Chicago Bulls beat Boston Celtics in triple overtime

There are 20 comments on the Apr 30, 2009, Chicago Tribune story titled Chicago Bulls beat Boston Celtics in triple overtime. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

It's the fourth quarter Thursday night, and a fan sitting behind me asks a question of no one in particular: "What the hell is happening?" Actually, it's more of a plaintive cry than a question.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Isaac C

West Chester, OH

#1 Apr 30, 2009
My heart stopped a couple of times. At times I was begging for the game to end, Bulls win or lose. Yeah.... we witnessed greatness.
Gene Genie

Chicago, IL

#2 Apr 30, 2009
Simply amazing. Has Ray Allen is so clutch...
tyger

Council Bluffs, IA

#3 Apr 30, 2009
Didn't you write a column at the beginning of the year about how the Bulls should just "cut" Noah? You know, something unheard of in the NBA? I thought you did..... Am I wrong?
smith

Bend, OR

#4 Apr 30, 2009
Wow Morrisey, wow!! Only one thing matters now. It's not the fact that you wanted to dump Noah back in January. It's not the fact that D'Antoni would have this bunch at 50+ wins and comfortably in round 2 by now. Only thing that matters is kicking some Celtic butt in game 7. In at least a couple of OTs of course.
Tim L

Anaheim, CA

#5 Apr 30, 2009
EPIC GAME - Glad I witnessed history tonight. Morrissey, great recap... but you forget to mention the critical error by Eddie House on his 2-pointer at the end of the third OT. If he had run to the correct spot on the floor and hit a 3 instead of a 2 - we would've likely had a FOURTH OVERTIME. I wish they would release a DVD of this series.
gophers

Schenectady, NY

#6 Apr 30, 2009
Rick,

Time to admit you were wrong about Noah. He is a disruptive force and a momentum changer. He's a keeper.
Chuck D of Valpo

Valparaiso, IN

#7 Apr 30, 2009
At the risk of being redundant, this game was a barn burner. Yes Rick, you have to give your props to Noah. That young man has heart and his enthusiasm is contagious with his teammates. That makes for good chemistry.
Somewhere Norm Van Lear and Johnny Kerr are smiling.
Eddie Mathis

Apache Junction, AZ

#9 Apr 30, 2009
As a lifelong Bulls fan now living in Phoenix, I am loving this! GO BULLS!! If the Bulls can find a way to guard the 3 point line and fight through picks, game 7 can be won by our Bulls.
robert b

Lafayette, IN

#10 Apr 30, 2009
Todd Bullocks wrote:
If I'm this exhausted, what must the players be feeling? I'm not sure what's scarier right now. Thinking I might have swine flu, a game seven in Boston, or Obama's going to be our president for another 3.5 years?
Obama is scary? I don't get it. I'd think swine flu is worse than Obama. He's trying to help. Swine flu is literally trying to kill you. The Bulls...stressful, but entertaining. I'll take Obama, then Bulls, then flu and everything else.
Hoopi

Buffalo Grove, IL

#11 Apr 30, 2009
Just out: Bulls-Celtics series will be made into an action-thriller BLOCKBUSTER movie for summer 2010. The title, as you might ecpect:

"The adventures of my Cousin Vinny"

Go Bulls...you got all our respect and support...thanks for letting us witness NBA history in the making! Bulls all the way!!!!

Since: Mar 09

Deerfield IL

#12 Apr 30, 2009
I take back all the bad things I ever have said about Joakim. Bozo no more. Great game Jo!

Since: Mar 09

Deerfield IL

#13 Apr 30, 2009
Not sure why the profanity filter stopped me calling Joakim by his short name J O !
So I will say it again more formally. Great game Joakim!
Hilsto

United States

#14 Apr 30, 2009
Rondo is officially off his medication. What is going on in his head? Since dirty won him one game he thought he'd try it again even though supposedly the NBA was going to be watching this one closely? Oh, I know. He was going for the ball...

Since: Sep 07

Chicago

#15 Apr 30, 2009
Why in the hell, at the end of the first two overtimes, did the Bulls not foul when they were up by three? hey obviously had no answer for Allen all night. Why let him keep killing them. Del Negro has to go.
Rob

Arlington Heights, IL

#16 Apr 30, 2009
Why exactly should Kirk Hinrich have been ejected, Rick? What is he supposed to do after Rondo throw him into the stands, just get up and pretend like nothing happened? Rondo should have been ejected, and Hinrich shouldn't have been penalized. But whatever, game over, Bulls win.
Keith

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Apr 30, 2009
My wife never watches sports. She did today as I told her about the OTs and screamed he is out of time as Rondo launched.
zentheredonethat

West Bend, WI

#18 Apr 30, 2009
Holy crap. I am going to have a flacken heart attack from this series. It is so great to have that "Feeling" with the Bullies again. Noah is weird, but he is our weird and I love his contagoius enthusiasm. Kirk is a warrior, and I teared up a few times during the game seeing him battling and thinking about those crappy Bulls teams he was around for. Rose is just good people and a great athlete. We are fortunate to have him on our team. Ben, although he gives me fits with his stubborness and not passing out of triple teams, IS a clutch guy and plays bigger than his stature.

..........Not sure my heart can take a game seven, but if not........what a kewl way to go.
mack the knife

Beirut, Lebanon

#19 May 1, 2009
Its nuts!!! Its great!!! Its our Bulls!!!
brian wilson

Girard, OH

#21 May 1, 2009
Eddie Mathis wrote:
As a lifelong Bulls fan now living in Phoenix, I am loving this! GO BULLS!! If the Bulls can find a way to guard the 3 point line and fight through picks, game 7 can be won by our Bulls.
What's up Eddie?
terry t

United States

#24 May 1, 2009
who did ray allen score all of those 51 points on?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kirk Hinrich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Chicago Bulls Steal Devin Harris, Dallas Mav... (May '14) May '14 andy 4
News Bulls stun Miami in East series 'opener' (May '13) May '13 Ginobili 7
News White House Praises NBA's Jason Collins (Apr '13) May '13 Juan0842 33
News Does Healthy Derrick Rose Give Chicago Bulls Fi... (Mar '13) Apr '13 Frog 3
News Chicago Bulls vs. Minnesota Timberwolves: Live ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Joel 1
News Point Guard Situation: Nate or Kirk? (Feb '13) Mar '13 Elvin Morales 13
News Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
More from around the web