Chicago Bulls increase practice inten...

Chicago Bulls increase practice intensity

There are 69 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 12, 2009, titled Chicago Bulls increase practice intensity. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The door stood closed, two basketball courts and three large curtains separated Thursday's Bulls practice from that door and still the symphony of basketball - coaches' shouts and whistles, sneakers squeaking, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Fact-O-Life

Chandler, AZ

#1 Mar 12, 2009
Who cares if "they responded well in practice" Vinny! Responding well in practice does not, as far as I know, count as a win in the standings. So, if I were you Vinny, show some dissatisfaction on the court of a real game as you are getting your REAR-END handed to you! Oh Jordan...where art thou now?
Wall

Mount Prospect, IL

#2 Mar 12, 2009
Did you ever play organized basketball?
Armyranger901

Long Eddy, NY

#3 Mar 12, 2009
This article makes me want to die of gonorrhea....thats how much KC is stretching these days....kc--->(idiot)
Quentin Daly

Fox River Grove, IL

#4 Mar 12, 2009
Armyranger901 wrote:
This article makes me want to die of gonorrhea....thats how much KC is stretching these days....kc--->(idiot)
Army-R, you are so right. There is nothing else to discuss relating to the Bulls. This season is over; the reason to compete is over; the interest in the team and its roster is over; the rookie phenom has worn out his magic; there is no reason why this team deserves to go to the playoffs; there is every reason to blow up this team, go back to the drawing board, get into the ping-pong ball contest, you know what I mean. This is a lottery caliber team once again; no progress; too many injuries; too many soft players; compounded by soft ownership and weak front office oversight. Someone please shoot this team and put it out of its misery so KC can start righting about another franchise or start covering Bucks' games. This is just pathetic. Who cares whether their practices are getting more intense?
Tim Floyd

Chicago, IL

#5 Mar 12, 2009
Does intensity mean bad coaching? I can't wait to see what Vinny does next. Now that the cubs have been sold, how about the bulls?
Bill Cartwright

Chicago, IL

#6 Mar 12, 2009
And you thought i was a bad coach... look what your stuck with now...

VDN really thinks he is doing a good job. what a moron
bullsfan09

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Mar 12, 2009
Wow a great practice, I feel like Iverson now. We talking about practice, practice!!!! The bulls was down after losing a heartbreaker to the Heat and it showed vs Orlando. They aren't dead yet, don't give up on them. If you a die-hard Chicago Fan, you will live and die with the bulls. They are the 8th seed and can still make playoffs let's root for them because it isn't there fault they have a douche for a coach.
Chris Carr

Chicago, IL

#8 Mar 12, 2009
bullsfan09 wrote:
Wow a great practice, I feel like Iverson now. We talking about practice, practice!!!! The bulls was down after losing a heartbreaker to the Heat and it showed vs Orlando. They aren't dead yet, don't give up on them. If you a die-hard Chicago Fan, you will live and die with the bulls. They are the 8th seed and can still make playoffs let's root for them because it isn't there fault they have a **** for a coach.
AMEN
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#9 Mar 13, 2009
Quentin Daly wrote:
<quoted text>Army-R, you are so right. There is nothing else to discuss relating to the Bulls. This season is over; the reason to compete is over; the interest in the team and its roster is over; the rookie phenom has worn out his magic; there is no reason why this team deserves to go to the playoffs; there is every reason to blow up this team, go back to the drawing board, get into the ping-pong ball contest, you know what I mean. This is a lottery caliber team once again; no progress; too many injuries; too many soft players; compounded by soft ownership and weak front office oversight. Someone please shoot this team and put it out of its misery so KC can start righting about another franchise or start covering Bucks' games. This is just pathetic. Who cares whether their practices are getting more intense?
What rookie phenom?
On the Bulls?
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#10 Mar 13, 2009
bullsfan09 wrote:
Wow a great practice, I feel like Iverson now. We talking about practice, practice!!!! The bulls was down after losing a heartbreaker to the Heat and it showed vs Orlando. They aren't dead yet, don't give up on them. If you a die-hard Chicago Fan, you will live and die with the bulls. They are the 8th seed and can still make playoffs let's root for them because it isn't there fault they have a **** for a coach.
Let's root against them so they won't humiliate the franchise any longer than they already have...
And they will be in the lottery again where they can pick a more effective player than they did last time around.
TrueBullsFan

Omaha, NE

#11 Mar 13, 2009
I can't believe what I'm from some of you "so called" bulls fans..... Trust me I've seen the bulls in MUCH worse times than this. No matter If you lose by 1 or 30, a lose is still a lose. How can you possibly say a season is over when we still can make the playoffs......and last time I checked PRACTICE makes perfect. I'm glad VDN worked them hard, THATS the sign of a good coach. For those who think we DONT have a rookie phenom, don't go jumping on the bandwagon when he gets rookie of the year.......how about u "so called" fans just shutup and turn off the game to do us all a favor so you won't complain about every little thing the young bulls team does wrong. Die hard Bulls fan through thick & thin, GO BULLS!!!!!!
kenny

Auburn, WA

#12 Mar 13, 2009
why do bulls fans always say they have the worst coach, when its obvious the worst coach in the league coaches the clippers? have any of you ever heard of a guy named mike dunleavy, SR? he is by far the worst coach in league history...matter of fact here is a list of the top 5 coaches that shouldnt have a job...

Mike dunleavy
Don Nelson
Mike Woodson
Kevin Mchale
Vinny Del Negro

so as you can see, VDN is the 5th worst coach...but even with that he is 1000 times better than PAUL WESTPHAL, who used to coach the seattle supersonics, ooops i mean the OKC thunder
kenny

Auburn, WA

#13 Mar 13, 2009
have a look back at Chris pauls rookie year, very similiar, look what he turned into!
John Anthony

United States

#14 Mar 13, 2009
John Paxson...
Johnrun1

Elgin, IL

#15 Mar 13, 2009
Rose is very talented and athletic.
However he is not being developed to be the type of player Chris Paul is or that of the typical great PG. Somewhere along the line he was told he should take charge and do more scoring. Thus he has looked more for his shot than for getting the other players involved. Part of the problem is that Hinrich and Deng have not been healthy much of the year thus making it harder to find viable options to work with. Vinnie is responsible for not forcing Rose to be a better defender because DR has the athleticism and appears to have the work ethic to be one.
Bloomie

Bloomington, IL

#16 Mar 13, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>Let's root against them so they won't humiliate the franchise any longer than they already have...
And they will be in the lottery again where they can pick a more effective player than they did last time around.
Hey Nada I have been following your act for months now, and I am trying to figure out your angle. 1. You devalue everyone's opinion. 2. Your a 50 something white male. 3. You have an elitist attitude. 4. Your an egomaniac. Ipso facto: its Jay Mariotti or some other journalistic hack that was run out of town. Go find a "team" you can be proud of and I will be a die hard Bulls fan.
Vinny Vincent

Libertyville, IL

#17 Mar 13, 2009
zzzzzzzzzz......wake me up when this nightmare of a season is over.
FIRE VINNY!
E B F

United States

#18 Mar 13, 2009
It's kinda early to be calling for Vinny's head isn't it? A rookie coach with a rookie point guard and a team playing short handed all year should be given a little more slack. Maybe we battle into the playoffs, get a little post season action goin', and see what happens next year. Right now, that's all there is.
Rod from Tennessee

AOL

#19 Mar 13, 2009
I'm sure Del Negro probably was thinking since the players played pretty well in the Miami loss, he'd give them a little break, but obviously some of the players must have took a little too much advantage of the break. You'd think that professional players wouldn't need the mental push from the H.C. that younger players might need, but obviously the Bulls players do.
Bloomie

Bloomington, IL

#20 Mar 13, 2009
Rod from Tennessee wrote:
I'm sure Del Negro probably was thinking since the players played pretty well in the Miami loss, he'd give them a little break, but obviously some of the players must have took a little too much advantage of the break. You'd think that professional players wouldn't need the mental push from the H.C. that younger players might need, but obviously the Bulls players do.
Hey Rod Strickland from Tennesse would Rose benefit from a "point guard" coach, in as much as there are big men coaches. He seems to have all of the physical and mental tools to be successful. It seems he needs to watch film of what teams are doing to stop him; with the critical eye of a mentor like a John Stockton or a Mark Jackson, or Mark Price or yourself. My concern of course is that Rose is not being effectively coached about the intricacies of his position.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kirk Hinrich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Chicago Bulls Steal Devin Harris, Dallas Mav... (May '14) May '14 andy 4
News Bulls stun Miami in East series 'opener' (May '13) May '13 Ginobili 7
News White House Praises NBA's Jason Collins (Apr '13) May '13 Juan0842 33
News Does Healthy Derrick Rose Give Chicago Bulls Fi... (Mar '13) Apr '13 Frog 3
News Chicago Bulls vs. Minnesota Timberwolves: Live ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Joel 1
News Point Guard Situation: Nate or Kirk? (Feb '13) Mar '13 Elvin Morales 13
News Nocioni may be the igniter for Bulls (Nov '07) Mar '13 laz 2
More from around the web