Magic try another look, defeat Nets a...

Magic try another look, defeat Nets at home

There are 187 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 8, 2009, titled Magic try another look, defeat Nets at home. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Late in the game, 6 foot-10 Hedo Turkoglu whipped a pass to 6-11 Dwight Howard as Howard broke down the lane, defended by New Jersey Nets guard Jarvis Hayes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Hmm

Cocoa Beach, FL

#22 Feb 8, 2009
Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
He didnt mean all of the expiring contracts dummy, but a few of them will get it done. Plus none of those top teams have an elite point guard anyway so whats the difference. Dont try and knock someones intelligence when you are not the sharpest tool in the shed.
No one said "elite". You tell me how these starting lineup matchups sound:
Johnson vs Rondo (Celtics)
Johnson vs Williams (Cavs)
Johnson vs Fisher (Lakers)
Johnson vs Stuckey (Pistons)

Backups:
Lue vs House (Celtics)
Lue vs Gibson (Cavs)
Lue vs Farmar (Lakers)
Lue vs Iverson (Pistons)

You tell me. We didn't need an "elite" backup PG. But at least someone that would keep us in contention. I've stated nothing but facts thus far. Alright guy, what's YOUR next knock?
Hmm

Cocoa Beach, FL

#23 Feb 8, 2009
Dave_D wrote:
There's nothing to celebrate about this win. Of course, as usual, bandwagoneers take this win like it's a playoff game even if the Magic were playing streetball. The game tonight was scary - it reminded me of the headless horseman in the movie "Sleepy Hollow." Magic played like there was no point guard out there on the floor. Johnson will only have his stellar nights against the Wizards and the Kings out there. Lue will pick his game up but not until we dip below the .600 mark. Sorry folks I don't think this team with its current roster can get us past the first round. Nope. The playoffs is no place for softies.
Dave, that was exactly my point. People are getting emotional about a win over a sub-500, Carter-less, Nets team. Think longterm. Think elite teams.
Chris

Fate, TX

#24 Feb 8, 2009
Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, who is Bush? I think he was the president or running back in NFL.
Look at your keyboard. The "o" is very close to the "u" isn't it? Like nobody knew who he was talking about.

I'll assume you were just trying to be funny.
Hmm

Cocoa Beach, FL

#25 Feb 8, 2009
Chris wrote:
"speak facts. First thing's first, after we beat the divisions leaders on the road trip (with Nelson), we went 4-4 (lost 2-3 without Nelson)"
Sure let's speak facts! The Magic are 6-1 without Nelson as the starter.
"our PGs got a whopping 8 points. If you think that's going to get it done"
Didn't Turk have 15pts and 8 assists? Didn't the Magic win big? I guess winning the game is not getting it done in your mind. I guess the Magic should have won by 30 if they were really, "getting it done".
"Let's be real people. I would enjoy some facts, and not just ignorant and emotional posts."
Same here, and you are obviously an emotional pessimist. What's it like going through life with a negative attitude? Is it fun?
And nanningbob has more basketball IQ in one of his pubic hairs than you have in your entire body!
6-1? Wake up buddy. We were 4-1 in his first injury stint. 2-3 now. Turk is not a natural PG, nor a longterm solution as one. Don't be a loser, please.

“Orlando Magic........... ......”

Since: Jul 07

Magic land

#26 Feb 8, 2009
Chris wrote:
"speak facts. First thing's first, after we beat the divisions leaders on the road trip (with Nelson), we went 4-4 (lost 2-3 without Nelson)"
Sure let's speak facts! The Magic are 6-1 without Nelson as the starter.
"our PGs got a whopping 8 points. If you think that's going to get it done"
Didn't Turk have 15pts and 8 assists? Didn't the Magic win big? I guess winning the game is not getting it done in your mind. I guess the Magic should have won by 30 if they were really, "getting it done".
"Let's be real people. I would enjoy some facts, and not just ignorant and emotional posts."
Same here, and you are obviously an emotional pessimist. What's it like going through life with a negative attitude? Is it fun?
And nanningbob has more basketball IQ in one of his pubic hairs than you have in your entire body!
Yes I agree on his IQ in basketball but SH.T he is from San Francisco.
nanningbob

Nanning, China

#27 Feb 8, 2009
Hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
How uneducated are you of our current situation? It's easy to talk out of your a-- but it takes a little more effort to speak facts. First thing's first, after we beat the divisions leaders on the road trip (with Nelson), we went 4-4 (lost 2-3 without Nelson) including losses to Dallas and Indiana.
We have one of the weakest benches in the NBA, which accounted for 19/101 of our overall points. Our PGs got a whopping 8 points. If you think that's going to get it done, then you must not be watching your local Lakers play basketball. I'm a huge Magic fan, but that doesn't mean I'm a moron either. I like the team, yet disagree with some of the moves. Picking up Tyronn Lue?..one of them. If you think Ainge made the move of the big 3 out of desperation of getting fired, then once again your ignorance and lack of knowledge shines through. You must forget that he made the trade for Kevin Durant for Ray Allen as well. Let's be real people. I would enjoy some facts, and not just ignorant and emotional posts.
Sometimes when you make a mistake you stop. You opening your mouth and it and your foot just keep getting bigger and bigger.

1. "This game was a loss disguised by a win." Fact: Orlando led by 14 at the end of the first quarter and go one to win by 17. How dumb is that?

2. "We went 4-4 (lost 2-3 without Nelson) including losses to Dallas and Indiana." Fact: the first time Nelson was hurt we went 4-1. Since Nelson has been hurt we have played 3 games without him. We beat the Clips and Nets and lost to the Pacers. So we are 6-2 without Nelson. The truth is and if you watched Magic games you would know this, we run much of our offense through Hedo. The last two games he has had 11 and 8 assists. We still function, but it will take some time to get back up to speed. To replace Nelsons points wont be that difficult with all the firepower we have and defensively AJ and Lue are just as good if not better than Nelson. The one thing we will miss is some of his late game big shots but we have players that can do that. So dont be so stupid to call me uneducated when you cant even get simple basic facts straight. Your basic information is wrong so you make wrong conclusions.
Hmm

Cocoa Beach, FL

#28 Feb 8, 2009
nanningbob wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes when you make a mistake you stop. You opening your mouth and it and your foot just keep getting bigger and bigger.
1. "This game was a loss disguised by a win." Fact: Orlando led by 14 at the end of the first quarter and go one to win by 17. How dumb is that?
2. "We went 4-4 (lost 2-3 without Nelson) including losses to Dallas and Indiana." Fact: the first time Nelson was hurt we went 4-1. Since Nelson has been hurt we have played 3 games without him. We beat the Clips and Nets and lost to the Pacers. So we are 6-2 without Nelson. The truth is and if you watched Magic games you would know this, we run much of our offense through Hedo. The last two games he has had 11 and 8 assists. We still function, but it will take some time to get back up to speed. To replace Nelsons points wont be that difficult with all the firepower we have and defensively AJ and Lue are just as good if not better than Nelson. The one thing we will miss is some of his late game big shots but we have players that can do that. So dont be so stupid to call me uneducated when you cant even get simple basic facts straight. Your basic information is wrong so you make wrong conclusions.
Dallas - loss (10pt loss could easily swing the other way)
Clippers - win
Indiana - loss
NJ - win

2-2. 6-3 overall without Nelson. If your Chris-flossing pubes got happy about wins over the Clippers and a Carter-less Nets team, then I hope your basketball IQ does, in fact, get better. Mind you, that our loss in the 4-1 stint was to the Boston Celtics. This furthers my point, our backup PG situation will not stand against elite teams. Turk will not be able to play consistent PG minutes against solid teams, with solid SFs.

“Orlando Magic........... ......”

Since: Jul 07

Magic land

#29 Feb 8, 2009
OK a third party opinion:
Lue was the best trade available without breaking up the core or the chemistry of the team.
YES, the bench sucks and JJ better step up big time and prove his worth.
Hmm

Cocoa Beach, FL

#30 Feb 8, 2009
As I've said, I'm a huge Magic fan but that doesn't blind me. We need a better backcourt if we need to contend. Look at what Kenny Smith is saying on Yahoo. I guess nanningbob has better basketball IQ than K. Smith. At the VERY least, we could have done for a better trade with Lue.

“Orlando Magic........... ......”

Since: Jul 07

Magic land

#31 Feb 8, 2009
Hmm wrote:
As I've said, I'm a huge Magic fan but that doesn't blind me. We need a better backcourt if we need to contend. Look at what Kenny Smith is saying on Yahoo. I guess nanningbob has better basketball IQ than K. Smith. At the VERY least, we could have done for a better trade with Lue.
Give us a link
Chris

Fate, TX

#32 Feb 8, 2009
"6-1? Wake up buddy. We were 4-1 in his first injury stint. 2-3 now. Turk is not a natural PG, nor a longterm solution as one. Don't be a loser, please."

2-3 now, and you've posted this twice!

It's 2-1 since the shoulder injury you fool not 2-3. You're so stupid you don't even understand that the number on the right is loses not total games!

I suppose the Magic's record at this point is 38-50? Tool!!!
JameerAllStar

AOL

#33 Feb 8, 2009
Chris wrote:
"6-1? Wake up buddy. We were 4-1 in his first injury stint. 2-3 now. Turk is not a natural PG, nor a longterm solution as one. Don't be a loser, please."
2-3 now, and you've posted this twice!
It's 2-1 since the shoulder injury you fool not 2-3. You're so stupid you don't even understand that the number on the right is loses not total games!
I suppose the Magic's record at this point is 38-50? Tool!!!
I'm going to have to agree with this hmm guy... we need a better backup pg and better bench.. otis did not make the best move avail IMO.. marbury, jason williams sign for vets min.. trades for kirk hinrich and monta ellis were discussed.. that is what good GMs do; make possible the seemingly impossible.. ps. chris seems like the pessimist to me
Jon

Orlando, FL

#34 Feb 8, 2009
Hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said "elite". You tell me how these starting lineup matchups sound:
Johnson vs Rondo (Celtics)
Johnson vs Williams (Cavs)
Johnson vs Fisher (Lakers)
Johnson vs Stuckey (Pistons)
Backups:
Lue vs House (Celtics)
Lue vs Gibson (Cavs)
Lue vs Farmar (Lakers)
Lue vs Iverson (Pistons)
You tell me. We didn't need an "elite" backup PG. But at least someone that would keep us in contention. I've stated nothing but facts thus far. Alright guy, what's YOUR next knock?
Give it some time. WEve only played 3 games without Jameer. Aj needs time to adjust to starting. turk needs to adjust to running the point. Lue needs to be integrated. See if Jim will give you one of his prozacs.
Chris

Fate, TX

#35 Feb 8, 2009
"This furthers my point, our backup PG situation will not stand against elite teams. Turk will not be able to play consistent PG minutes against solid teams, with solid SFs."

So who should we get? You're just a tool who comes on an complains like a little baby.

I suppose Otis should have just traded Bogans for Devin Harris? The Magic won and won big in their 3rd game without their all-star PG and you make the first comment which is nothing but a bunch of negative garbage.

I'll ask again. What's it like going through life as a negative a-hole? Is it fun?

And you said the Magic have the worst bench in the NBA. You know when you make all inclusive statements like this you set yourself up to look like a fool? Really, the Magic bench is worse than the Clippers, Thunder, or Wizards???

Our bench could probably beat their starting line-ups!
Jon

Orlando, FL

#36 Feb 8, 2009
Hmm wrote:
As I've said, I'm a huge Magic fan but that doesn't blind me. We need a better backcourt if we need to contend. Look at what Kenny Smith is saying on Yahoo. I guess nanningbob has better basketball IQ than K. Smith. At the VERY least, we could have done for a better trade with Lue.
Everyone has doubted the magic all year. It doesnt matter. If it wasnt this it would be something else until we prove something in the playoffs.
Hmm

Cocoa Beach, FL

#37 Feb 8, 2009
Roberthenry wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us a link
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/...
Enlightened 1

Asheville, NC

#38 Feb 8, 2009
Don't say anything negative about the Magic or naninboob will jump all over you. I'll take the win, but lets not get to carried away here. This was a Nets team playing without one of their best players. So far we've beaten the Clippers, who at the time were tied for the worst record in basketball, and the Nets. Also, both wins came at home. Without Nelson in the lineup I just don't see how we get past the Cavs or the Celts come playoffs
Hmm

Cocoa Beach, FL

#39 Feb 8, 2009
Chris wrote:
"This furthers my point, our backup PG situation will not stand against elite teams. Turk will not be able to play consistent PG minutes against solid teams, with solid SFs."
So who should we get? You're just a tool who comes on an complains like a little baby.
I suppose Otis should have just traded Bogans for Devin Harris? The Magic won and won big in their 3rd game without their all-star PG and you make the first comment which is nothing but a bunch of negative garbage.
I'll ask again. What's it like going through life as a negative ****? Is it fun?
And you said the Magic have the worst bench in the NBA. You know when you make all inclusive statements like this you set yourself up to look like a fool? Really, the Magic bench is worse than the Clippers, Thunder, or Wizards???
Our bench could probably beat their starting line-ups!
Take some mydol and a chill pill. You are a preempting your attack buddy. I think you are the one suffering severe issues lol. Please copy and paste where I said we have the wost bench in the NBA. I simply said our bench will not cut it against the NBA's elite teams. lol how old are you??
Chris

Fate, TX

#40 Feb 8, 2009
"Marbury, jason williams sign for vets min.. trades for kirk hinrich and monta ellis were discussed.. that is what good GMs do; make possible the seemingly impossible.. ps. chris seems like the pessimist to me"

You do realize that Williams is retired don't you? I suppose we should sign John Stockton.

Marbury? You have to be kidding me?

And Hinrich and Ellis were discussed? Great, I'll assume that the we didn't pull off those deals is because the teams were asking too much in return. But I guess you know more than Otis Smith about running an NBA team.

And you need to breakout the dictionary and learn what "pessimist" means.

“Orlando Magic........... ......”

Since: Jul 07

Magic land

#41 Feb 8, 2009
Hmm wrote:
TY, good read.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keyon Dooling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA negotiations last 16 hours; more talks planned (Oct '11) Oct '11 Sammy 38
News Timberwolves 119, Bucks 118 (OT): Wolves win ga... (Oct '10) Oct '10 johnny 3
News Ex-Dillard star Dooling cut by New Jersey Nets (Jun '10) Jun '10 Manny Rodriguez 1
News Keyon Dooling still holds warm feelings for the... (Feb '09) Jun '09 Tree 16
News Magic lose number two seed chance in loss to Nets (Apr '09) Apr '09 LMAO 105
News Orlando Magic (58-21) at New Jersey Nets (32-47), (Apr '09) Apr '09 Knick Chick 1
News Wolves snap seven-game skid with victory over Nets (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 3
More from around the web