Minnesota Timberwolves beat Memphis Grizzlies in a game with dr...

There will be no talk of tanking down the stretch this season. The Timberwolves continue to thumb their noses at what winning late in the season might mean for their NBA draft lottery odds. Full Story
Sam

Mankato, MN

#1 Apr 13, 2008
Typical Wolves: winning games they have no business winning. They can work on building that winning mindset next year, after they add what should be a top-three pick to their team. However, they seem to be more convinced that it's better to win some meaningless games now. After all, who cares about having the chance to secure a top lottery pick. It's not like a top pick could help them or anything. Knowing the Wolves, they'll find a way to win one or two of their final three games end, in the process, can kiss their shot at Derrick Rose or Michael Beasley goodbye.
Andrew

Rochester, MN

#3 Apr 13, 2008
I'm happy that they're winning. Just like Wittman said, "the lottery's the lottery". The Wolves still have a good shot at either the 1, 2, or 3 pick in the draft regardless of if they are 3rd or 4th worst in the league. But hey, I'm a true fan, I bleed Blue. Criticize me for supporting a struggling franchise, but I love the Timberwolves, and their 2nd half of the season has been nothing short of impressive. If the Timberwolves can do what they've done in the final 41 games this season with the team they have now, imagine what they'll do with 3 draft picks and cap space for a FA. They don't need a Beasley or Rose, they have 6 players who were lottery picks and all are still young and full of potential (Snyder, Foye, McCants, Telfair, Brewer, Jefferson). Those six players all have potential to lead a team... yes, I said lead. The Timberwolves don't need a number one pick to excel next season, they have already got what it takes, now they just need to build chemistry. Way to win the season out Timberwolves, show Detroit what we're about Tuesday night... GO WOLVES!
Sorry Folks

United States

#4 Apr 13, 2008
This is not the NFL DRAFT.

It doesn't matter if your the worst team

( remember last year Portland getting the #1

over Memphis )

and remember the Mchale factor? even if we

got a high draft pick, he'll trade away another

rookie of the year for a dud ( roy for foye )

I'm soo not looking forward to the draft anymore

like I use too because of the past history :(
Greg- Chanhassen

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Apr 14, 2008
Andrew wrote:
I'm happy that they're winning. Just like Wittman said, "the lottery's the lottery". The Wolves still have a good shot at either the 1, 2, or 3 pick in the draft regardless of if they are 3rd or 4th worst in the league. But hey, I'm a true fan, I bleed Blue. Criticize me for supporting a struggling franchise, but I love the Timberwolves, and their 2nd half of the season has been nothing short of impressive. If the Timberwolves can do what they've done in the final 41 games this season with the team they have now, imagine what they'll do with 3 draft picks and cap space for a FA. They don't need a Beasley or Rose, they have 6 players who were lottery picks and all are still young and full of potential (Snyder, Foye, McCants, Telfair, Brewer, Jefferson). Those six players all have potential to lead a team... yes, I said lead. The Timberwolves don't need a number one pick to excel next season, they have already got what it takes, now they just need to build chemistry. Way to win the season out Timberwolves, show Detroit what we're about Tuesday night... GO WOLVES!
I'm a fan also. I've watched many blowout losses & many surprising wins the last few years. We do need a Beasley or Rose. We need Rose because he's a great point guard & has great potential. Telfair is nice, but he's a back-up. Jaric isn't a point guard & he doesn't want to be here. Beasley would be great to team him next to Jefferson. This is a two player draft. After that the next 10 or so players are all about the same talent wise. We can't let McHale make a decision on this. We need the 1st or 2nd pick so it's a no brainer. Beasley's gone so we take Rose etc. As far as the players listed, Al Jefferson is the only one who has done anything. Yes all have shown glimpses of talent, but players can look great playing for a bad team. I can't really see any free agents of any value coming here unless we overpay for them. All the established players want to go to Boston, San Antonio, Detroit, Phoenix.....why would they come here? They all want rings & we're not close to being .500. It isn't going to happen, but I'd like to see what a veteran coach could do to lead this team. I don't think Wittman is the right guy to do that.
Brent

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Apr 14, 2008
Wishful thinking:

Somehow we end up with the #1 overall pick and draft Derrick Rose, fire Randy Wittless and Hire Larry Brown as coach / GM..
JAM

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Apr 14, 2008
why are they even winning i mean all the fan want then to lose to get good draft pick
d mcclay

Owasso, OK

#8 Apr 14, 2008
Greg- Chanhassen wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a fan also. I've watched many blowout losses & many surprising wins the last few years. We do need a Beasley or Rose. We need Rose because he's a great point guard & has great potential. Telfair is nice, but he's a back-up. Jaric isn't a point guard & he doesn't want to be here. Beasley would be great to team him next to Jefferson. This is a two player draft. After that the next 10 or so players are all about the same talent wise. We can't let McHale make a decision on this. We need the 1st or 2nd pick so it's a no brainer. Beasley's gone so we take Rose etc. As far as the players listed, Al Jefferson is the only one who has done anything. Yes all have shown glimpses of talent, but players can look great playing for a bad team. I can't really see any free agents of any value coming here unless we overpay for them. All the established players want to go to Boston, San Antonio, Detroit, Phoenix.....why would they come here? They all want rings & we're not close to being .500. It isn't going to happen, but I'd like to see what a veteran coach could do to lead this team. I don't think Wittman is the right guy to do that.
greg is right on. free agents will not come to T-wolves until things turn around.
getting rid of Jaric would be the next step,
Snake

Fond Du Lac, WI

#9 Apr 15, 2008
The Timberwolves are flirting with disaster by wining these games. By wining their last two games they could even catch NY and the Clippers at 23 wins.

We do not want to end up picking 5th or 6th with Beasley, Rose, Mayo, B. Lopez all gone. Many other top players in the draft are not a fit for the Wolves. Gordon and Bayless too much like Foye. Anthony Randolph(LSU) means Al Jeff stays at C where he is undersized and will wear down.
Play keep away

Boise, ID

#10 Apr 15, 2008
The Wolves and their fans have paid a steep price, one entire season of inept basketball, in order to unload much of the NBA dregs that McFail had saddled them with.
Now all Taylor has to do is keep him as far away as possible from the draft and any decisions on player contracts. If not, they will end up with another team full of long-term, guaranteed money, players who have never, and will never, become legitimate talents.
Kevin, do those of us who still like Wolves basketball, a huge favor and head back up to Hibbing, I understand it will be fishing season up that way soon.
What up

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Apr 15, 2008
Play keep away wrote:
The Wolves and their fans have paid a steep price, one entire season of inept basketball, in order to unload much of the NBA dregs that McFail had saddled them with.
Now all Taylor has to do is keep him as far away as possible from the draft and any decisions on player contracts. If not, they will end up with another team full of long-term, guaranteed money, players who have never, and will never, become legitimate talents.

Kevin, do those of us who still like Wolves basketball, a huge favor and head back up to Hibbing, I understand it will be fishing season up that way soon.
Yes, we have paid a steep price. Unfortunately I don't see Taylor pulling the plug on McFail or Randy Wittless. So we're stuck with dumb & dumber for next year as well. Taylor has actually said he enjoys watching the team the way it's currently made up. Keep watching Glen, because if they play like this next year you'll be the only one in the Target center. During the 12 year K.G. experiment that McHale ruined, I just wanted 2-3 years of someone else running the team to see what could be done. We should have kept Cassell, drafted Josh Howard, kept Brandon Roy etc & along with K.G. that would have been a decent start.
wink

Lakeville, MN

#12 Apr 16, 2008
the wolves need to get rid of mchale and wittman bring in coach brown even though he's 60 plus along with an expienced gm not a former player with no expience let him go fishing like he wants to.yes they need a center so al can play power forward how about okufar give them jaric craig smith send walker to the showers so he can go and retire a year late spend some money on free agents. draft rose or even mayo let foye play off guard sign gomes for three position bulk up brewer or even trade him to get a center kept synder he at lest plays hard both ways let richards devolop for he has good potional maybe than would be fun to watch they were not bad at times this year but were to inconciecaton spelling bad go wolves .have to cheer for kg as longtime celtic fan here moved from beantown to msp in 1985

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kirk Snyder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ex-NBA player Kirk Snyder ordered back to Ohio ... (Dec '09) Feb '13 Ginobili 4
Minnesota Timberwolves extend qualifying offers... (Jul '08) Jul '08 Fred 17
"Cavs Trade LeBron To The Timberwolves" Trade M... (May '08) May '08 doug 1
Wolves end horrible season with OT win against ... (Apr '08) Apr '08 flafan is a coward 12
Minnesota Timberwolves rookie Corey Brewer want... (Apr '08) Apr '08 JOHN 1
Nash has 14 points, 11 assists in three quarter... (Apr '08) Apr '08 AllanCee 2
Minnesota Timberwolves are fabulous in the four... (Mar '08) Mar '08 diehard Wolves fan 2

Kirk Snyder People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE