Magic, Dooling look ahead to free agency

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

His heart and his home are in Orlando, but Keyon Dooling could be leaving both behind next season.
Comments
1 - 20 of 62 Comments Last updated Jul 3, 2008
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Johnny Gohome

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Dooling may be a very good bench player but not starter material. I don't think too many teams would be willing to give him big bucks to be a back up. Magic may wind up resigning him to a sensible contract. I hope Otis doesn't get too generous as he did with Nelson.
Psychoriasis

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Dooling knows Otis is easy. Otis will probably fall for this -- giving Dooling more than his worth...
jackson

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

the only FA loss that the Magic would truely miss
Martin

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

I think the magic should try and trade for rip hamilton. It would solve the problem of having small SGs (especially if Dooling leaves) and he is a proven veteran scorer. There's been plenty of discussion going on about what to do with both Turk and Lewis playing the same position, so a solution could be to trade Turk for hamilton who the pistons say is on the market for the right player in return.
The Magic Man

Piedmont, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Could it be that Otis has no more money to spend after all the rest of his stupid signings?
Andy

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Haslem & Maggette and Jason Williams, then your starting five looks like this ...

Nelson, Williams
Maggette, Dooling
Lewis,
Haslem, Batie
Howard, Gotat

That's a pretty good starting five - bet they can contend for the EC Finals or better!
LMAO

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Take the $$$$$ and run Baby!
Oh really

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Andy wrote:
Haslem & Maggette and Jason Williams, then your starting five looks like this ...
Nelson, Williams
Maggette, Dooling
Lewis,
Haslem, Batie
Howard, Gotat
That's a pretty good starting five - bet they can contend for the EC Finals or better!
Jason Williams? Wow! It looks like you have been playing too much XBox; if you really think this line-up will win the Eastern Conference, then you really don't know much about the NBA.
Funny

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Don't worry the team has super JN @ 7MM for five seasons each. With JN the Magics will win the championship and will establish a dinasty. You don't need KD, Orlando is very fortunate.
Nicholas

New Bern, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

In no way should Otis even think about trading Turk. You do not trade away a guy with his skillset. A guy that was fourth in the league in avg. points per 4th qtr. You bring him off the bench as a sixth man...Combo 1-2-3. If Manu can be professional enough to do it, so can Turk. In that case, he and Manu are neck and neck for that honor next year. Secondly...Howard, Nelson, Turk, and Lewis should be on the phone recruiting Maggette EVERYDAY!!! Convincing him to come here for a little less money to win a ring. Third...Draft a power forward, with the 22nd pick, that can jump out of the gym, is a beast on the boards, and blocks shots...That would be Mr. Joey Dorsey. Fourth...resign Dooling!!!

Starting Five:
*Howard
*Battie
*Lewis
*Maggette
*Nelson

Bench:
*Turk(6th man of the year)
*Dorsey
*Dooling
*Gortat
*Vasquez(If we can get him out of his contract)
*And maybe a sleeper free agent SG/SF out of college that we can develope. Somebody like Keith Brumbaugh. He's had trouble in the past, but from what I'm reading, it is the past. Cannot doubt his talent.
Marcin played very well in the last few games of the year and the playoffs. He's going to be a very good backup center in this league for a long time. That starting five I'd put up against anyone. And the potential for that bench..lets just say we can go far. Jason Williams? You're kidding me right? Thats my opinion, what do you guys think?
Angel

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Andy wrote:
Nelson, Williams
Maggette, Dooling
Lewis,
Haslem, Batie
Howard, Gotat
that's a pretty good looking line up. dont forget Reddick and whatever rookie we draft too.
dee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Nicholas wrote:
In no way should Otis even think about trading Turk. You do not trade away a guy with his skillset. A guy that was fourth in the league in avg. points per 4th qtr. You bring him off the bench as a sixth man...Combo 1-2-3. If Manu can be professional enough to do it, so can Turk. In that case, he and Manu are neck and neck for that honor next year. Secondly...Howard, Nelson, Turk, and Lewis should be on the phone recruiting Maggette EVERYDAY!!! Convincing him to come here for a little less money to win a ring. Third...Draft a power forward, with the 22nd pick, that can jump out of the gym, is a beast on the boards, and blocks shots...That would be Mr. Joey Dorsey. Fourth...resign Dooling!!!
Starting Five:
*Howard
*Battie
*Lewis
*Maggette
*Nelson
Bench:
*Dorsey
*Dooling
*Gortat
*And maybe a sleeper free agent SG/SF out of college that we can develope. Somebody like Keith Brumbaugh. He's had trouble in the past, but from what I'm reading, it is the past. Cannot doubt his talent.
Marcin played very well in the last few games of the year and the playoffs. He's going to be a very good backup center in this league for a long time. That starting five I'd put up against anyone. And the potential for that bench..lets just say we can go far. Jason Williams? You're kidding me right? Thats my opinion, what do you guys think?
eehh i doubt if they cant keep dooling they'd go for dorsey in the draft. they go for the following brandon rush, courtney lee, mario chalmers mark tyndale or even CDR i like the first three choices though and they can use reddick and dooling in a possible sign and trade if they want a another pick if dooling likes another contract from another team.
dee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

also nicholas i dont see much of kieth's name on many drafts but it doesnt mean he wouldnt get drafted. ive seen him gone to detriot one a few draft sites or even a playoff team. i think he would be best served to be in the nuggets behind marcus camby and keyon martion or even the suns with amare, shaq, and boris diaw as good teachers to him.
Ericofthedead

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Nicholas wrote:
Starting Five:
*Howard
*Battie
*Lewis
*Maggette
*Nelson
Bench:
*Dorsey
*Dooling
*Gortat
How are we supposed to get Maggette? I'm not sure if you realize that players cost money. Perhaps you have herd of the salary cap? Oh and Keith Brumbaugh is a chump i watched him play in high school he is an under achiever who at best could ride the bench in the d league.
Bad

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Keyon Dooling crazy legs guy, no control, no pure point guard, to much fouls
hawk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Dooling will probably go back to Miami.
LMAO

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

I think Otis should draft Dorsey. He's just what the Magic need... a 6'6" PF that cant dribble, cant pass, cant shoot if it isn't a dunk (just like Dwight) and if Otis would do that he will keep alive his reputation as the stupidest GM in the history of Basketball!

Plus... then we can all call for his head for another 3 - 5 years!

:)
Nicholas

New Bern, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

How do we get Maggette? We get him to go for the mid-level exception of 6.5 million. I was thinking wishfully that he'd sign for less money for more W's. As much losing that he has been through out in L.A., he's got to at least consider taking less money for the chance at a ring. And yeah, I forgot about Reddick. What are we going to do with him? We've got to at least give him 20 minutes a game next year. As far as Dooling goes, he's the best on ball defender we have...you can never question how hard he works and the energy he brings off of the bench. He's a good combo guard and that kind of player will ALWAYS have a place in this league. Yes, Brumbaugh is an underachiever, and I too watched him in high school and the kid has talent oozing out of every poor. I just don't see us needing anymore guards. If we can convince Corey to take the mid-level...thats it, thats all we need. We didn't lose to detroit cuz of their guard-play, we lost because we couln't take care of the ball. 17 to's per game...that is what you call shooting one's own self in the foot. You're not going to beat ANYONE doing that. But I think next year will be our year. What you think guys?
The Magic Man

Piedmont, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Maggette is not going to sign for the mid-level....wishful thinking. We need a distributor, something we don't currently have on the roster.

How is that Ariza trade working out. Let's see, Evans will leave for free agency, so we will get nothing in return. And then there is Cook, a stiff with 2 yrs left on his contract. Great trade.
Nicholas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

I hear you MAGIC MAN. Perhaps you are correct. So who goes? Like I said in my first post, we absolutely cannot trade Turk. You just can't chop off one of the heads of a giant three-headed monster...that being Lewis, Howard, and Turk. We do need a distributor. I like Jameer, but he is not what we need...he's a 2 guard stuck in a point guards body. So is out there that we can trade for or draft?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Keyon Dooling Discussions

Search the Keyon Dooling Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA negotiations last 16 hours; more talks planned (Oct '11) Oct '11 Sammy 38
Timberwolves 119, Bucks 118 (OT): Wolves win ga... (Oct '10) Oct '10 johnny 3
Ex-Dillard star Dooling cut by New Jersey Nets (Jun '10) Jun '10 Manny Rodriguez 1
Keyon Dooling still holds warm feelings for the... (Feb '09) Jun '09 Tree 16
Magic lose number two seed chance in loss to Nets (Apr '09) Apr '09 LMAO 105
Orlando Magic (58-21) at New Jersey Nets (32-47), (Apr '09) Apr '09 Knick Chick 1
Wolves snap seven-game skid with victory over Nets (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••