Chicago Bulls playoff newcomers did just fine

There are 19 comments on the Apr 18, 2009, Chicago Tribune story titled Chicago Bulls playoff newcomers did just fine. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

With 41 minutes of playing time Saturday, John Salmons more than doubled his previous playoff total.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

BearsFan2

Bradenton, FL

#1 Apr 19, 2009
Way to go Noah. You're proving a lot of "amateur experts" and "Mr. Know-It-Alls" who write in dead wrong about you.

Go Gators!!!
bear down

Round Rock, TX

#2 Apr 19, 2009
Just wondering where are all the anti bull fans that said bulls didn`t have a chance

Since: Aug 08

Springfield, IL

#3 Apr 19, 2009
Noah and Tyrus were off the hook. It must continue in game 2. Salmons, Gordon, and Miller need to go off. You need to hit more threes in game 2(Salmons and Gordon). Thibedau will make adjustments. Bulls need to put players in different roles/areas of the court as drivers/give different looks. Mega spacing beyond the three to give Rose, Salmons, and Ben Gordon room to drive/operate. They're going to double more, and Noah and Tyrus better be ready to drive agressively with no hesitation and attack the basket. Boston will come with a lot more defensive fire in game two. Bulls coaches(and players) better be ready with adjustments and counter measures to attack because good defenses always overplay to shut you down, and you have to be willing to do the unexpected. Believe it or not Noah and Tyrus are good enough dribbling the ball in open spaces to take advantage, and drive to the basket. But the Bulls coaches better be up for the task. Go Bulls.
Hank

Marcus Hook, PA

#4 Apr 19, 2009
I'm just glad, that Noah, can now shut the critics up! The kid is a proven winner, he has to much passion and heart to roll over and die! These kids can play, Noah, Tyrus and of course D.Rose, I'm loving it!.....But I do agree Boston is gonna come out at them like a bat outta hell!

GO BULLS!
Rod from Tennessee

AOL

#5 Apr 19, 2009
Considering the circumstances i thought the ref calling Noah for a foul with 2.6 secs. was lame. even if contact was there. It did not affect Pierce's shot and a no call could just as easily been justified. But i suppose those are the calls ex champs get in a game 1 on their home court. The call that really had me questioning just how much help were the refs trying to give Boston, was when they called the 3 second call on the Bulls with 50 something seconds left in regulation. That's a call that's very seldon made at any point in a game, especially in the final minute of a post season game. And even if it was a legit call, it was made at the 3.1 second mark, because i dont think there was a person in that arena that saw that call coming.
Ron

Chicago, IL

#6 Apr 19, 2009
Good luck because these games will get wild
Nada Surf

B M Goldwater A F Range, AZ

#7 Apr 19, 2009
CentrILMark wrote:
Noah and Tyrus were off the hook. It must continue in game 2. Salmons, Gordon, and Miller need to go off. You need to hit more threes in game 2(Salmons and Gordon). Thibedau will make adjustments. Bulls need to put players in different roles/areas of the court as drivers/give different looks. Mega spacing beyond the three to give Rose, Salmons, and Ben Gordon room to drive/operate. They're going to double more, and Noah and Tyrus better be ready to drive agressively with no hesitation and attack the basket. Boston will come with a lot more defensive fire in game two. Bulls coaches(and players) better be ready with adjustments and counter measures to attack because good defenses always overplay to shut you down, and you have to be willing to do the unexpected. Believe it or not Noah and Tyrus are good enough dribbling the ball in open spaces to take advantage, and drive to the basket. But the Bulls coaches better be up for the task. Go Bulls.
More expert analysis:

"Noah and Tyrus were off the hook. It must continue in game 2." (No kidding? Those two guys have to play well throughout the entire series?)

"Salmons, Gordon, and Miller need to go off." (Why? Even though none of the three "went of " in Game 1 and the Bulls still won.)

"Thibedau will make adjustments." (Thanks. I don't think any of us realized that assistant coaches made adjustments during the playoffs.)

"Bulls need to put players in different roles/areas of the court as drivers/give different looks." (Wouldn't that take a lot of planning and practice?")

"They're going to double more, and Noah and Tyrus better be ready to drive agressively with no hesitation and attack the basket." (Can someone here at Topix get this important message over to these two guys right away? I didn't realize Boston would double two players that Topix posters don't like very much.)

"Boston will come with a lot more defensive fire in game two." (I take it you've spoken with them?)

"Bulls coaches(and players) better be ready with adjustments and counter measures to attack because good defenses always overplay to shut you down, and you have to be willing to do the unexpected." (Gosh. How about the Bulls just give them Game 2 if they're going to do that and head on back to Chicago for Game 3.)

"Believe it or not Noah and Tyrus are good enough dribbling the ball in open spaces to take advantage, and drive to the basket." (Have you finally given these two the go-ahead to dribble the ball, Mark? Let's also get this message to them.)

"But the Bulls coaches better be up for the task. Go Bulls." (This is a warning that would strike fear in anyone.)

This expert analysis was brought to you by Central Mark's ass.
Mgray

United States

#8 Apr 19, 2009
One game at a time.....
carl

Edmond, OK

#9 Apr 19, 2009
I'll break game 2 down even more.

To win game two, we must score more points than the Celtics in order to win the game.

(In memory of John Madden...)
Nada Surf

#10 Apr 19, 2009
Mgray wrote:
One game at a time.....
No "When is Paxson resigning" today, Captain Sunshine?
Nada Surf

#11 Apr 19, 2009
carl wrote:
I'll break game 2 down even more.
To win game two, we must score more points than the Celtics in order to win the game.
(In memory of John Madden...)
I just hope Topix can get Central/Mark's brilliant assessment of Game 2 over to the Bulls.
Gosh, who would have thought of some of this stuff?
He's a younger version of Bloomie!
How lucky we are to have those two guys here!
carl

Edmond, OK

#12 Apr 19, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>I just hope Topix can get Central/Mark's brilliant assessment of Game 2 over to the Bulls.
Gosh, who would have thought of some of this stuff?
He's a younger version of Bloomie!
How lucky we are to have those two guys here!
I actually forwarded his assessment to John Paxson himself because it was so good. I hope he gets on the coaching staff.
Nada Surf

#13 Apr 19, 2009
Yep.
Central/Mark has been auditioning for Sportswriter Star Search for several months now, but I think that with his last post, he clearly is something the Bulls could use in their front office or coaching staff.
Tiffany

United States

#14 Apr 19, 2009
you sure aint
Nada Surf

#15 Apr 19, 2009
I'd rather be in the White Sox' front office, anyway.
But I'm also a genius with basketball.
Just look at some of my ideas this season alone!
Nada Surf

#16 Apr 19, 2009
I'm also finished for the night so feel free to make it look as though you get the last word on every single thread on the Bulls' board, Pocho.
Tiffany

United States

#17 Apr 19, 2009
F*ck off gramps
Nada Surf

#18 Apr 20, 2009
You were censored, you vulgar pocho.
Tiffany

United States

#19 Apr 21, 2009
you made me say it,you nasty grandpa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kirk Hinrich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Chicago Bulls Steal Devin Harris, Dallas Mav... (May '14) May '14 andy 4
News Bulls stun Miami in East series 'opener' (May '13) May '13 Ginobili 7
News White House Praises NBA's Jason Collins (Apr '13) May '13 Juan0842 33
News Does Healthy Derrick Rose Give Chicago Bulls Fi... (Mar '13) Apr '13 Frog 3
News Chicago Bulls vs. Minnesota Timberwolves: Live ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Joel 1
News Point Guard Situation: Nate or Kirk? (Feb '13) Mar '13 Elvin Morales 13
News Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
More from around the web