Physical play nearly turns to brawl

Physical play nearly turns to brawl

There are 10 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 30, 2009, titled Physical play nearly turns to brawl. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

An already physical series nearly turned ugly in the waning seconds of the first quarter when Rajon Rondo threw Kirk Hinrich into the scorer's table as the guards became entangled running upcourt and Hinrich retaliated with a running shove.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Isaac C

West Chester, OH

#1 Apr 30, 2009
Is it just me or I thought I saw Vinny Del Negro and Aaron Gray restraining Hinrich. At the time I thought Gray came off the bench area (even if to restrain his team mate) and thus would incur a suspension. Anyone can clarify this?
Brian

Safety Harbor, FL

#2 Apr 30, 2009
Rondo should be suspended for throwing a punch at Hinrich.
Rondo sucks

Coal City, IL

#3 Apr 30, 2009
no aaron gray was put in the game right before the incident
From IL to FL

Stuart, FL

#4 Apr 30, 2009
Isaac C wrote:
Is it just me or I thought I saw Vinny Del Negro and Aaron Gray restraining Hinrich. At the time I thought Gray came off the bench area (even if to restrain his team mate) and thus would incur a suspension. Anyone can clarify this?
Fair enough, suspend Gray and Rondo.
cityboy1961

Carpentersville, IL

#5 Apr 30, 2009
Great game and a great finish! Now on to Boston to wrap it up!
Cam

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Apr 30, 2009
Fortunately, Ernie Johnson and Charles Barkley said there was no punch thrown by Rondo. I must be seeing things.

Anywho, we know the NBA doesn't have the guts to do the right thing.
Swine Flu

Chicago, IL

#7 Apr 30, 2009
Let Rondo play, I say. He sucks. He actually seemed rattled by the crowd booing him every time he touched the ball. Late in the game, you want him there, wide-open, to clang the potential game winning shot off of the front or back of the rim.
crafty b

Crystal Lake, IL

#8 May 1, 2009
Un.... fracking... believable...
NumberNine

Bradenton, FL

#9 May 1, 2009
I recall Scott Skiles saying if he was a rookie (referring to Noah), that he wouldn't be talking about veterans wanting to win or not.

Remember that?

Guess that's why Skiles is gone.
liquid

Chicago, IL

#10 May 1, 2009
Noah, Miller, Salmons...Holla at cho boyz!

Sicky game!

Where are all the tough guys from MA now? haven't seen one post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kirk Hinrich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Chicago Bulls Steal Devin Harris, Dallas Mav... (May '14) May '14 andy 4
News Bulls stun Miami in East series 'opener' (May '13) May '13 Ginobili 7
News White House Praises NBA's Jason Collins (Apr '13) May '13 Juan0842 33
News Does Healthy Derrick Rose Give Chicago Bulls Fi... (Mar '13) Apr '13 Frog 3
News Chicago Bulls vs. Minnesota Timberwolves: Live ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Joel 1
News Point Guard Situation: Nate or Kirk? (Feb '13) Mar '13 Elvin Morales 13
News Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
More from around the web