Dooling leaves Magic for Nets with no hard feelings

There are 17 comments on the Jul 24, 2008, Orlando Sentinel story titled Dooling leaves Magic for Nets with no hard feelings. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

He may be wearing different colors the next time he comes to Orlando, but former Magic guard Keyon Dooling said he isn't leaving town with tart tidings about how things ended here.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
chris

Altamonte Springs, FL

#23 Jul 24, 2008
coolzero wrote:
I believe aquiring J. Crittenton is a good move. If Orlando still lookinf for a PF. Josh Smith would fit Orlando'd style of Play. If there is a possibility to trade for Josh smith for Turk, Cook and a first round I would do it. That's if the numbers are workable. If Orlando goes over the luxury tax then its a small price to pay for a championship team this year.
I WOULD agree with you, however, Turk is still MUCH more efficient offensively. Smoove would be a great player next to dwight, but he'd have to take a hit to his scoring totals and I dunno how well he'd really do at the PF. Now, if Turk lets us know what he intends on doing with his contract after next year (how much more $$)then this changes everything and i'm allllll for bringin j smoove to o-town.
nanningbob

Nanning, China

#24 Jul 24, 2008
Big Dumb Dumb wrote:
Keyon Dooling scoring 30+ on the Magic? Get serious. Opposing SG's made a habit of dropping 30+ on Evans/Dooling/Bogans this year. We dumped 2 of these guys to improve our defense and turnovers. Anthony Johnson, Pietrus, and Lee will make our team better. I like Dooling, but you can't keep everyone you like while trying to improve the team. I guarantee if Bogans would have opted out of his contract, he would be gone as well (we might have made a stronger effort to sign Dooling too) I think Otis and Stan know what they are doing...
Good insight. I agree, I think the Magic are going to trade Bogans. He actually had a good year and his trade value would be highest right now. Also, since he has 1 year left on his contract, he is attractive to teams looking to shed salary.

Since: Jul 08

New York, NY

#25 Jul 24, 2008
nanningbob wrote:
<quoted text>
Good insight. I agree, I think the Magic are going to trade Bogans. He actually had a good year and his trade value would be highest right now. Also, since he has 1 year left on his contract, he is attractive to teams looking to shed salary.
Also it's a waste to have 4 SG's on your team when you are still in the need of a PG and a PF.
LMAO

AOL

#26 Jul 24, 2008
Bob Loblaw wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know? Youre so full of BS. We all know JJ will end up in Europe, but it wont be his choice. It will be because he cant get a job in this country.
Well Bob part of your post is correct... But you always seem to overlook the fact that about 70% of the NBA players have a high school GED and no brains whatsoever.

Hence ,to say that having a 4 year Duke degree will not get you a job in the USA seems like you might have a GED yourself...as far as my posts, they are just like everyone elses except I have far more insight and intelligence than the majority here and I can point out all the faults of the Magic and how so far they still have yet to improve the team.

Actually I forgot, there is one improvement that in the long run may help the team unless the psycho coach SVG and the 86-IQ GM Otis, screw him up too...Courtney Lee.
A potential excellent "baller" but more than likely with some other team though the way this outfit is run.

:)
mojo

Joplin, MO

#28 Jul 25, 2008
ExultedRulerKK wrote:
Dont matter bout Dooling those nba people buy and sell the darkies all time. What wrong is that JJ Reddick happens to be a white christian that follows his faith and dont have NO kids outta wedlock and is just from a middle class family and not the ghetto. Bad for him he went to Duke, is white, and the Magic are racists team. They never let him play he would upset to many of the darkies by being better than they are so people like that Otis A-hol & that VanGudy ****-got wont let no white boy make dem all look bad.
Never happen to a kid like Courtney Lee you watch he be playin while the whites that aint from Transylvania or some foreign place sit and watch.
Congress should step in and takeover that racists nba and give it back to the real americans but they to scared to tell the truth how they feel cause someone saay it aint PO Lit Icaly Co Rrect.
Magic and NBA are the racists.
wow. you need a role model.
mojo

Joplin, MO

#29 Jul 25, 2008
again, congrats keyon on your contract. glad that there are no hard feelings. enjoyed watching you play while you were here.

clear to me that otis is trying to get a bigger, more pass 1st guy like crittenton to come in, something he and stan seem to have hoped dooling would become.

hope critteton gets traded to us and thank you sentinel for the mini update on nothing happening yet.
csg122

Brooklyn, NY

#30 Jul 25, 2008
d12rocks wrote:
i have a feeling otis will do something that will catch us off guard. because if there is one thing i know about otis it is he says one thing to throw you off when he is trying to do something totally different. and whatever it is i know it is for the good of the team and he has done a pretty good job so far by my standards and i am at the point where i trust his desicions. oh and while i am at ithere is my prediction of the eastern conference finals:
orlando vs. philly(if they get iggy and lou back) magic win in 7 games.
go magic!
Im sorry but this is a way too positive thing to say about otis and the magic. Sure otis turned the magic into a good team but he could have easily been able to turn it into a great team w/ dwight in the middle. I have liked his moves recently and i hope he keeps it up by getting javaris and maybe elton brown. And by the way, there is a very small chance that those two teams will be in the east finals.
LMAO

AOL

#31 Jul 25, 2008
Sweet dreams babies! There isn't gonna be any Magic team in ANY Finals for years to come.

Dream on!

MAGICFAN2000

Sanford, FL

#32 Jul 25, 2008
ExultedRulerKK wrote:
Dont matter bout Dooling those nba people buy and sell the darkies all time. What wrong is that JJ Reddick happens to be a white christian that follows his faith and dont have NO kids outta wedlock and is just from a middle class family and not the ghetto. Bad for him he went to Duke, is white, and the Magic are racists team. They never let him play he would upset to many of the darkies by being better than they are so people like that Otis A-hol & that VanGudy ****-got wont let no white boy make dem all look bad.
Never happen to a kid like Courtney Lee you watch he be playin while the whites that aint from Transylvania or some foreign place sit and watch.
Congress should step in and takeover that racists nba and give it back to the real americans but they to scared to tell the truth how they feel cause someone saay it aint PO Lit Icaly Co Rrect.
Magic and NBA are the racists.

Hey exulted ruler of the kkk,
why don't you tell us exactly where you live cuz I'd love to come over to your place and burn a cross or two, maybe linch or hang somebody. Who knows- I just don't know if there's enough time. Here's a news flash for an ignorant, inbred, ill fated imbicille. We are all from somewhere else. Even the Native Amereican you would probably call the redman or something assinine like that. You me African, Native Americans are all true. Your disdain for anyone who's not white is pathetic. Oh by the way your grammar and vocabulary are so poor, you don't exactly sound like an affluent white male. You sound like an idiot who lives in a trailor park. So yee-haw you narrow minded fool.
willie

Pompano Beach, FL

#33 Jul 25, 2008
i dont think otis will get javariss nelson would never let otis bring in someone who is a threat at getting his starting spot javariss is much better and would out play him in camp that would force stan too start him over nelson opening night. now as far as picking up a big otis should go after jammal magliore he is a cheap pick up and is still young and was a allstar

Since: Jul 08

Gulf Breeze, FL

#34 Jul 25, 2008
Has anyone heard anything more on the J.Crittenton rumors?
LMAO

AOL

#35 Jul 25, 2008
I read the article about the Magics big breaking ground.
I loved the part where Jameer said he was really excited and cant wait to be playing in the new Building.
Little does he know that he more than likely will be,(A) traded by then,(B) sitting on the bench behind 2 other PG's...
No prob though he still has the BIG Contract so he can sit and colect!

Fan-attic

United States

#36 Jul 25, 2008
Ive been around the country with my job. Have never seen a more laughable fanbase than the Magic.
So many things I could bring up-the Chuck Daly era, the Grant Hill era, the demise of the Fan-attic, etc.

Your high hopes crack me up.Its always the same with the Magic. Btw, Otis Smith will be out within the next three years.

You are a laughingstock.
LMAO

AOL

#37 Jul 26, 2008
Fan-attic wrote:
Ive been around the country with my job. Have never seen a more laughable fanbase than the Magic.
So many things I could bring up-the Chuck Daly era, the Grant Hill era, the demise of the Fan-attic, etc.
Your high hopes crack me up.Its always the same with the Magic. Btw, Otis Smith will be out within the next three years.
You are a laughingstock.
What the H! FINALLY! Someone posting on here that actually has a Brain!

I Luv YOU Man!

mojo

Frisco, TX

#39 Jul 27, 2008
ExultedRulerKK wrote:
<quoted text>
I sorry you been born black & poor but thats the breaks boy. Maybe you get lucky and find out ya daddy is Dwight or some otter nba big daddy.
You aint allowed to be burnin no crosses boy. That aint Po-lit-I-cally Co- rect! You got to get some history schoolin to. Indians are ok they just drink to much and gamble. Those that made this country great are the Germans. Without their hardwork and moral ethics this place would be totally like all the ghettos in the big cities all over. Live like trash get treated like trash. That be the rules in real life. Im a hopin that I get me a new doublewide soon so then I'll have it made. Fool.
yes, and racist like you learned sooooooo much morality from the Germans didn't you? lynching, slavery, murder, sodomy, and oppression. applause to your "morality". just go away and let the magic fans enjoy talk about basketball and actually having fun.

just live life and stop worrying about the skin i'm in!
mojo

Frisco, TX

#40 Jul 27, 2008
Fan-attic wrote:
You are a laughingstock.
you can join him smart a**
Only the Facts

Altamonte Springs, FL

#41 Jul 27, 2008
Hey Orlando TRAGIC players

Win some games and donate 25 percent of your earnings for the new arena, by the way if you haven't figured it out we don't think you deserve it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keyon Dooling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA negotiations last 16 hours; more talks planned (Oct '11) Oct '11 Sammy 38
News Timberwolves 119, Bucks 118 (OT): Wolves win ga... (Oct '10) Oct '10 johnny 3
News Ex-Dillard star Dooling cut by New Jersey Nets (Jun '10) Jun '10 Manny Rodriguez 1
News Keyon Dooling still holds warm feelings for the... (Feb '09) Jun '09 Tree 16
News Magic lose number two seed chance in loss to Nets (Apr '09) Apr '09 LMAO 105
News Orlando Magic (58-21) at New Jersey Nets (32-47), (Apr '09) Apr '09 Knick Chick 1
News Wolves snap seven-game skid with victory over Nets (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 3
More from around the web