Chicago Bulls beat Washington Wizards...

Chicago Bulls beat Washington Wizards 101-99

There are 83 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 23, 2009, titled Chicago Bulls beat Washington Wizards 101-99. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Start practicing the chant, the one that pairs Detroit with a word that rhymes with pucks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Stephen

Houston, TX

#1 Mar 23, 2009
Well...... at least they won.
techenhance

United States

#2 Mar 23, 2009
Yeah...I'll take an ugly win over any kind of loss. As D. Rose matures, the Bulls will do a better job of holding a lead down the stretch.
GTRz

Singapore, Singapore

#3 Mar 23, 2009
Why everytime Bulls' game had dramatic ending? Can we play more confortably? About playoff, we should be aiming @ 6 position or even 5 if possible. It will be much easier to fight Magic or Hawk compare to C's or even Cav! Please work harder! Who knows we can go to Eastern Championship ..*finger crossed*...
El Tee

Belton, TX

#4 Mar 23, 2009
I will never understand Vinnie Del Negro. When Ben stinks up the place, he lets him play 40 minutes, when he gets hot, he sits him for nearly the entire 4th quarter. I believe that VDN is reading this forum. He's being influenced by the posters!!
Mel

Cicero, IL

#5 Mar 23, 2009
Unless Tyrus is WIDE open please tell him to stop shooting jumpers. Attacking the basket is his bread and butter. His first step is very good. But shooting missed jumpers just makes the Bulls' offense flat-footed and puts the Bulls' defense automatically in backpedaling transition. For this summer Tyrus needs to a) put in another 3,000 jump shots per day and b) learn back to the basket moves over and over and over again.
Jody

North Tonawanda, NY

#7 Mar 23, 2009
With only 3 road games left and only 2 .500+ teams left to play, the Bulls need to wrap up this 8th spot. At least for Rose and his efforts this year. They also owe it to him and themselves to improve in the offseason as well. Kind of like they owed it to Jordan in 84-85. Because as much as Rose loves Chi-town, he'll move on. And I know nobody wants to see Rose in a Laker or Celtic jersey. So as lame as the 8th spot sounds, there is still motivation for it. Oh, and they owe it to us fans who have suffered the last 11 years. Just a few reasons that going out and making it happen for 11 games isn't meaningless.
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#8 Mar 23, 2009
Mel wrote:
Unless Tyrus is WIDE open please tell him to stop shooting jumpers. Attacking the basket is his bread and butter. His first step is very good. But shooting missed jumpers just makes the Bulls' offense flat-footed and puts the Bulls' defense automatically in backpedaling transition. For this summer Tyrus needs to a) put in another 3,000 jump shots per day and b) learn back to the basket moves over and over and over again.
Tyrus is getting there, but we are sure running out of patience.
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#9 Mar 23, 2009
Jody wrote:
With only 3 road games left and only 2 .500+ teams left to play, the Bulls need to wrap up this 8th spot. At least for Rose and his efforts this year. They also owe it to him and themselves to improve in the offseason as well. Kind of like they owed it to Jordan in 84-85. Because as much as Rose loves Chi-town, he'll move on. And I know nobody wants to see Rose in a Laker or Celtic jersey. So as lame as the 8th spot sounds, there is still motivation for it. Oh, and they owe it to us fans who have suffered the last 11 years. Just a few reasons that going out and making it happen for 11 games isn't meaningless.
Another Rose licker.
He's NOT THAT GOOD yet.
And he's got a LONG way to go.
John Anthony

United States

#10 Mar 24, 2009
The Wiz equal an NBDL team...but a nice win...
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#11 Mar 24, 2009
Almost a ridiculous giveaway.
ProfessorGAC

Channahon, IL

#12 Mar 24, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>Another Rose licker.
He's NOT THAT GOOD yet.
And he's got a LONG way to go.
You just continue to prove you don't watch the games.
Lamar

New York, NY

#13 Mar 24, 2009
What was Vinny thinking yesterday ? Ben Gordon saved his butt. Yeah Ben played like crap in the first half, but you can't keep a good shooter down ! Lets not forget folks, Gordon did not play the entire 2nd quarter & guess what we did not lead once in the 2nd. But when he comes out in the third attacking the basket aggressively & giving the team a spark by helping take the lead & putting the Bulls up 10, he had 14pts in the third. Vinny takes him out for 8mins. and what happened to the lead ?

Now for all those who says Gordon is a streaky shooter, he is not, he is a damn scorer. How do you sit someone for 8mins & all of a sudden when you need to score you bring him in. But what does BG do he knocks down 2 straight jumpers to give them the lead & made some good passes to Tyrus & Salmons.

Tyrus, please play your game (stay around the basket). He played good until the 4th qtr. One thing is when the team needs to score he should not be shooting the ball unless its a dunk. He needs to understand that when he sets picks for Rose or Gordon, Tyrus needs to get out of the way & roll to the damn basket (there is your highlights). To many times does Tyrus pop out for a jumper instead of rolling. All that does is bring an extra defender to the ball, teams know to let Tyrus take that shot.

Rose & Salmons played well. Brad Miller cannot be on the floor without Noah or Tyrus. He is to slow & not athleticx at all. When we need those big defensive rebs Tyrus & Noah should be in.
Lamar

New York, NY

#14 Mar 24, 2009
I think Vinny should go with a three guard squad a little more. Salmons is playing a lot of minutes & if we do make the playoffs, we are going to need him at full strength.

Noah needs to bulk up a lot, Im tired of seeing him miss dunks. Yes he has improved but, those plays around the basket come on man ! he is 7ft my god.

Hinrich, wehn you come in the game for Rose, its to set up your teammates not looking for your shot, thats why you have Gordon & Salmons on the floor with you. I don't understand that, you have 2 20pts scorers on your team, they should be the first guys you should involve in the offense. sheeesh !

The league does not want the Bulls in the playoffs, another night of bad calls. Rose & Gordon were getting mugged going to the rim everytime.

Stewie Griffin has a jumpshot lol
Jimmy Joe

Gardiner, ME

#15 Mar 24, 2009
Give the Bulls credit for a road win, tough for all teams regardless of the opponent
CalChiFan

Tustin, CA

#16 Mar 24, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>Another Rose licker.
He's NOT THAT GOOD yet.
And he's got a LONG way to go.
Surf, I'm interested to know why you say this. At this point in his career he is comparable to any allstar point guard in the league when they were rookies. He has more skills than Parker when he was rookie, he did not have the collegiate time that Paul had yet his skills are comparable to Paul when he was a rookie, and remember Steve Nash had Nowitzki when he came in the league. All this with a bonehead coach and general manager. Imagine if any of those 3 had played for VDN with Paxson as GM. Could they have flourished? He needs to improve his jump shot and knowledge of the pro game but in terms of pure skill, you can probably only name 3-4 point guards in the league that's better than him right now. Look at Devin Harris. Do you think Devin Harris, who had a substantial college career unlike Rose, had more skills than Rose when Harris was a rookie? And remember, Harris played his rookie year with a solid franchise i.e. Dallas. Put Rose on a franchise like that and he might have been an allstar this year. Yes he has flaws but, do you think he isn't as good or better than guys like Rondo, Baron Davis, Farmar, Fisher, Chalmers, or anyone else outside of the 4 I mentioned earlier?
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#17 Mar 24, 2009
1/2 a basketball team does NOT deserve 2 be playing in the playoffs. This team has more holes than a golf course.
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#18 Mar 24, 2009
Lamar wrote:
What was Vinny thinking yesterday ? Ben Gordon saved his butt. Yeah Ben played like crap in the first half, but you can't keep a good shooter down ! Lets not forget folks, Gordon did not play the entire 2nd quarter & guess what we did not lead once in the 2nd. But when he comes out in the third attacking the basket aggressively & giving the team a spark by helping take the lead & putting the Bulls up 10, he had 14pts in the third. Vinny takes him out for 8mins. and what happened to the lead ?
Now for all those who says Gordon is a streaky shooter, he is not, he is a damn scorer. How do you sit someone for 8mins & all of a sudden when you need to score you bring him in. But what does BG do he knocks down 2 straight jumpers to give them the lead & made some good passes to Tyrus & Salmons.
Tyrus, please play your game (stay around the basket). He played good until the 4th qtr. One thing is when the team needs to score he should not be shooting the ball unless its a dunk. He needs to understand that when he sets picks for Rose or Gordon, Tyrus needs to get out of the way & roll to the damn basket (there is your highlights). To many times does Tyrus pop out for a jumper instead of rolling. All that does is bring an extra defender to the ball, teams know to let Tyrus take that shot.
Rose & Salmons played well. Brad Miller cannot be on the floor without Noah or Tyrus. He is to slow & not athleticx at all. When we need those big defensive rebs Tyrus & Noah should be in.
Let the Gordon angle go, the sons of Scott Skiles on this board just don't get it about him. When you have people clamoring for Thabo instead of Gordon, you have to realize the "mind"set of people who are killing him.

ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#19 Mar 24, 2009
Mgray wrote:
1/2 a basketball team does NOT deserve 2 be playing in the playoffs. This team has more holes than a golf course.
KG might not be at full strength which makes finishing 7th so important. It is all about the playoffs, once you get in who knows what will happen. The Bulls are a dangerous team on offense. If they tweak the defense and start fighting through screens, the defense would dramatically improve. Of course you need coaching to do something like that.

Since: Dec 08

Chicago, IL

#20 Mar 24, 2009
Gordon's man defense was actually key in preventing Wizards baskets on the last two possessions. It would be great to see him defend with that intensity throughout the game. He also had a couple of really nice assists off shot-fakes. Honestly, I was surprised that his teammates were still looking for the pass at that point.

I'm undecided on whether I'd like to see Gordon on the Bulls long-term. I'd probably rather see him moved for another piece in a sign-and-trade. But for those people who can't wait to get rid of him, this game should make them check their assumptions.
allstarz77

Riverdale, IL

#21 Mar 24, 2009
The Bulls didn't beat the Wizards, they just didn't lose to the Wizards. I'm starting to become a little disgusted with how the Bulls are giving away or close to giving away these games to terrible teams. The main culprit is shot selection and ball control. Kudos for reeling the Wiz back in, but when you have a game well in control at the end of the game.....control the game. You have Tyrus shooting wild shots and everyone throwing lazy passes. The Bulls really need to tighten it up....because if and when they do make the playoffs, the cream of the East is not going to allow a winnable game like that get away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kirk Hinrich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Chicago Bulls Steal Devin Harris, Dallas Mav... (May '14) May '14 andy 4
News Bulls stun Miami in East series 'opener' (May '13) May '13 Ginobili 7
News White House Praises NBA's Jason Collins (Apr '13) May '13 Juan0842 33
News Does Healthy Derrick Rose Give Chicago Bulls Fi... (Mar '13) Apr '13 Frog 3
News Chicago Bulls vs. Minnesota Timberwolves: Live ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Joel 1
News Point Guard Situation: Nate or Kirk? (Feb '13) Mar '13 Elvin Morales 13
News Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
More from around the web