Start of season has familiar ring

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

In some ways, this season seems much like the start of the last one for the Heat.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 25 of25
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

The Real Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. I know you are in the U.K. Because if you saw the game not once was D. Howard doubled team in the game. And yeah he had great numbers but those stats no where close to that when he matched up against Shaq he had like 6 of them points in the 4th when Riley had already given up against the Magic and took the diesel out the game. He played like the whole 4th quater so of course his numbers will be looking good by the game ends. Howard did play well but he didnt impact that game for the victory. It was Hedo who killed the Heat with 27 points, shooting 5of 7 from the three. Howard is great but for that game he wasnt strong enough to post Shaq and even Zo who had 3 blocks. Dont get me wrong Howard is a great player but Shaq is still the top. He may average less points than about 5 centers in the game right now but he is amongst the league leaders in field goal percentage and block shots. That night was a season high on shot attempts, I must mention the officiating which recieve criticism in that game as well.
I did see the game - the miracle of streaming websites. And it seems like you saw a different game. You are too hooked on the points production (and FYI, Howard had 2 points in the 4th quarter - he had 12 in the first half as Orlando built a double digit lead). And why do you think Hedo Turkoglu is so dangerous? Because of Howard. Defenders are left with the option of trying to collapse on Dwight, or cover the outside threats - and Miami WERE trying to smother Howard. If you think they didn't double him, I have to ask if YOU watched the game? You aren't even quoting actual stats - Zo had one block, and it wasn't on Howard, who missed only one shot all night. Howard outplayed both of them, period.

Get your home court glasses off and look at it objectively. Shaq is not the player he once was. If you asked any GM in the League - you can have Dwight Howard or Shaquille O'Neal for this season only (removing the fact that Howard has more years ahead of him). 30 out of 30 would choose Howard.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

The Real Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
But he has a small forward who can shoot 3s on a consistent basis and he has a point gaurd who is motivated to play. Right now his overall team is better and more cohesive than Heat.
And? There was a time, only a few of years ago, where a team of Shaq + one great guard + any other 3 players would have destroyed all comers. Shaq is on the way out. He is regularly outplayed by previously inferior opponents. Teams now set up to stop Wade, not O'Neal.
I Bang Cheer Leaders

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

I think the HEAT will make a move in the Winter Transfer market to push for the play offs.
I Bang Cheer Leaders

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

X-DEMO wrote:
WADE LOOKED AVERAGE AND J-WILL BELOW AVERAGE. NOONE CAN HIT FROM OUTSIDE! TTRADE THE WHOLE BUNCH AND START OVER WITH COOK, WRIGHT AND SOME NEW BLOOD!
Wade looks average, are you a freakin moron? The guy is one of the best players in the NBA and IS the reason why the US team dominated the Olympics. There is one player that is untouchable, and that player is Wade you dumb a s s.
Sarah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

I believe Wade is a wonderful player but at times wants to take over the game. Some of the other players are actually more accurate shooters than him. He tries to do too much and gives up the ball or makes terrible passes. He has to try to be more of a team player and trust the other players more.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 25 of25
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Keyon Dooling Discussions

Search the Keyon Dooling Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NBA negotiations last 16 hours; more talks planned (Oct '11) Oct '11 Sammy 38
Timberwolves 119, Bucks 118 (OT): Wolves win ga... (Oct '10) Oct '10 johnny 3
Ex-Dillard star Dooling cut by New Jersey Nets (Jun '10) Jun '10 Manny Rodriguez 1
Keyon Dooling still holds warm feelings for the... (Feb '09) Jun '09 Tree 16
Magic lose number two seed chance in loss to Nets (Apr '09) Apr '09 LMAO 105
Orlando Magic (58-21) at New Jersey Nets (32-47), (Apr '09) Apr '09 Knick Chick 1
Wolves snap seven-game skid with victory over Nets (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••