Is Kobe Bryant better than Michael Jordan?

Apr 1, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: North County Times

“Bout to get some rest, tonight should be a hard, tough and FUN game. Strength and honor. Two-4.”

By: LOREN NELSON - Staff Writer NO -- Kobe Bryant once scored 81 points in a single NBA game, a feat that is more confounding than it is astounding. via North County Times

Comments
1 - 20 of 12,041 Comments Last updated Feb 20, 2012
First Prev
of 603
Next Last
Ama

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2007

Judged:

Nooooooooooooooooo way. Kobe sucks
Show Time

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2007

Judged:

its inevitable there gonna talk about kobe being better than jordan live with it, and what are you on top of some mountain or something, and kobe dont suck youuuuuuuuuuuu suuuuuuucckkkkkkkkkkk
abba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2007

Judged:

Uuummm........... No.
abba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2007

Judged:

Whoever wrote this article should be shot.
Isaac

Perry, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2007

Judged:

Kobe Bryant is better than Michael Jordan.
joe bob johnson

San Marcos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2007

Judged:

Kobe is the best ever
he is way better than MJ

“Laker fan 4 Life!!!”

Since: Feb 07

Orange County, Ca.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2007

Judged:

Show Time wrote:
its inevitable there gonna talk about kobe being better than jordan live with it, and what are you on top of some mountain or something, and kobe dont suck youuuuuuuuuuuu suuuuuuucckkkkkkkkkkk
I concur :)
vince

Welshpool, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2007

Judged:

sorry, but kobe may be brillinat at gettin 50+ points all da time.
but....
MJ could do everything, shoot, rebound, steal, assist, block, dunk. He was a brillinat playmaker and an amazin team player. he could play any position quite well. maybe even centre. HE WAS THE FULL PACKAGE

“Laker fan 4 Life!!!”

Orange County, Ca.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2007

Judged:

vince wrote:
but....
MJ could do everything, shoot, rebound, steal, assist, block, dunk. He was a brillinat playmaker and an amazin team player. he could play any position quite well. maybe even centre. HE WAS THE FULL PACKAGE
center? oh god. You people that make these things up in your heads... There was also a story that jordan was 8 feet tall when he wanted to be and that he had a bionic spring in his ankles...lol. My friend, I have been around to see Jordan and Kobe play ball and they play very much the same as far as stats go. Would you like to do a little bit of research on there stats before you go run your mouth. there are many that say that the reason Kobe is better is because he has a more "complete package" than Jordan did. Here is one of them you can't deny stats pal and the expert opinions say that is why he can score more dominantly. And if you were around back in jordans day you would know that Jordan was known as a ball hog for the first half of his career. And in the second he started trusting his team mates more. That is because they got good players around him. When all is said and done Kobe will come out on top in the Jordan vs Kobe feud. Kobe has some more titles to win first and don't try and bet against him, you'll lose the house. He is able to play team ball too and that is why he leads his team in assists, points, steals and 2nd in free throw percentage (2nd only to sasha)

“Laker fan 4 Life!!!”

Orange County, Ca.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2007

Judged:

vince wrote:
but....
here's that article... from steve kerr and if any one knows jordan it's him!
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news...

“Laker fan 4 Life!!!”

Orange County, Ca.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2007

Judged:

vince wrote:
but....
even in 2003 people knew what was going on right in front of them. Open your eyes and you will notice that kobe will end up as one of the best players in NBA history.(read the article) And wake up buddy!
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/...
Show Time

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2007

Judged:

Willsmooth24 wrote:
<quoted text>
center? oh god. You people that make these things up in your heads... There was also a story that jordan was 8 feet tall when he wanted to be and that he had a bionic spring in his ankles...lol. My friend, I have been around to see Jordan and Kobe play ball and they play very much the same as far as stats go. Would you like to do a little bit of research on there stats before you go run your mouth. there are many that say that the reason Kobe is better is because he has a more "complete package" than Jordan did. Here is one of them you can't deny stats pal and the expert opinions say that is why he can score more dominantly. And if you were around back in jordans day you would know that Jordan was known as a ball hog for the first half of his career. And in the second he started trusting his team mates more. That is because they got good players around him. When all is said and done Kobe will come out on top in the Jordan vs Kobe feud. Kobe has some more titles to win first and don't try and bet against him, you'll lose the house. He is able to play team ball too and that is why he leads his team in assists, points, steals and 2nd in free throw percentage (2nd only to sasha)
Exactly these people act as if we never saw jordan play, the great thing is his time was in the 90s shortly after that it was kobes time, yeah at first you could say kobe was looking like he was gonna be a jordan clone and a poor mans jordan, guess what you cant say that anymore the guy has defined himself he is kobe bryant, jordan is long retired hes gone finished there is no jordan anymore, the guy your watching is kobe bryant, and yeah like will said stop making up stuff the guy was a legend but he was human he didnt have wings, that toungue was real, he wasnt half cyborg, I mean if kobe would have come before jordan it would be the same thing everyone would be comparing him to kobe, bottomline I feel kobe can do more things than jordan and when its all said and done he will be known as the better player, will he have more nba achievments than jordan thats yet to be seen but skill wise he can do more things he just makes it look too easy out there.
abba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2007

Judged:

NO Kobe is not better than MJ.. wtf? Kobe might be one of the top players in the NBA but he aint better than MJ. You guys should get your facts straight first.
abba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2007

Judged:

Willsmooth24 wrote:
<quoted text>
even in 2003 people knew what was going on right in front of them. Open your eyes and you will notice that kobe will end up as one of the best players in NBA history.(read the article) And wake up buddy!
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/...
Hate to bring it to ya but theres a new kid on the block and his name is Dwyane Wade. Kobe better watch out.

“Laker fan 4 Life!!!”

Orange County, Ca.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2007

Judged:

abba wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to bring it to ya but theres a new kid on the block and his name is Dwyane Wade. Kobe better watch out.
OK, give me one thing that Wade does better than Kobe!? come on i dare you to go research this. And please give me some actual stats or facts and it's source. Even lebron is better than wade.
abba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2007

Judged:

Willsmooth24 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, give me one thing that Wade does better than Kobe!? come on i dare you to go research this. And please give me some actual stats or facts and it's source. Even lebron is better than wade.
Why you even bringing up the queen.. Lebron doesnt even have a ring and he wont ever get a ring any time soon buddy. DWade has ALOT more skill than Kobe does.. wow all Kobe is good at is ballhogging thats why he gets 50 points. Yet he cant even pull his team out of a #7 spot and on the verge of not making playoffs this year. For a guy that gets all these points yet cant pull anything better than .500 thats pretty sad. Seriously but I dont think Kobe could have done what Wade did in last year's finals against the Mavs.
Show Time

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2007

Judged:

abba wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL what a surprise that you would bring up dwayne wade, look pal I know how you feel you are backing your man wade up and I dont blame you, thats just natural cause bulls fans will never ever say another player is better than jordan and I dont blame them, your gonna back wade up, cleveland fans will back lebron up, and us lakers fans will back kobe up... look believe me I had trouble with saying kobe was at jordans level up until this year, I think kobe is right there with jordan skill for skill, jordan still has the better career and kobe will probably not top jordans career hardware wise but im talking about skill for skill kobe is just better hes more acrobatic, better three point shooter, as good a defender although he doesnt always show it cause he needs to save it for his offense, and hes doing it in a much harder league than when jordan played, and sorry dont compare wade to kobe, he may be a champion and a great player but hes not at kobes level no way, however I thought lebron was the second best player I have changed that to wade hes better than lebron right now but that may change. there is no one at kobes level right now, kobe plays better defense, shoots better behind the arc, and if not for all those pu$$y fouls called in wades favor he wont score as much as he does, hes a better distributor I will give him that, and he is a very good clutch shooter which is why I put him ahead of lebron, but kobe is the best clutch shooter, and two years in a row kobe has put this team on his back taken a lottery team to the playoffs, wade has done nothing more than take a championship from the choking mavs, he played amazing in that championship great clutch shooting but other than that what else has he done, I think you better wait a while before comparing him to kobe, kobe has already been in the league 11 years so I waited a while before comparing him to mike.

“Laker fan 4 Life!!!”

Orange County, Ca.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2007

abba wrote:
<quoted text>
Why you even bringing up the queen.. Lebron doesnt even have a ring and he wont ever get a ring any time soon buddy. DWade has ALOT more skill than Kobe does.. wow all Kobe is good at is ballhogging thats why he gets 50 points. Yet he cant even pull his team out of a #7 spot and on the verge of not making playoffs this year. For a guy that gets all these points yet cant pull anything better than .500 thats pretty sad. Seriously but I dont think Kobe could have done what Wade did in last year's finals against the Mavs.
Hello Kobe has been there and done that, youre just a laker hater and it shows cause all you talk about is kobe being a ball hog. How the hell does he lead the team in assists then not to mention steals 3 pt percentage ft attempts but whatever you can act like your lil girl wade over there has done things kobe can't do when he already has I really wish that when shaq isn't with Wade anymore you shut your mouth when wade never gets a ring with out him. Kobe is going to get his rings without him and that starts next year my friend. JO wants L.A. and so Does Garnett even billups has said he would love to play with the best player in the world. And sorry girlie abba he wasn't talking about wade. Wait, now that i think about it wade even called him the best. you should listen to yoour idol there, at least he know's what's up!!

“Laker fan 4 Life!!!”

Orange County, Ca.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2007

abba wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a comment from another Ex kobe hater that was on another string. Maybe you should watch a laker game yourself so you can actually know what the program is........
Good points. Admittedly I haven't watched many of the Lakers games...just kept an eye on the box scores, watched them when they faced the Suns, and followed the commentaries, so I can't imagine the impact of all the injuries throughout the season. Certainly I can understand Kobe's mentality to want to carry the team under the circumstances, and I do think he was trying to integrate others in the offense before the rash of injuries -- so the ball hogging comment was probably too harsh. Sometimes just reading the stories and everyone's opinions paints a picture that he is doing it all to purposely show boat and try to be the top story on ESPN every night, which is probably why I sort of feel a little jealousy and disliking for him, and why I wrote the "ball hog" comment without even thinking twice about it. Deep down I do have big respect for the guy, though. He has had some unbelievable individual performances, and anyone who says they wouldn't want him on their team, hogging the ball or not, would be lying or just plain stupid.(abba):)
Chris Villain

Freeport, Bahamas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2007

Judged:

Kobe Bryant is a better shooter than Mj ever was, has mre range than MJ ever had, has better ball hnadling skill than Mj ever had, has the best footwork i've ever seen, is an excellent dunker, leaper, can defend just as well as jordan, can rebound just as well as is a better passer than MJ.....but the main reason Kobe bryant is better than michael jordan is this....Michael Jordan played in a league where the lethal zone defense (which is designed to force tough jumpshots and make penetration as dificult as possible)was illegal, jordan also played in a league where palming violations were hardly if ever called(one of jordans favrites moves). Jordan played when offensive handchecking was rarely called(especially against MJ and was also a favorite maneuver of his)eg. the push on bryon russel in the 98 finals. Kobe plays in a tougher league today....When Jordan won those MVPs the competion wasnt nearly as talented as that of a dwyane wade, gilbert areans, lebron james, tim duncan, dirk nowitski, steve nash etc....Jordans scring exploits for the first several years of his career was due to the lack of talent around so naturally he did wat kobe is doing now(leading the league in scoring)....its absolutely absurd to expect kobe to have the amount of scoring title jordan had having played along side Shaquile oneal in his prime all those years, not to mention with players like allen iverson that was in the same predicament that jordan was in for several years....all in all Kobe is better than MJ

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 603
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kwame Brown Discussions

Search the Kwame Brown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Lakers land Gasol (Feb '08) Feb '14 waterfuckbelly 11
Bulls vs. Sixers: Chicago takes on the league's... (Nov '13) Nov '13 edward cusic 1
Daniel Orton Adds To Philadelphia 76ers' Uncert... (Oct '13) Oct '13 King Dyce 1
Report: Warriors, Kwame Brown agree to free-age... (Dec '11) Apr '13 2inches of steel 2
Perry Jones vs. Terrence Jones: Who Will Be the... (Sep '11) Oct '11 robert brink 4
NBA Trade Deadline Looming: Three Deals The Pis... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Michigan Mike 1
The Detroit Pistons Model is Out of Date (Dec '09) Dec '09 crazywhiteboy 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••