mar 11, 2008
Coomie13 wrote:
He's so right, the Lakers are not ready to take it all, they sholdn't lose games like Sunday night - they need to learn to tell those sub-par teams, you can't beat us on any night and here is why - then smack them around for 48. They lack that and it may hurt them, but they're young and if nothing else, they will learn that for next year, and if they stay healthy - they will rock the west next season and the season aftet that, till it's all said and done, Kobe wil win two more and Shaq will continue to kill the Suns - bad move Steve.
So, Your explanation tell me then that S.A. doesn't have the killer instict either, since they could not put way a non playoff team like denver out the other night.
Truth

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Mar 12, 2008
Hey Elliott Teaford the writer of this post...2 word describes you.

BANDWAGON FAN !!!

Top the the Western Conference and they still dont have the killer instinct. On that huge winning streak they had during the last few weeks, not only did they win 10 in a row...They were BLOWOUTS. Are you not watching the games? just talking smack? or are you just a dooshbag? has to be one...

Lakers are the best of the WEST without a doubt. When Bynum, Arisa and Mihm get back they will be the best of the NBA, hopefully.

I have seen almost every laker game this season, and im sorry to say that Luke Walton and Radmonavich are the weakest link and at the very most need to play back up or professional bench warmers, cause they stink it up on the court.

Lakers - Boston in the Finals

Lakers in 7

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#14 Mar 12, 2008
Truth wrote:
Hey Elliott Teaford the writer of this post...2 word describes you.
BANDWAGON FAN !!!
Top the the Western Conference and they still dont have the killer instinct. On that huge winning streak they had during the last few weeks, not only did they win 10 in a row...They were BLOWOUTS. Are you not watching the games? just talking smack? or are you just a dooshbag? has to be one...
Lakers are the best of the WEST without a doubt. When Bynum, Arisa and Mihm get back they will be the best of the NBA, hopefully.
I have seen almost every laker game this season, and im sorry to say that Luke Walton and Radmonavich are the weakest link and at the very most need to play back up or professional bench warmers, cause they stink it up on the court.
Lakers - Boston in the Finals
Lakers in 7
Amen!
Truth

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Mar 12, 2008
thats true wrote:
the lakers need to communicate on defense .they should be defence first and put up a fight first .dont play frail dont be afraid of the nba leage they need to adjust to .the refs trip they call some carbby calls or crappie....the loses the lakers have had .the team jumps out on them .i think phil jackson should look at that too.and call some time outs in crucial times .dont sit and watch coach ..........coach more .thats why the fans pay to see.something new in the ofense or defence.and watch a good coaching job too . the lakers should never lose to the queens .and lamar needs to take charge too dosent he want to be a champion or does he just like watching kobe play . he can sit up in the nose bleeder section with us ..the mexicanz .look up and you'll see us and hear us.. paying too much too see loses.hey laker fans im laikr1 .and see this to be true .remember never lose to the queens . and to all the new haters just wait til the playoffs come and youll see some other players get better and pick up on defence ,to win the rings you must get hardwork minded.like the old times in the 80's .when i was sitting down in the front of the tv watching my dad cheer for the lake show remember"ing the back to back pat riley gangster slick back hair .hahahahaha....im from laker land .im laikr1 .staples is the house .and you got'S TO DEFENCE IT ....all the time /
[email protected]
I love that your a Laker fan...and I think, I agree with the dribble you wrote...but damn man.
English class
Cause you sound like a r*tard. Im all for the mentally challenged supporting the purple and gold, but it shouldnt give me a headache to read your post.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#16 Mar 12, 2008
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I love that your a Laker fan...and I think, I agree with the dribble you wrote...but damn man.
English class
Cause you sound like a r*tard. Im all for the mentally challenged supporting the purple and gold, but it shouldnt give me a headache to read your post.
Ha ha ha ha this a clasic post LOL.

Gooo Lakers
domo

Toledo, OH

#17 Mar 12, 2008
i think kobe shuld attack harder n da forth quater n every game dat means knowin wat 2 do wen 2 do it if he do dat he'll get he's championship more den once and den dey all will know dat he can do it wit out shaq lets go lakers
cvyl15

Asia/Pacific Region

#18 Mar 12, 2008
brad miller should be suspended..he had been suspended before...preseason...that's the only way he could match up with gasol...flagrant fouls and harsh plays...
Robert G

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Mar 14, 2008
Who cares? It's just a game.
2up2down

Richmond, VA

#20 Mar 14, 2008
stop worrying about da d fellas. it took mj and da boys 3yrs of gettin' dey head beat in by bird, and mchale, then zeke and dumars, b4 they developed that "killa instinct." da lakers R doing this on the fly. da 1st shaq-kobe title team didn't have it either (up 3-1 on portland, and pacers). da d will improve, once da team is @ full strength.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kwame Brown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Kobe Bryant better than Michael Jordan? (Apr '07) Mar '16 Fart news 12,077
News Lakers land Gasol (Feb '08) Feb '14 waterfuckbelly 11
News Bulls vs. Sixers: Chicago takes on the league's... (Nov '13) Nov '13 edward cusic 1
News Daniel Orton Adds To Philadelphia 76ers' Uncert... (Oct '13) Oct '13 King Dyce 1
News Report: Warriors, Kwame Brown agree to free-age... (Dec '11) Apr '13 2inches of steel 2
News Perry Jones vs. Terrence Jones: Who Will Be the... (Sep '11) Oct '11 robert brink 4
News NBA Trade Deadline Looming: Three Deals The Pis... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Michigan Mike 1
More from around the web