Magic make another lineup change

Magic make another lineup change

There are 128 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 4, 2008, titled Magic make another lineup change. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The Orlando Magic made another change in their starting lineup Friday night, benching shooting guard Keith Bogans for Keyon Dooling, the move made to snap the club out of its doldrums at home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
big vern

Lady Lake, FL

#1 Jan 4, 2008
it doesn't seem to be working the magic blow at home, and jameer is been owned by brooks how sad...boy how is lewis paying dividends a shooter only that can't shoot...how fitting for the magic...another overpaid free agent..
Mr Bandwagon

Titusville, FL

#2 Jan 4, 2008
Howard gets his 5th foul and you want him to stay in the court? move him to pf and bring Foyle in to guard Ming !!!!

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#3 Jan 4, 2008
Howard got smoked in the paint my Ming and free throws were better, but still not great. Hedo had an off night. Lewis downright terrible, Bogans terrible as well 0-3 from 3 point line. Carlos played well, then Nelson who played so so. Home Sweet Home doesn't exist for the Magic God I hope they play better on their road trip otherwise this is going to be a long season after all.
Lou Reed

Buford, GA

#4 Jan 4, 2008
Let me start off by saying this:

We would have probably lost in OT as it is. Foyle cannot guard Yao.

Now...

Foyle could have gotten it in on time. That's debatable. All the replies other than the behind the basket one show that he got it off either on time, or practically at the same nano-second as the buzzer went off.

The refs called it off because there was no indisputable evidence that Foyle got it off on time.

What I want to know is this: Do the NBA rules state that a shot is to not be counted if there is no indisputable evidence that the player got it off on time, when there's also no indisputable evidence that he didn't get it off on time?

The refs seem to dislike us as it is.

Anyhow, we did not play well tonight. Dwight was completely dominated by Yao. We are a usually a great 4th quarter team, and we proved this again tonight. Sadly, it just wasn't enough.

I'm even slightly impressed by Jameer's offensive playing in the 4th. I just wish that he could do that with some consistency.

Easy road trip coming up. Lets hope that Udrih or Salmons don't get some career highs against us in Sactown.
Mr Bandwagon

Titusville, FL

#5 Jan 4, 2008
Why not play Foyle against Ming and move Dwight to SF when you need to keep him in the game with 5 fouls in the ???? because you might lose????
Lou Reed

Buford, GA

#6 Jan 4, 2008
Mr Bandwagon wrote:
Howard gets his 5th foul and you want him to stay in the court? move him to pf and bring Foyle in to guard Ming !!!!
I agree. I really don't see why Stan doesn't use the Dwight/Foyle combo in the 4th.

Not starting them together is understandable... he wants some depth on the bench.

But... a defensive twin-tower brick wall could have truly benefited us. Plus, the size advantage of having Lewis play the 3 and Hedo play the 2 could have done wonders. Lewis is a natural 3 and Hero is a natural 2 as it is. I bet that Dwight would feel more comfortable at the 4 as it is, less pressure to excel on defense, which means that he could come and help out double team big men such as Yao when they post up.
F-I-X-I-N-G

Kissimmee, FL

#7 Jan 4, 2008
The last shot by Foyle was clearly in time, even in frame-by-frame.

There were many controversial calls in the game against the Magic. Of course, we cannot rule out the good defense of the Rockets and sluggish play of the Magic, but when it comes down to it this game should have been decided in over time.

I hope some action is brought by this since the reply was brought into affect to make the last-second shot fair.

How much money do you think was on the line?? ;)
Hillary Clinton

Titusville, FL

#8 Jan 4, 2008
Pretend that the Magic won and celebrate on the streeys!!!!! it works for me!!!
F Rosen

Palm Bay, FL

#9 Jan 4, 2008
Let's try only paying them when they win. I bet you'll see a little more intensity then.
big vern

Lady Lake, FL

#10 Jan 4, 2008
all the small guards drive right to the basket with ease what's up with that, they should be on their butts, and trying free throws. all game long basket wide open, even with howard in the game. i know they got back in the game but when are they going to lead and get a killer instinct at home..still waiting.
Fred Myers

AOL

#11 Jan 4, 2008
When are the dense Magic (in particular their coach) going to accept the fact that Lewis is a small forward and need to move Turk to shooting guard? Then do the best they can with Augustus, Gortat and Foyle at power forward/center. Dumb Magic spent 118 mil for a small forward, then try to convert him to power forward. Lewis does not have a power forward's rough and tumble mentality and never will. The Magic knew that when they broke the bank and their future on him. This organization continues to show it's stupidity.

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#12 Jan 4, 2008
Lewis was so terrible it smells even over the internet. Hedo had an off night, Bogans was worthless and that is saying it nicely.
Home Sweet Home is so bad for the Magic, God I hope they have a great road trip otherwise it's going to be a long season after all.
Tony

AOL

#13 Jan 4, 2008
The Magic are too soft of a team - Dwight, Jameer, Rashard, etc. Obviously the refs only give calls to aggressive teams like the Detroit crybabies and Dwayne Wade. This team needs to grow up and start going after people!! We need to start throwing some elbows and get tough. My biggest problem with the call at the end, was there was no call on the court!! The refs waited until replay, then said it was inconclusive. Call the freaking thing right away!! The NBA bias against Orlando is clear - we get zero national coverage even with 2-time player of the month, Dwight Howard!!
F Rosen

Palm Bay, FL

#14 Jan 4, 2008
big vern wrote:
all the small guards drive right to the basket with ease what's up with that, they should be on their butts, and trying free throws. all game long basket wide open, even with howard in the game. i know they got back in the game but when are they going to lead and get a killer instinct at home..still waiting.
That's why Otis brought in Foyle. Too bad Him and Lewis are both off season busts. Everyone said that though this summer. Way to gamble our future cap Otis!
beech917

AOL

#15 Jan 4, 2008
HOW DO YOU WIN SO MANY GAMES ON THE ROAD AND HAVE A LOOSING RECORD AT HOME? MOST OF THEIR LOSES HAVE BEEN AGAINST TEAMS UNDER .500.MAYBE THEY'RE AFFRAID OF THE CROWD..WELL MAYBE THEY SHOULD BE,BECAUSE THERE'S NO EXCUSE FOR THEIR RECORD AT HOME....
lorenzo

Plano, TX

#16 Jan 4, 2008
the magic is a team that relies on confidence. when they are on a winning streak and think they are the best team in the world, they play like it. when the winning streak ends their confidence goes straight down the drain. like...after the west coast road trip we went 4-1 and everything was fine and dandy...then we came home to play the horrible pacers, a team they had a huge lead on and blew it...after that everything went down. they FINALLY got their confidence back when they went on that 4 game winning streak...had a huge lead against the terrible nets...and blew it. they just didnt have the confidence in the houston game. dwight never plays good against yao probably cause hes 3423423 feet tall and his legs are as big as a regular humans whole body, dwight looks like a midget next to him, funny how he dominates dwight and blows against every other teams starting center. oh well the magic WILL get home court advantage, i just hope it means something.
Jim

United States

#17 Jan 4, 2008
No Tracy McGrady. This one should have been easy. But once again the Magic roll out the red carpet right from the beginning and allow Houston to score 32 points in the first quarter.
What is Dwight in some kind of a funk now ? Is he going to get another coach fired now ?
Tired of the damn bs about how "we need to turn it around at home". Just go out there and do it. No more lip service please.
I hate to say it but I think I smell a losing streak coming on. My predicition is that they will lose 3 out of 4 or all 4 on this road trip.
Sooner or later the road success is going to come to an end, especially when teams start playing harder toward the end of the season. Then they will have to gobble up more wins at home. Right now I don't see that happening. Looks like another 40 or 42 win season and another first round playoff exit.
What a pleasure it was to watch the Pistons win yet again. That is a team that knows how to get it done. What a defense they have. Plus they play with a lot of emotion. The Magic have about as much emotion as a corpse.
They need to get it going very soon or they will be lucky to even make the playoffs.
big vern

Lady Lake, FL

#18 Jan 4, 2008
that's good go on the road magic and don't come back. the last few games at home are the ones you win and not come from behind to fall short, there is no such thing as a moral victory. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME.
HitTheRoadJack

Orlando, FL

#19 Jan 4, 2008
Man can't wait till the magic hit the raod then at least my chances of seeing them win dramtically increase. I can't belive the Magic suit and ties couldn't negotiate a deal to get the games on t.v how sad. Can we call the Amway something else. How bout the O-rena. Maybe then they'll play better. Why not double team Yao more? Howard simply got worked. Hopefully the injury to Bogins isnt serious.

Terry Catlidge "The Original"
Jim

United States

#20 Jan 4, 2008
big vern wrote:
I am afraid all of us are gonna be waiting a long time vern unfortunately. I just don't see it happening with this team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keyon Dooling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA negotiations last 16 hours; more talks planned (Oct '11) Oct '11 Sammy 38
News Timberwolves 119, Bucks 118 (OT): Wolves win ga... (Oct '10) Oct '10 johnny 3
News Ex-Dillard star Dooling cut by New Jersey Nets (Jun '10) Jun '10 Manny Rodriguez 1
News Keyon Dooling still holds warm feelings for the... (Feb '09) Jun '09 Tree 16
News Magic lose number two seed chance in loss to Nets (Apr '09) Apr '09 LMAO 105
News Orlando Magic (58-21) at New Jersey Nets (32-47), (Apr '09) Apr '09 Knick Chick 1
News Wolves snap seven-game skid with victory over Nets (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 3
More from around the web