Chicago Bulls beat Boston Celtics in ...

Chicago Bulls beat Boston Celtics in triple overtime

There are 93 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 30, 2009, titled Chicago Bulls beat Boston Celtics in triple overtime. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

It's the fourth quarter Thursday night, and a fan sitting behind me asks a question of no one in particular: "What the hell is happening?" Actually, it's more of a plaintive cry than a question.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Truth police

Chicago, IL

#88 May 1, 2009
Balltyme2 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you dont remember Michael getting all in Reggie Miller's face in the conference finals, but of course it was Michael the refs were not going to T him up.
Impossible to remember that, because it didn't happen.

Something similar to what you describe happened in 1993, but the Pacers and Miller were nowhere near the conference finals in 1993.

Jordan did get a T. Miller got tossed.

Since: Sep 07

Chicago

#89 May 1, 2009
True Dat wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah what I remember is Jordan trying to scratch out Reggie Miller's eyes like a little girl.
You dare to mock Mr. Jordan? You're fired.
SonoraSam

Chandler, AZ

#90 May 1, 2009
Hey Todd Buttocks, if the President is scaring you, he's must be doing something right. Go Bulls!
Dark Knight

Wheaton, IL

#91 May 1, 2009
Formerly Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY! Even the announcers said they should be taking it to the hole. You'd either hit the 2, and win. Or take a foul, hit 1 free throw, and win.
But NOOOOOOOO! Mr. Gordon has dreams of being Mr. Jordan. NOT! That could very well have cost us the game.
Glitch is talking about a different play...
Mike in Tampa

New York, NY

#92 May 1, 2009
I watched the first game of this series and it was excellent. Then after watching the second thrilling game something just seemed different or dare I say special about it. In the third game the Bulls blinked in the battle of wills and ego but that was the last time they blinked. If the NBA could somehow capture and bottle the intensity and drama of what has been unfolding in Boston & Chicago and reproduce it? If the Bulls can control their nerves and the refs don't do what NBA refs often do to the visiting teams in game 7 this will truly be one series for the ages.
Dark Knight

Wheaton, IL

#93 May 1, 2009
Formerly Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY! Even the announcers said they should be taking it to the hole. You'd either hit the 2, and win. Or take a foul, hit 1 free throw, and win.
But NOOOOOOOO! Mr. Gordon has dreams of being Mr. Jordan. NOT! That could very well have cost us the game.
Glitch is talking about a different play:

Glitch wrote:
So, you have the lead with 23.5 seconds left. You don't *have* to shoot the ball at all. You certainly don't have to shoot it within 2 seconds. The bulls do just that (and MISS). Make or miss, you basically give the celtics the ball with a lot of time left. They got *lucky* on that one...
Meatman

Vienna, VA

#94 May 1, 2009
Damon wrote:
I can't take much more of these games. I know my neighbors cant stand me because of my yelling. As a Chicagoan living in DC, I wished I was home in the worst way.
I feel you man!!I am in Alexandria and I find myself talking and celebrating by myself.Or my wife would be a sweetheart and pretend she is excited and happy for our beloved Bulls.
Betty Queen

Gainesville, FL

#95 May 1, 2009
This has to be the greatest series ever.......Joakim has brought his infectious style to the Bulls and they have bought into it! Of course I am a Gator and loved him at the U of F here in Gainesville. The Bulls have so many amazing players and now that they all seem to be on the same page they are unreal. Go Bulls!
Betty Queen

Gainesville, FL

#96 May 1, 2009
Joakim has brought his style of play to the Bulls and they seemed to have bought into it. This is the most amazing series I ever saw. I'm a Gator from Noah's U of F and love him to death. My family room has several pictures of him showing his style and determination. I thought my heart would stop when he stole the ball and dunked it. All the guys are really playing like The Champs they can be!
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#97 May 1, 2009
Liberal and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew it, I just knew it. I told people it was his fault.
So nobama08 ,change has come to america, etc. why haven't you made an appearance in this column. Oh, that's right, the title doesn't mention Obama and that's how you track all those articles down and then post your monotonous posts over and over again ( I mean "Ask Dog Lady"? Come on). So tell me. Do the "swift boaters" pay you by the length of your diatribe or by how many newspapers/columns/articles you post to?
I'm with ya, but don't bring that crap here.
NumberNine

Bradenton, FL

#98 May 2, 2009
Dark Knight wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and while you are at it, try educating yourself and learn some grammar, Mr. "effected".
Is that all you have to say? That was no fun! I guess I'll wait for a better response.
BearsFan2

Bradenton, FL

#99 May 2, 2009
Nick A in Deerfield wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think it would translate to the NBA. I am happy I was wrong...although he is still pretty goofy. But he be goofy all he wants as he continues to put together a legit NBA game.
Never saw Longley or Perdue do that!!! Heck, come to think of it, never saw Shaq or Kareem do it either. Walton??? Maybe, but I doubt it.
Michael lowe

Brooklyn, NY

#100 May 2, 2009
the bulls r lucky garnett has swine flu

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kirk Hinrich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Chicago Bulls Steal Devin Harris, Dallas Mav... (May '14) May '14 andy 4
News Bulls stun Miami in East series 'opener' (May '13) May '13 Ginobili 7
News White House Praises NBA's Jason Collins (Apr '13) May '13 Juan0842 33
News Does Healthy Derrick Rose Give Chicago Bulls Fi... (Mar '13) Apr '13 Frog 3
News Chicago Bulls vs. Minnesota Timberwolves: Live ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Joel 1
News Point Guard Situation: Nate or Kirk? (Feb '13) Mar '13 Elvin Morales 13
News Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
More from around the web