Magic turn it on too late again

What should have been the easiest game on this swing through the Western Conference turned into a glaring disaster for the Orlando Magic on Tuesday night. Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Jim

Olla, LA

#1 Jan 8, 2008
Just as I predicted, this will be the first of 4 consecutive losses on this road trip. At that point it will be a 6 game losing streak.
We all better get used to this. The bubble has burst here. The Magic are showing their true colors. They give no effort at all whatsoever. Absolutely no intensity, especially on the defensive side of the ball.
Now they will begin to lose on the road as I predicted as well. Right now it doesn't matter who they are playing or where, when they have no heart and don't give any effort on the court then the losing will continue to mount.
Like I said folks, 40 or 42 wins at best for this team, with a first round exit from the playoffs.
No sense even discussing the Sacramento game further. I think it speaks for itself.
I think there is something going on with Howard as well. Something doesn't seem right. The team will always look to the leader and do what ? Follow the leader. They are following him right out of the playoffs unfortunately.
Jackson

Henderson, NV

#2 Jan 8, 2008
wow carlos arroyo is really tearing it up, all the arroyo fans who wanted him to start can now shut the you what up, did not watch the game but in the past few games that he has started for a pass first PG he has not done sh*t, has he even dished out more than 4 passes a game since starting? The team should and im sure will go back to Nelson as soon as they realize arroyo is a 3rd stringer or a decent 2nd, def not a starter, the way Nelson has played so far this season though is not starting material but a lot better than Arroyo. If the Magic continue to struggle defensively, expect some sort of a trade by mid season. Lets go Magic, I still have faith, this team will get past the 1st round of the post season, and that right there is a big step above last year, and can head into the next year on a positive note.
Support your team, dont hate!
GO MAGIC!!!!!
Faraway Magic fan

Beijing, China

#3 Jan 8, 2008
Man, this is just sad. Its the same story every year, start out like a contender, and end the season like a pretender.
Faraway Magic fan

Beijing, China

#4 Jan 8, 2008
Yea, where are all the Arroyo lovers? Man, he sucks so bad, he was constantly turning the ball over the entire game. And you Arroyo lovers say he is starting material and runs the team well??!! What a joke??!! He should go to the D league and learn how to play basketball.
Charlie

Belleview, FL

#5 Jan 9, 2008
I agree that it was not the Magics best display tonight. That being said they are still on pace to win about 50 games, not bad for a team whose nucleus is still so young. Also, I am thankful Stan is the coach. I would guarantee that the Magic would have a far worse record with Billy Donavan coaching them. One move I think has already proved to be bad though was trading Ariza for 2 less talented players. Trevor could have helped tonight if nothing else on the defensive end.

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#6 Jan 9, 2008
Well the good news is that JJ got to play for 8 minutes in the final period and he scored 10 points in that time, by the way that was more then the other guards who got a lot more playing time.
Sixx

United States

#7 Jan 9, 2008
Wow Jim, how many "I told you so" can you get in one post?

Yeah, yeah, we get it. The Magic have no defense nor do they have a veteran leader to whip them into giving the type of effort to beat a very average banged up team.

Here is my I told you so that I have been saying for weeks: Start CA, Start JN, it doesn't matter. What this team needs is a big. Preferably a veteran with a bit of a nasty streak. Starting Hedo and Rashard is not going to work. The word is out: Just drive to the rim vs. the Magic.

I agree with Jim's statement about Howard. He needs help in the paint. He looks like he knows they don't have enough and is tired of getting beat up. They all look "mentally fatigued" if there is such a thing. The intensity that they had shows up now only in spurts.

I hate to agree with gloomy predictions, but without adding a legit big, Jim is right.

What is up with these refs?
Luke

United States

#8 Jan 9, 2008
Jim, you and I (always) share the same opinion about this team. Everything you said is true and I don't have to repeat it. I think Howard is disgusted with the way the guards are playing--offensively & defensively. This team is playing without a point guard, much worse--guards that can't defend the opponent's back court. I feel the frustration SVG is experiencing right now after tinkering with the lineup, quarter by quarter. Obviously, none of the different combinations gave him what he wanted. So it's time for Otis to step in and make personnel changes. I think this is the only way to get this team back on track.
Luke

United States

#9 Jan 9, 2008
Sixx wrote:
Wow Jim, how many "I told you so" can you get in one post?
Yeah, yeah, we get it. The Magic have no defense nor do they have a veteran leader to whip them into giving the type of effort to beat a very average banged up team.
Here is my I told you so that I have been saying for weeks: Start CA, Start JN, it doesn't matter. What this team needs is a big. Preferably a veteran with a bit of a nasty streak. Starting Hedo and Rashard is not going to work. The word is out: Just drive to the rim vs. the Magic.
I agree with Jim's statement about Howard. He needs help in the paint. He looks like he knows they don't have enough and is tired of getting beat up. They all look "mentally fatigued" if there is such a thing. The intensity that they had shows up now only in spurts.
I hate to agree with gloomy predictions, but without adding a legit big, Jim is right.
What is up with these refs?
I agree. Howard needs a PF that can rebound, block, and shoot as well. It's time to stop playing Hedo & Rashard together at the 3 & 4. Rashard should be slid back to the 3 and Hedo back to his 6th-man role. Arroyo & Nelson should not be played together because both cannot defend and are undersized.

Since: Jun 07

Nanning, China

#10 Jan 9, 2008
Jim I have watched all your predictions all season and you haven't been right one time yet. Your 6 game losing streak is a loser prediction and your 42 wins for the season is a loser. I will be interested in seeing what your next loser prediction will be.

Just as I predicted, this will be the first of 4 consecutive losses on this road trip. At that point it will be a 6 game losing streak.
Orl Native

Altamonte Springs, FL

#11 Jan 9, 2008
Your real Orlando Magic! ugh, Its hard to know where to start with the improvements, other than Howard and Rashard we have no legit starters. How can Smith not see the glaring need at PF. We dont even have a bench at the 4 spot. I agree with everyone, Hedo plays great in a sixth man role that he always seemed to relish, that solves more than one problem with providing scoring off the bench. This team may be ok with Jameer running the point until next year if we could only add that big rebounding nasty PF. Playing Rashard at the 4 is a joke, and its not funny anymore. C'mon Otis make the RIGHT move and earn your paycheck. Please.
Norbert

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#12 Jan 9, 2008
It was probably the worst game the Magic have played all season. Back to the drawing board.
el boricua

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

#13 Jan 9, 2008
Hey to all of you CA haters, I enjoyed the lost last night and for now on I am going to enjoy every lost. I think SVG is just not fair with CA he was playing good and lost his confidence when SVG start to put JN more minutes that him and without any reason in the last games after he was playing well.
Can anyone tell me what the hell Nelson did in the first half to earn the start in the second half? JN played more time in the first half that CA and finished with two assist and two turnovers, CA finish the first half with two assist and 0 turnovers.
So my point stills the same Otis want JN to play and SVG need to do that. After all he is the best point guard. Period. Period.
Go Magic, start to loose more that I am going to enjoy the ride!
el boricua

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

#14 Jan 9, 2008
Hey to all of you CA haters, I enjoyed the lost last night and for now on I am going to enjoy every lost. I think SVG is just not fair with CA he was playing good and lost his confidence when SVG start to put JN more minutes that him and without any reason in the last games after he was playing well.
Can anyone tell me what the hell Nelson did in the first half to earn the start in the second half? JN played more time in the first half that CA and finished with two assist and two turnovers, CA finish the first half with two assist and 0 turnovers.
So my point stills the same Otis want JN to play and SVG need to do that. After all he is the best point guard. Period. Period.
Go Magic, start to lost more that I am going to enjoy the ride!
big vern

Summerfield, FL

#15 Jan 9, 2008
the magic coming back to earth now, i guess from past history it was about due. it's going to be hard to win on the road, so home is where they need to start winning...
overit

Converse, TX

#16 Jan 9, 2008
Charlie wrote:
I agree that it was not the Magics best display tonight. That being said they are still on pace to win about 50 games, not bad for a team whose nucleus is still so young. Also, I am thankful Stan is the coach. I would guarantee that the Magic would have a far worse record with Billy Donavan coaching them. One move I think has already proved to be bad though was trading Ariza for 2 less talented players. Trevor could have helped tonight if nothing else on the defensive end.
What are you smoking charlie? 50 wins? lottery pick my man, after they lose these four, the wheels come off completely, Dwight will not take the criticism of VG, JJ will be traded and become an all-star, and we will start over. Thses players can't be motivated to compete until a few minutes left in the game,start slow every game, squander leads, no killer instinct, soft on defense,smile and hug opposing players, smile during and after a defeat, and you say 50 wins? Keep giving gifts and turkeys to the poor families that is what is important.
KENNETH NEGRON

Owensboro, KY

#18 Jan 9, 2008
magic need a leader on that team to put respect on that team howard is too young for that position. bring kidd to this team mature he knows alot on the game trade reddick,nelson,garrity,agustin e. always waiting to the end and then said next year. why the celtics getting along because garnette is a leader. magic very dissapointment with that talent.bring defense to the team poor defense always not enought effort .
big vern

Summerfield, FL

#19 Jan 9, 2008
Philip13 wrote:
Well the good news is that JJ got to play for 8 minutes in the final period and he scored 10 points in that time, by the way that was more then the other guards who got a lot more playing time.
that's my point all along the magic are a shooting team, they have the best pure shooter sitting on the bench...how much sense does that make. and for all the people that say he does not play any defense, well guess what neither do all the other guards..
KENNETH NEGRON

Owensboro, KY

#20 Jan 9, 2008
hey overit respect with the P.R people sport is like that . if you know the damage is done with your team. paid alot of money to the players and guess done they got what they whant and they forget what is play hard every night. arroyo is not making 35 millions to do turnovers like nelson and play like crazy . in that team they dont have a captain if you know about basketball play yourself. ignorant
Florida Sport Fan

Orlando, FL

#21 Jan 9, 2008
Perhaps they need to get rid of the PR point guard that they seem to start, the problem is that no other team is interested in him!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keyon Dooling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA negotiations last 16 hours; more talks planned (Oct '11) Oct '11 Sammy 38
Timberwolves 119, Bucks 118 (OT): Wolves win ga... (Oct '10) Oct '10 johnny 3
Ex-Dillard star Dooling cut by New Jersey Nets (Jun '10) Jun '10 Manny Rodriguez 1
Keyon Dooling still holds warm feelings for the... (Feb '09) Jun '09 Tree 16
Magic lose number two seed chance in loss to Nets (Apr '09) Apr '09 LMAO 105
Orlando Magic (58-21) at New Jersey Nets (32-47), (Apr '09) Apr '09 Knick Chick 1
Wolves snap seven-game skid with victory over Nets (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 3

Keyon Dooling People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE