Sonics Acquire Kurt Thomas And Two Fi...

Sonics Acquire Kurt Thomas And Two First Round Picks

There are 6 comments on the Sports Features story from Jul 20, 2007, titled Sonics Acquire Kurt Thomas And Two First Round Picks. In it, Sports Features reports that:

The Seattle SuperSonics announced today they have acquired Kurt Thomas from the Phoenix Suns, along with the Suns' 2008 and 2010 first-round draft picks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sports Features.

Spurs_06-07_NBA_ Chumps

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Jul 20, 2007
Whoa! Phoenix got totally robbed in this transaction! What the hell are you doing Kerr? I knew you were a little slow, but I had no idea you were such an idiot.
SunBurned

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Jul 20, 2007
Sarver just sold the future if the Suns. Not that Thomas was the future but first round picks are. They have sold the first round picks for the past three years and now they have sold 2008 and 2010. Where do they think they got Amare and Shawn in the first place? First rounds picks, of course. Now, we still have Atlanta's pick next year but does anyone really think Sarver will not sell that one too? Next year, he will lose Marion, sell the Atlanta and 2009 first round pick and Nash will retire with a bad back. He will make $20 mil or so, sell the team and he and Kerr can go back to San Diego where they belong.
Daniel Garcia Jr

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Jul 20, 2007
Honestly, I don't know what the Phoenix Suns and all the staff are thinking. Mike D'Antoni and Steve Kerr, you all should have never have traded Kurt Thomas. I tell you, I hear a lot of negative stuff about the suns system. Don't get me wrong, The Phoenix Suns will always be my team. I admit the suns are definitely a championship contender. Just knowing that you all have decided to trade Kurt Thomas and the TWO Future 1st round picks, I don't know now how the suns will get to the finals, and that Amare Stoudemire is the only big man that the suns have now. I sure hope, and I mean hope that Mike D'Antoni and Steve Kerr have some ideas on finding a BIG Man for the center at least another Big Man 6 feet 10 or 7 foot. I sure hope that you all don't get another guard. Really think about what your doing. Bring home a title next season. Amare, Nash, and Marion can't do it all by themselves, they need the whole team. Amare is still learning and always is in foul trouble, it gets frustrating for him. Shawn Marion is awesome on the court, one of the abosolute best. For Nash, he's near retirement. What are the Phoenix Suns going to do. They need a Big Man in the center.
Ouch_no lube_

Aurora, CO

#4 Jul 22, 2007
It was all for money unless the Suns find another deal before the next season begins. C'mon Kerr...you're smarter than this...so I hope you've got a plan! TWO first round picks and our only inside defender for nothing...but money??
Not having a post defender is really going to hurt us against San Antonio next year. We can't do it with Boris in the middle after Stoudemire gets in foul trouble...
Silvio

United States

#5 Jul 22, 2007
In defense of Kerr, the 1st round pick for 2008 will probably be in the high 20's as will the pick in 2010 (which are usually worthless) and the Suns do have Atlanta's 1st round pick next year which will probably be in single digits. This was clearly a money deal, and I think it was to keep Marion in Phoenix for next year who is pretty damn good. If Stern didn't interfere, the Suns probably would have won the whole thing. I have to think there is a veteran who can defend as well as Thomas out there in the free agency market that wants a championship and will work for cheap. Plus you have to remember Garnett is a free agent next year and he's said he wants to play for Phoenix. This saved money can go to him if they really want him.
Sonic_Fan4

United States

#6 Jul 25, 2007
Great job Presti. Presti has the balls that Sund didn't have. Presti has pulled off a few Great moves to improve the team. As you can see, Lewis was to expensive and with durant, they are the same type of player except for the fact that Durant is 18 and Shard is 27. As far as Ray Ray. He has about 2 years left in the tank, those ankles aren' t going to hold up for much longer. Kurt Thomas is going to give us that toughness in the paint that we didn't have. Fortson was tough but he was just mental & half retarded. Starting line up for next year

Pg - Luke Rid , delonte
SG - Durant, Delonte
SF - Green, wally
PF - Chris Wilcox, Nick collison
C - Robert Swift, Kurt, Petro

* I think wilkins and watson will get traded for a player we are going to release to save some money.

Prediction: Sonics finish around the .500 mark and finish somewhere between the 8th and 10th spot in the Western conference

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kurt Thomas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York Knicks Express Interest in Samuel Dale... (Jul '13) Jul '13 greg 1
News Knicks Rumors: Kenyon Martin Perfect Fit for Te... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Ginobili 3
News K.C. Johnson's Bulls mailbag (Feb '11) Feb '11 Topix 1
News Around the Association: 2010 NBA Draft Previews... (Jun '10) Jun '10 mac 1
News Milwaukee Bucks: Hawks fend off elimination wit... (May '10) May '10 BILL 6
News Bucks take 3-2 lead with road shocker (Apr '10) Apr '10 money man 1
News Salmons scores 22, Bucks roll over Hawks 107-89... (Apr '10) Apr '10 meow 1
More from around the web