Is Kobe Bryant better than Michael Jo...

Is Kobe Bryant better than Michael Jordan?

There are 12077 comments on the North County Times story from Apr 1, 2007, titled Is Kobe Bryant better than Michael Jordan?. In it, North County Times reports that:

“Bout to get some rest, tonight should be a hard, tough and FUN game. Strength and honor. Two-4.”

By: LOREN NELSON - Staff Writer NO -- Kobe Bryant once scored 81 points in a single NBA game, a feat that is more confounding than it is astounding. via North County Times

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North County Times.

me

United States

#12712 Jan 17, 2012
No way in hell is he better than mj

“ONLY the elite have done this”

Since: Jan 09

Boston Masshole

#12713 Jan 17, 2012
Im better than both Kobe and MJ combined. Niether could hold my jock. Hows that?
dfgb

Bedford, OH

#12714 Jan 17, 2012
Chris Villain wrote:
Kobe Bryant is a better shooter than Mj ever was, has mre range than MJ ever had, has better ball hnadling skill than Mj ever had, has the best footwork i've ever seen, is an excellent dunker, leaper, can defend just as well as jordan, can rebound just as well as is a better passer than MJ.....but the main reason Kobe bryant is better than michael jordan is this....Michael Jordan played in a league where the lethal zone defense (which is designed to force tough jumpshots and make penetration as dificult as possible)was illegal, jordan also played in a league where palming violations were hardly if ever called(one of jordans favrites moves). Jordan played when offensive handchecking was rarely called(especially against MJ and was also a favorite maneuver of his)eg. the push on bryon russel in the 98 finals. Kobe plays in a tougher league today....When Jordan won those MVPs the competion wasnt nearly as talented as that of a dwyane wade, gilbert areans, lebron james, tim duncan, dirk nowitski, steve nash etc....Jordans scring exploits for the first several years of his career was due to the lack of talent around so naturally he did wat kobe is doing now(leading the league in scoring)....its absolutely absurd to expect kobe to have the amount of scoring title jordan had having played along side Shaquile oneal in his prime all those years, not to mention with players like allen iverson that was in the same predicament that jordan was in for several years....all in all Kobe is better than MJ
i agree with that
NOPE

Salinas, CA

#12715 Jan 24, 2012
All you people just remeber what you want to remeber look at the stats!!! It tells you everything you need to know!!! MJ is by far the greatest of all time, kobe was ranked by ESPN the 7th best in the nba rite now!!!
Sammy

North Hollywood, CA

#12716 Jan 24, 2012
You guys have to understand, you can't compare the two because they are from different erra's, Kobe's from the new erra and Jordan from the old, Jordan probably couldn't run with the guys now, they are more faster and stronger around the post, Lebron, D. Howard, chris paul, griffin, D. wade, Rondo, etc.. Back in Jordan days, they were just post up shooters and power slammers, now, its everything but at a faster paste and more exciting plays, then the older days with players wearing tight mini shorts, lol! But don't get me wrong, Jordan is the greatest player, that ever play the game but just can't compare the two, they are both such great players, when they are Healthy!!
hope

Brownsville, TN

#12717 Jan 25, 2012
Kevin Miville wrote:
Are yall dumb Kobe is way better than jordan how is he not, he puts up better numbers, he can shoot better, yall don't know nothin about basketball, Jordan was only clutch, If Kobe had the players jordan did he would win way more titles
Kobe had shaq for three of those titles moron

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#12718 Jan 27, 2012
That's tough!! They both have/had excellent work ethic, ball handling, jump shooting, quickness, slamma jamma, theft ability, passing, unselfishness, and both have the RINGS to back up these skills!! I'll go with Jordan for legacy's sake!'93 Jordan vs '04 Kobe on the court would settle this debate!
dfgb

Ashley, OH

#12719 Jan 28, 2012
the best player is magiv johnson because he can play all positions

Since: Oct 11

jackson ohio

#12720 Jan 29, 2012
hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Kobe had shaq for three of those titles moron
Yeah and MJ had Pipen. Ranked as the 34th best player of all time! so your argument is invalid.
cdaddyjenks

Booneville, MS

#12721 Jan 30, 2012
I think if you compare credentials micheal Jordan is a better player, but you can't base it on championships alone. Kobe comes thru in the clutch just like mike. Kobe could score 40 or 50 on any given night, just like mike. They were both surrounded with good players and teammates.
xgreatness2423x

Panorama City, CA

#12722 Jan 31, 2012
As a basketball icon, I don't think anyone will ever surpass Michael Jordan because of how he changed the game. However, from a pure basketball standpoint, there really is nothing that Jordan did that Kobe cannot do. Their style of play is very similar and they both have that competitive edge. I think it's 1a and 1b.

By the way, Kobe fans...or even basketball fans, check out this new Kobe e-book that just released. I just bought it and finished reading it and I must say it is one of the most impressive Kobe reads I have ever read. Huge Kobe fan here. The book contains an awesome biography and explains in full detail all of Kobe's moves. I really loved it...there's much more in it too but that was what I enjoyed most. There's also free bonuses involved...haven't gotten a chance to read them yet but they look good from first glance. Just recommending a great book to any of you Kobe fans looking for a great read or even just basketball fans looking to improve their game.

If you're interested: http://www.thekobebryanttechnique.com
hope

Brownsville, TN

#12723 Jan 31, 2012
Alwaysrightho wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah and MJ had Pipen. Ranked as the 34th best player of all time! so your argument is invalid.
where's shaq ranked and pippen sucked without mj .magic is the best anyways
kb#24

Azle, TX

#12724 Feb 6, 2012
Kobe Is a bad ass and always will be but not gonna touch MJ
Joe Krupinski

New Hyde Park, NY

#12725 Feb 6, 2012
C'mon, now, Michael Jordan is head and shoulders above Kobe Bryant. They may have similar stats and the goods to do spectacular thing. But athleticism, superior intellect and civility to other players is part of the equation, not to be ignored. Jordan is aces over Bryant. No doubt at all.
kentucky rulezzz!

Harrogate, TN

#12726 Feb 6, 2012
No Kobe Bryant aint better than Michael Jordan
kentucky rulezzz!

Harrogate, TN

#12727 Feb 6, 2012
Isaac wrote:
Kobe Bryant is better than Michael Jordan.
No he's not can't believe you like a raipest
ben28

Caledon, Canada

#12729 Feb 9, 2012
Alwaysrightho wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah and MJ had Pipen. Ranked as the 34th best player of all time! so your argument is invalid.
Yea and kobe had shaq who is the most dominant center of all time And u compare him to pippen who was ranked 34 and why was he ranked so high b/c of MJ who made him into the player he was. pippen was garbage when he went to portland. Name one player who kobe has made a better player the way mj did for pippen, there are NONE! b/c kobe is a selfish player!!
Joe Krupinski

New Hyde Park, NY

#12730 Feb 9, 2012
Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant may be pretty close in ability and performance, but there is no question that Michael is a much better person. Opponents were frightened by Jordan's unpredictability. Kobe does not get that kind of respect. The player to match Jordan Air has not come along yet. BUT, wait, how about the Knicks' new phenom, Jeremy Lin. Let's let a hand in making him advance along to become an NBA leader.
jonyboy

Fairfield, CT

#12731 Feb 9, 2012
Kobe bryant is the best in the world
Justin

Momence, IL

#12732 Feb 20, 2012
This furom is still up?I hate Kobe but with honesty Kobe is better to me.In todays league you need 3 point shooting late.Jordan was not the greatest shooter.The guards in his day were much smaller and not as quick.Jordan won in a watered out league but I can't take away his championships.The biggest lie is that Jordan didn't need Pippen.Jordan had first rd exits and couldn't win shit till Pippen came.Like Kobe the real faults of players like these are their selfishness at times but Kobe's much worser at times.Kobe shoots 46% as a career as a shooter guard who doesn't drive enough but thats a pretty good percentage for a shoot first guard.Jordan wouldn't do as good as a shooter but is a great driver and I feel he would be more like Dwayne Wade in this ERA.Slightly better scorer but around 28pt per but Lebron would be better than all of them to me.Lebron is the total package to me.Like Kobe,Jordan couldn't physically matchup to Lebron.Despite his clutch failures at times unfairly criticised needs to improve.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kobe Bryant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News updated Idaho official: Kobe Bryant's remarks h... May '16 loki 8
News Hillary Clinton accused of offending Native Ame... May '16 Sam 6
News This Desert Oasis basketball player gives us a ... Feb '16 puke blog 1
News Jason Collins mostly gets support from NBA comm... (Apr '13) Feb '16 Fart news 60
UDA authenticated Kobe Bryant jersey #8 Jan '16 Andrew 1
News Who is better, Kobe or LeBron? (Mar '09) Nov '15 Fart news 2,115
News Lakersa young players soaking in Kobe Bryanta s... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 6
More from around the web