Coach Vinny Del Negro reflects on 1st...

Coach Vinny Del Negro reflects on 1st season

There are 59 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 3, 2009, titled Coach Vinny Del Negro reflects on 1st season. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

His owner labeled the Bulls ' season "a disaster" and "embarrassing" in late January, and Vinny Del Negro never flinched -- at least publicly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Nada Surf

B M Goldwater A F Range, AZ

#41 May 4, 2009
kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
im not a killer, i just wouldnt lose any sleep if you were killed.
You'd never know.
I've always noticed that sports geeks that sit and yell at television sets are some of the most hateful and miserable in life.
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#42 May 4, 2009
I've always noticed that people who start a sentence with "I've always noticed" tend not to say anything that makes sense after that statement.

It's just something I've always noticed.
kenny

Auburn, WA

#43 May 4, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>You'd never know.
I've always noticed that sports geeks that sit and yell at television sets are some of the most hateful and miserable in life.
im not hateful, not at all. i just wouldnt lose any sleep if you died. and you say im miserable? i actually talk bball 99% of the time...you on the other hand ridicule everybodys posts and give no real basketball knowledge on any of the threads
Nada Surf

#44 May 4, 2009
ATLDre wrote:
I've always noticed that people who start a sentence with "I've always noticed" tend not to say anything that makes sense after that statement.
It's just something I've always noticed.
Well, for certain is happened with your last post.
Nada Surf

#45 May 4, 2009
kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
im not hateful, not at all. i just wouldnt lose any sleep if you died. and you say im miserable? i actually talk bball 99% of the time...you on the other hand ridicule everybodys posts and give no real basketball knowledge on any of the threads
Nah, you're not hateful..."Even though i hope you die a slow, painfull, humiliating death, those links might help a little bit."
Who would have thought that about you?
kenny

Auburn, WA

#46 May 4, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>....
Nah, you're not hateful..."Even though i hope you die a slow, painfull, humiliating death, those links might help a little bit."
Who would have thought that about you?
Just because i hope you die doesnt make me hatefull...it just means that i want the world to be a better place...Because with you dying, thats what the world becomes.
Nada Surf

#47 May 4, 2009
kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because i hope you die doesnt make me hatefull...it just means that i want the world to be a better place...Because with you dying, thats what the world becomes.
How do you know I don't help little old ladies across the street, give money to charity and dedicate much of my time helping others?
Just cuz I hammer a few idiots on a sports' blog?
kenny

Auburn, WA

#48 May 4, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know I don't help little old ladies across the street, give money to charity and dedicate much of my time helping others?
Just cuz I hammer a few idiots on a sports' blog?
BECAUSE i have had more than 1 exchange with you that would lead me to believe that you are a miserable, single, 51 year old virgin...who does nothing for anybody but himself.
Nada Surf

#49 May 4, 2009
kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
BECAUSE i have had more than 1 exchange with you that would lead me to believe that you are a miserable, single, 51 year old virgin...who does nothing for anybody but himself.
So, what would make you think I've never had sex?
You'd wish death on someone that has never had sex?
What kind of a hellion are you?
I'm telling god.
terry t

United States

#50 May 5, 2009
ATLDre wrote:
The VDN bandwagon is growing, which is baffling. This team and defense should not be mentioned in the same paragraph. It would not have taken much on the defensive side of the ball to make this a much better team. Average players were made to look like all-stars this series and people are saying VDN did a good job with what he had. That is complete non-sense. No offensive structure, no defensive structure but he did a good job?? I guess he gets credit for making it to the games. This team has zero post presence also. For them to have made it this far is mind boggling. BG is probably gone and Kirk is going to start to lobby for a trade because knows he is on the bench and only a complete idiot would want him at the 2g spot. This team needs a coach. If possible keep the gaurd rotation as is, keep Salmons at small forward and work on getting a post guy with even moderate offensive talent, send VDN to a coaching clinic and the Bulls will be much better come playoff time next season. Tyrus is a bench player. What a waste of a #4 pick. Amare would have made a huge difference. He doesn't have sf skills and it too little to play PF effectively.
atldre, you are by far the best and most logical poster here!
florida bear

Saint Augustine, FL

#51 May 5, 2009
Thomas is a real problem for paxton,on i hand he`s got unquestionable talent to get better.On the other hand,is he to lazy to work it out?There`s something about this kid that missing,the Bulls win that series,if Freaking Thomas justs rebounds the basketball.He can jump through the roof and he got out rebounded by the opposing 6-1 point guard 3 to i,there`s something really wrong with that picture!This kid wants to score and that`s not what this team needs from him,trade him to the Western conference,that`s where he belongs!
mikem

Lemont, IL

#52 May 6, 2009
I just had to add a comment on game 7 and Vinny..

Why wasn't Tyrus Thomas playing in the 4th quarter??
He was limiting Big Baby to shooting from the outside??
Big baby would'nt even try to go over Tyrus.
Brad Miller was cold and couldnt stop anything inside.
While I dont like Tyrus attitude at times , he was playing better and scoring,
Boston limited in BIG men so what does Vinny do --GO SMALL.
Where was Tim Thomas ?
Why not try some low post moves with Gray.
Use Tyrus,Noah,Tim Thomas at the same time. What does Vinny do ?
Play 4 guard lineup in 4th quarater, while Tyrus on bench and Big Baby scoring on layup and stuffs over Brad,
Other Boston guys (Pierce now driving the basket for fouls or layups.

Why was Tyrus on bench ..?? Because when Vinny took him out in the third quarter , Tyrus slapped Vinny on the butt as he went to bench.. Thats why.. and instead of Vinny talking to Tyrus about it, he sends Hunter down to tell Tyrus something.

So its Vinny's ego ot hurt feelings that are more important than winning the 7th game.. Shame on you Vinny... Bulls Brass
FIRE this GUY.. He has NO strategy after time outs and looks
dumbfounded on the sidw lines.. FIRE HIM PLEASE!!!!
Nada Surf

#53 May 6, 2009
terry t wrote:
<quoted text> atldre, you are by far the best and most logical poster here!
RO FL!!!
That's like Barry Manilow telling Air Supply they were the best band ever.
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#54 May 7, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>RO FL!!!
That's like Barry Manilow telling Air Supply they were the best band ever.
I believe the term the kids use today is "hater"..

Easy old man, if you keep ROFL, you might not be able to get back up..
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#55 May 7, 2009
RO FL why is that being blocked?
Eugene

Charlottesville, VA

#56 May 7, 2009
REFLECT ON PLAYING DEFENSE EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE. SORRY I AM SHOUTING, BUT I AM GERMAN AND I LIKE TO YELL! ARGUING ITALIANS LIKE VINCENT THE BLACK SHOULD GET THAT.
At least Vinny finally got a haircut and left the Charles in Charge look in the 1980s where it belongs.
Nada Surf

#57 May 7, 2009
ATLDre wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the term the kids use today is "hater"..
Easy old man, if you keep ROFL, you might not be able to get back up..
I'd still beat you and just about anyone on this board in a foot race.

The never aging
Nada
Nada Surf

#58 May 7, 2009
Eugene wrote:
REFLECT ON PLAYING DEFENSE EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE. SORRY I AM SHOUTING, BUT I AM GERMAN AND I LIKE TO YELL! ARGUING ITALIANS LIKE VINCENT THE BLACK SHOULD GET THAT.
At least Vinny finally got a haircut and left the Charles in Charge look in the 1980s where it belongs.
Do you think he's cuter now with his hair the way it is or something?
Tom

Hartland, WI

#59 May 7, 2009
Eugene wrote:
Maybe Vinny can now get Noah to get a haircut so he looks human.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kirk Hinrich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Chicago Bulls Steal Devin Harris, Dallas Mav... (May '14) May '14 andy 4
News Bulls stun Miami in East series 'opener' (May '13) May '13 Ginobili 7
News White House Praises NBA's Jason Collins (Apr '13) May '13 Juan0842 33
News Does Healthy Derrick Rose Give Chicago Bulls Fi... (Mar '13) Apr '13 Frog 3
News Chicago Bulls vs. Minnesota Timberwolves: Live ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Joel 1
News Point Guard Situation: Nate or Kirk? (Feb '13) Mar '13 Elvin Morales 13
News Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
More from around the web