Lakers center Bynum didn't expect All-Star accolade to come his...

There are 19 comments on the Jan 30, 2010, LA Daily News story titled Lakers center Bynum didn't expect All-Star accolade to come his.... In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Andrew Bynum responded to being snubbed for the Western Conference All-Star team with a shrug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

ndongo

Pasadena, CA

#1 Jan 30, 2010
some times trade rumers are good. it may bring the best out of the players involved. if he doesnt want to be traded. there is no smoke without fire. you may not have discussed the trade. but the fans may have discussed it for you base on what they see. it may be a proposition. bunnym has played better lately. the perception may have changed. but he needs to continu to improve on his boxed out of other players and rebounding. 3 rebounds for a 7 footer in a game when the other team keep getting offenssive rebounds time after time specialy in the first quarter against philadelfia look bad for him. he needs to continu to work hard there is room for improvement. he needs to shake off that lazyness mentality that most people think he has. that is the only problem he has that every boddy can clearly see. trust me majority of people usualy do not lie. he may denied it but I think that is reality.
apujac

San Marcos, TX

#2 Jan 30, 2010
bynum mentioned improving his game during the summer. how many of us here really believe he will. if two weeks before preseason games constitute a summer for him, then i, for one believe him.
apujac

San Marcos, TX

#3 Jan 30, 2010
did i mentioned something inappropriate?
rondo

United States

#4 Jan 30, 2010
Jim Buss will not trade Andrew Bynum. Bosh is similar to Lamar Odom what a stupid trade.
aeto

Waianae, HI

#6 Jan 30, 2010
are they crazy? no trade will give the same value for bynum
LAKERLUVER FROM MICHIGAN

Troy, MI

#7 Jan 30, 2010
I'd like to get Kirk H. in that rumored deal. Sasha's just too inconsistent. However, I wouldn't trade Bynum, even if it meant getting Bosh. If we're a finesse team now just imagine us with Bosh. He's a great player, but I feel Bynum's just scratching the surface of his potential.
HARDLY

United States

#8 Jan 30, 2010
3 rebounds and 6 points and less than 30 minutes pretty much all the time....wouldn't called this hardly a plan going accordingly. What a knucklehead!!!

Let's get Stoudemire for lazy/slow/unproductive Bynum.
RATHER SEE

United States

#9 Jan 30, 2010
Rather see some feisty players running up and down the court doing things they are supposed to do instead of a turtle ever so slowly going through yo-yo motion.
bbb

United States

#10 Jan 30, 2010
Hinrich would be a great trade. DO IT please.
DrPhil

Beaumont, CA

#11 Jan 30, 2010
For Bynum to transition to "All Star stautus," he has to play in a more dominant manner, both in offense and defense. In offense, he has to throw the ball down with authoirty, so he can get a three-point opportunity, if someone tries to foul him (like Shaq did before). He needs to fight harder for position, when he is near the net. In defense, he has to take charge of the painted area, as if it was his home turf and dare anyone try to penetrate or shoot over hmi, without fouling them.
BKSD

United States

#12 Jan 30, 2010
I'm not too impressed with Bynum's attitude and work ethic this year. It looks like even players like Marc Gasol are close to surpassing him. Marc Gasol is averaging 15.0/9.6/2.3/1.6 and FG 60% while Bynum is averaging 15.5/8.3/1.3/1.6 and FG 57%.
Gable Fiasko

Orient, OH

#13 Jan 31, 2010
Bynum should go instead of Gasol!!!
NEED TO GO

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Feb 1, 2010
About a third of LAKERS' roster needs to be replaced with players wanting to play and produce, not ride on Kobe's tail.
ginobili

Santa Cruz, CA

#15 Feb 2, 2010
Do not give up on Bynum too early, Jerry West says that the young man have all the makings to be a super star one day. Perhaps his erratic play is from his ailing knee.
LETS GET

Van Nuys, CA

#16 Feb 2, 2010
Let's trade STOUDEMIRE for lazy/unproductive/unmotivated ANDREW and some.
toni

Iloilo, Philippines

#17 Feb 2, 2010
pls.don't trade sasha vujacic..he's a great loss..he is a true laker and a good player.many will be disappointed if he'll be traded..
Water Boy

Stanton, CA

#18 Feb 2, 2010
toni wrote:
pls.don't trade sasha vujacic..he's a great loss..he is a true laker and a good player.many will be disappointed if he'll be traded..
Toni, I appreciate your allegiance however, I dont see where you find him to be a good player other than from the Ft line.

In the playoffs, hes even more useless.

He averages approximately the same minutes season to playoffs and through both, ineffecient and a detriment to the team.

He sucks.

TYPICALLY

Long Beach, CA

#19 Feb 4, 2010
Typically what happens when LAKERS trade a play like him is that he comes back as an opponent players and scores the heck out of LAKERS to show how sorry the LAKERS should be for trading him.

Sasha definitely fits into that catagory and he should find a way to get out of this pit hole he is in in order for him to stay as LAKERS.. Wish him luck!
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#21 Feb 5, 2010
TYPICALLY wrote:
Typically what happens when LAKERS trade a play like him is that he comes back as an opponent players and scores the heck out of LAKERS to show how sorry the LAKERS should be for trading him.
Sasha definitely fits into that catagory and he should find a way to get out of this pit hole he is in in order for him to stay as LAKERS.. Wish him luck!
Thats why they cant trade Bynum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kirk Hinrich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Chicago Bulls Steal Devin Harris, Dallas Mav... (May '14) May '14 andy 4
News Bulls stun Miami in East series 'opener' (May '13) May '13 Ginobili 7
News White House Praises NBA's Jason Collins (Apr '13) May '13 Juan0842 33
News Does Healthy Derrick Rose Give Chicago Bulls Fi... (Mar '13) Apr '13 Frog 3
News Chicago Bulls vs. Minnesota Timberwolves: Live ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Joel 1
News Point Guard Situation: Nate or Kirk? (Feb '13) Mar '13 Elvin Morales 13
News Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
More from around the web