Arroyo out for Magic tonight

Arroyo out for Magic tonight

There are 66 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Dec 2, 2007, titled Arroyo out for Magic tonight. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Orlando Magic point guard Carlos Arroyo will not play tonight against the L.A. Lakers as he left the team and flew home to be with his sickly daughter in Orlando.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Colombiano

Orlando, FL

#1 Dec 2, 2007
My prayers go out to Arroyo's family. I hope his daughter gets better soon.
LatinJag

Macomb, MI

#2 Dec 2, 2007
Pana, que dios te bendiga la nena. Regresa cuando puedas.
Now, lets beat the Lakeroos.
question

Austin, TX

#3 Dec 2, 2007
Was the second sentence necessary????
Mike

Cidra, Puerto Rico

#4 Dec 2, 2007
I hope your baby gets well soon buddy.
Oakley

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Dec 2, 2007
Carlos I hope your daughter get well really soon, We need you at the court. Guys I was watching the game tonight against the lakers and I have 3 words JAMEER NELSON SUCKS... I think it's time for stan to seat him. Jameer contribution is NOTHING but turnovers. We can use Carlos as starter and keyon dooling as a backup. Actually thanks to Dooling for last night game ( lakers ) he play an excellent game. Also the whole bench play really well.
Jim

United States

#6 Dec 2, 2007
Prayers go out to Carlos and his family. May his daughter get well soon.
Jim

United States

#7 Dec 2, 2007
Great game for the Magic bench tonight. 42 points to the Lakers 24. 14 for Dooling, 9 for Evans, 8 points and 7 rebounds for Foyle.
They got off to a slow start especially with Kobe going off in the first quarter. But a good job of finishing strong. Another solid win on the road. I think they can finish 4 and 1 on the trip with a win at Golden State tomorrow night. GO MAGIC!!
Dan

AOL

#8 Dec 2, 2007
Wow thank God for Dooling tonight!!Jameer was horrible tonight! I dont know whats wrong with him but he better pick it up! We got Baron Davis & the Warriors tomorrow! It amazes me how Dwight gets these horrible fouls called on him! Great team D in the 2nd half.Redick shot it well in his few minutes played.
I hope Arroyo's daughter gets well soon!

Since: Nov 07

Istanbul, Turkey

#9 Dec 3, 2007
First of all my prayers go out to Arroyo's family. About game, it was a great night for Magic bench. Dooling and the other contributors from Magic bench were superb. Hedo also played well in the 4th quarter. J.Nelson should concentrate to basketball. He was like a ghost during all the game. It's time to beat Warriors.
GO Magic!
Jackson

Henderson, NV

#10 Dec 3, 2007
Hasn't Nelson been hurt, He has had a bruised left hand, and has caused him to play at asub-par level according to Foxsports.com , Hope he starts playing well soon.
rico4ever

Westminster, SC

#11 Dec 3, 2007
Ditto on prayers for Carlos' daughter.
I wouldn't be in such a hurry to throw Jameer overboard.
Final observation -- yesterday the OS beat writer couldn't resist ragging on Lewis in a story about how he is overpaid and slumping. He's the leading scorer last night against the Lakers and goes 3-3 from behind the arch. Your have to read down to the bottom before you see Rashard's name as an after thought. That SUCKS!
fan of the magic

Denver, CO

#12 Dec 3, 2007
rico4ever wrote:
Ditto on prayers for Carlos' daughter.
I wouldn't be in such a hurry to throw Jameer overboard.
Final observation -- yesterday the OS beat writer couldn't resist ragging on Lewis in a story about how he is overpaid and slumping. He's the leading scorer last night against the Lakers and goes 3-3 from behind the arch. Your have to read down to the bottom before you see Rashard's name as an after thought. That SUCKS!
Ditto to everything except it s/b Orlando Sentinel SUCKS!!!!!!!!
question

Austin, TX

#13 Dec 3, 2007
someone that writes on this board doesn't know what they are talking about - they said the Lakers would win
PKJK

United States

#14 Dec 3, 2007
Having the complete outcome made avaiable for us when the news papers do not is great for everyone. Good coverage.
Jump DMC

United States

#15 Dec 3, 2007
question wrote:
Was the second sentence necessary????
I kept waiting for the relevance in the article. There was none. Then to end the article with ANOTHER Nicholson reference (and Lindsey Lohan)?

Makes the writer look like a stargazer.
Travis UHS

Orlando, FL

#16 Dec 3, 2007
Jameer Nelson I agree is playing sub-par he looks tentative out there like he is scared to make a mistake. When your a point guard your job is to run plays and create oppurtunities for your team but when your scared and injured it makes it harder. Now on to Rashard"Money Bags" Lewis maybe the worst free agent signing since Grant Hill. He is averaging under 20 a game less then 6 boards. He is 6'10 for he should be pulling more boards then that and for 6 years and 118 million he should be scoring at least 25 a game. If your getting paid like an elite player you need to play like one. Another complaint I have is he isn't clutch(The Phoenix game air ball) also since he can't handle the ball and attack people press up on him taking away his only skill his jumper. Really watch the way he handles and dirves and you all will see what I mean. On a lighter note my prayers go out to carlos and his family. God bless and I hope your daughter recovers.
Trevor Ariza

Howey In The Hills, FL

#17 Dec 3, 2007
Man, I wish I actually contributed when I was put into the games. Now I see why you all traded me for Mo Evans & Brian Cook. They actually contributed with their playing time. So do you Magic fans still miss me? Yo Arroyo, take your time and take care of your daughter, basketball will always be there. You're doing the right thing, and Orlando is doing the right thing by letting him go home with no repercussions. I miss Orlando already..
Laurent

Orlando, FL

#18 Dec 3, 2007
Mo Evans is looking like a good pick up so far. The Magic GM must know what he's doing after-all.

Also, Rashard has been a great pick up. We wouldn't be 15-4 had we not gotten him. Scoring is not the only way to measure how much a player is worth to a team's success. He contributes to the team in ways that are intangible. He is considered a huge offensive threat to opposing teams. This stretches their defense and takes attention away from Howard and our other shooters. That's why we've been able to win so many games without having a consistently hot hand on the starting 5.
Hmmmm

Saint Petersburg, FL

#19 Dec 3, 2007
Is there some way we can take Reddick and Bogans and make them one player?

Gene splicing anyone???
marko

Bedford, TX

#20 Dec 3, 2007
i'm glad they just got the win..they could of beaten pheonix..but,,,if they win next one..4 out of 5 road games is sweet....very positive..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keyon Dooling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA negotiations last 16 hours; more talks planned (Oct '11) Oct '11 Sammy 38
News Timberwolves 119, Bucks 118 (OT): Wolves win ga... (Oct '10) Oct '10 johnny 3
News Ex-Dillard star Dooling cut by New Jersey Nets (Jun '10) Jun '10 Manny Rodriguez 1
News Keyon Dooling still holds warm feelings for the... (Feb '09) Jun '09 Tree 16
News Magic lose number two seed chance in loss to Nets (Apr '09) Apr '09 LMAO 105
News Orlando Magic (58-21) at New Jersey Nets (32-47), (Apr '09) Apr '09 Knick Chick 1
News Wolves snap seven-game skid with victory over Nets (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 3
More from around the web