Howard scores career-high 39 in Magic's win over Sonics

There are 64 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Nov 28, 2007, titled Howard scores career-high 39 in Magic's win over Sonics. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Dwight Howard dunked, blocked and dominated Seattle's undersized frontline for a career-high 39 points and 16 rebounds, and the Orlando Magic beat the SuperSonics 110-94 on Wednesday night for their NBA-best ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
O-magic

United States

#64 Nov 30, 2007
Solar Bear wrote:
I was happy to see the Sonics greet Lewis with cheers instead of jeers. The Magic fans may learn a thing or two from that. Grant Hill deserves better.
Ummm...GRANT HILL deserves better?? for what exactly?? This guy went for greener pastures.... I know that injury was not his fault but I didnt see him retire adn giving magic a break either. On the flip side...Magic backup him up throughout his 93million non playing career. So you think I would cheer for that guy?? I dont think so...
I doubt I would boo either but definitly not cheer...He didnt do jack....seriously...nothing at all. He took a spot and a cap space. Yes, he was locker room presence but what did that do. I didnt see us getting out of the first round or anything... Yes he was a nice guy...role model but what did he do for the MAGIC???
Yes...Not worth to boo..but definitely we are not cheering.
O-magic

United States

#65 Nov 30, 2007
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Difference is Rashard Lewis didn't single handedly kill his franchise for seven years, lie and say he would sign for less at the end of his contract, and then run to another team to chase a cheap ring...which he will never get playing for the Suns btw.
Amen to that. Well Said.
I couldnt have put that better. And that is exactly what he did or didnt do. Not boo?? well..definitely not cheer. Yes, he is playing well with the Suns right now...there is not doubt on this work ethic etc...but can you imagine if he was with the Magic right now? Yes, killed the franchise for 7yrs..meaning magic also deserves some sacrifice from his part. ie. not running for a cheap ring.
O-magic

United States

#66 Nov 30, 2007
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Rashard wasn't even one dimensional last night, unless sucking is a dimension. Ugly win, but thats two straight games we've one with one of our stars having an off night...very encouraging, especially on the road. Great start Magic!! Keep it up...
I'm just Glad, We are winning with our core guys having an off night. Lewis was off but did have 10rbs. Which is above his avg. Bottom line is that he does other things. JJ got playing time...I'm very optimistic about that guy..SVG needs to let him play consistenly to find out his potential. Maturity shows. SVG doesnt panic. We are losing leads but we are somehow keeping composure. More work to do and more gelling to happen....but for now....GO MAGIC.
Nico 7

Mayaguez, Puerto Rico

#67 Dec 2, 2007
SVG I believe that it can give to Arroyo the opportunity to initiate tonight. 14 assists the other days and against the Suns did 6 without no TO, I believe that is deserved it. If we compared the time of game of Nelson and Arroyo, I believe that the numbers say everything; Arroyo does the same in less time of game. It knows to distribute the game and it knows to find to his teammates. The fans want to see a team that wins and that shines well before all. My 5 starters are 5 D. Howard, 4 H. TurKoglu 3 R. Lewis, 2 K. Bogans and 1. C. Arroyo. To J.J Redick they could give more time him of game so that it acquires confidence, we know that it has a good shot of distance and to Dooling to put it next to Arroyo they create a headache to the other teams, they make a good pair, its game is fast and create plays of benefit for team. I believe that this suggestion is good. SVG in the life is necessary to try the things to know if results render to us. God blesses you! If the things continue as they go that you will be the Coach of the year. We know that they signed Nelson by enough money but the question is who make the work in less time? The fans wants to see the team win and to shine well, if Arroyo makes shine better to the team, finds his teammates and makes assists I believe that the answer is, use it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kurt Thomas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York Knicks Express Interest in Samuel Dale... (Jul '13) Jul '13 greg 1
News Knicks Rumors: Kenyon Martin Perfect Fit for Te... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Ginobili 3
News K.C. Johnson's Bulls mailbag (Feb '11) Feb '11 Topix 1
News Around the Association: 2010 NBA Draft Previews... (Jun '10) Jun '10 mac 1
News Milwaukee Bucks: Hawks fend off elimination wit... (May '10) May '10 BILL 6
News Bucks take 3-2 lead with road shocker (Apr '10) Apr '10 money man 1
News Salmons scores 22, Bucks roll over Hawks 107-89... (Apr '10) Apr '10 meow 1
More from around the web