Dooling leaves Magic for Nets with no...

Dooling leaves Magic for Nets with no hard feelings

There are 37 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jul 24, 2008, titled Dooling leaves Magic for Nets with no hard feelings. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

He may be wearing different colors the next time he comes to Orlando, but former Magic guard Keyon Dooling said he isn't leaving town with tart tidings about how things ended here.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
d12rocks

Newnan, GA

#1 Jul 24, 2008
well keyon your energy will be messed and i hope you have a good life in new jersey and thanks for a great year.
jack

United States

#2 Jul 24, 2008
No hard feelings? That's funny, considering everything you said
sounded like someone with hard feelings. It's so fake now-a-days and so mainstream for these guys to do one thing and then redefine what they did. It's comical. Do any of these guys tell the truth about anything? Sounds to me like some publicist told him what to say. Who cares if he has hard feelings or not? Is that really a story? If Dooling's feelings is hurt. It was so obvious that they were. Go cry on VC's shoulder and try not to turn the ball over with 2 econds left on the clock like last year.
nanningbob

Nanning, China

#3 Jul 24, 2008
I liked Dooling and hope he continues to have a successful career. Just as long as he saves his turnovers for when he plays Orlando. :)
ryan

New York, NY

#4 Jul 24, 2008
We'll cheer the moment you step on the court to light us up for 30+ in the first home game vs the Nets.
The Living Tribunal

Baton Rouge, LA

#5 Jul 24, 2008
I had the chance to meet Keyon a few years ago and let me tell you, he is truly a nice guy. He just talked about how blessed he was and he loves his kids very much. Orlando let a good one get away and hopefully he will make the most out of his oppurtunity in New Jersey. He will be backing up a real point guard and with all the off-season moves that the Nets made, I expect them to be a playoff team. Good luck Keyon, I wish that Otis could have seen what we all know, hustle can't be replaced!
Reader

Tavares, FL

#7 Jul 24, 2008
To LMAO:
I hope JJ goes overseas and you go with him. And "black american league" [sic]? So, you are a fool and a racist?
LMAO

AOL

#9 Jul 24, 2008
Truth hurts!

:)
d12rocks

Newnan, GA

#10 Jul 24, 2008
i have a feeling otis will do something that will catch us off guard. because if there is one thing i know about otis it is he says one thing to throw you off when he is trying to do something totally different. and whatever it is i know it is for the good of the team and he has done a pretty good job so far by my standards and i am at the point where i trust his desicions. oh and while i am at ithere is my prediction of the eastern conference finals:

orlando vs. philly(if they get iggy and lou back) magic win in 7 games.
go magic!
Wojtek

New Port Richey, FL

#11 Jul 24, 2008
Good luck Keyon!! Thank you!
d12rocks

Newnan, GA

#12 Jul 24, 2008
nanningbob wrote:
I liked Dooling and hope he continues to have a successful career. Just as long as he saves his turnovers for when he plays Orlando.:)
ditto.
Jake

West Des Moines, IA

#13 Jul 24, 2008
Pietrus is going to more than replace what Dooling did at the 2 spot. We have a realistic chance of making the Finals this year. Go MAGIC! Can't wait for the season to begin...
Total Keyon Fan

AOL

#14 Jul 24, 2008
I find Jacks (from Columus, Ohio)comment to be pretty funny! He claims that Keyon sounds like he has hard feelings and that he (Jack) doesn't feel that any of the "guys" (players)tell the truth about anything anymore. Apparently, Jack doesn't read the Sentinel! Otis started out by pretty much saying he wouldn't let Keyon go, then a few days later there are talks of the possibility of Keyon leaving! To top it all off Otis then claimed to have NO clue about Keyon possibly going to the Nets! As we all know now, that was a crock! So it should be Otis, not Keyon that should be accused of not telling the truth! My husband and I have been season ticket holders for over 10 years. The Magic organization has made some HUGE mistakes in the past and letting Keyon go is just another in that long list! He always brought energy to the floor and could change the pace of the game but Otis wanted his "boy" Pietrus here so yet again, we lose another good player. Keyon will be missed here and I for one will be cheering for him when he comes "home", even if he is wearing a Nets jersey!
Bob Loblaw

Lady Lake, FL

#15 Jul 24, 2008
He was a good player, a good guy. But he was expendable. His energy off the bench might not be able to be replaced with the current roster we have in place. He should get some playing time in NJ, because they suck.
Bob Loblaw

Lady Lake, FL

#16 Jul 24, 2008
LMAO wrote:
Truth hurts!
How would you know? Youre so full of BS. We all know JJ will end up in Europe, but it wont be his choice. It will be because he cant get a job in this country.
LMAO

AOL

#17 Jul 24, 2008
Total Keyon Fan wrote:
I find Jacks (from Columus, Ohio)comment to be pretty funny! He claims that Keyon sounds like he has hard feelings and that he (Jack) doesn't feel that any of the "guys" (players)tell the truth about anything anymore. Apparently, Jack doesn't read the Sentinel! Otis started out by pretty much saying he wouldn't let Keyon go, then a few days later there are talks of the possibility of Keyon leaving! To top it all off Otis then claimed to have NO clue about Keyon possibly going to the Nets! As we all know now, that was a crock! So it should be Otis, not Keyon that should be accused of not telling the truth! My husband and I have been season ticket holders for over 10 years. The Magic organization has made some HUGE mistakes in the past and letting Keyon go is just another in that long list! He always brought energy to the floor and could change the pace of the game but Otis wanted his "boy" Pietrus here so yet again, we lose another good player. Keyon will be missed here and I for one will be cheering for him when he comes "home", even if he is wearing a Nets jersey!
10 years! My gosh you are a glutton for punishment!

Your post is absolutely exactly on target.

Dan

San Antonio, TX

#18 Jul 24, 2008
Get JC here NOW Otis!!!!
Big Dumb Dumb

AOL

#19 Jul 24, 2008
Keyon Dooling scoring 30+ on the Magic? Get serious. Opposing SG's made a habit of dropping 30+ on Evans/Dooling/Bogans this year. We dumped 2 of these guys to improve our defense and turnovers. Anthony Johnson, Pietrus, and Lee will make our team better. I like Dooling, but you can't keep everyone you like while trying to improve the team. I guarantee if Bogans would have opted out of his contract, he would be gone as well (we might have made a stronger effort to sign Dooling too) I think Otis and Stan know what they are doing...
coolzero

Saint Petersburg, FL

#20 Jul 24, 2008
I believe aquiring J. Crittenton is a good move. If Orlando still lookinf for a PF. Josh Smith would fit Orlando'd style of Play. If there is a possibility to trade for Josh smith for Turk, Cook and a first round I would do it. That's if the numbers are workable. If Orlando goes over the luxury tax then its a small price to pay for a championship team this year.
d12rocks

Newnan, GA

#21 Jul 24, 2008
coolzero wrote:
I believe aquiring J. Crittenton is a good move. If Orlando still lookinf for a PF. Josh Smith would fit Orlando'd style of Play. If there is a possibility to trade for Josh smith for Turk, Cook and a first round I would do it. That's if the numbers are workable. If Orlando goes over the luxury tax then its a small price to pay for a championship team this year.
atlanta would only do that if battie was in th deal instead of brian cook. the trade would be good for us but it takes 2 teams to make a deal and we don't even know what otis is doing.
chris

Altamonte Springs, FL

#22 Jul 24, 2008
Total Keyon Fan wrote:
So what is your alternative? Keep Dooling and have the EXACT same team as last year? hahaha There is always a need to improve. Pietrus is a very solid defender and has a much better 3 ball. he fits our system perfectly. Dooling was a nice player, but there was a need for a change. If you think Otis made a mistake, then you need to stop watching sports on the whole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keyon Dooling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA negotiations last 16 hours; more talks planned (Oct '11) Oct '11 Sammy 38
News Timberwolves 119, Bucks 118 (OT): Wolves win ga... (Oct '10) Oct '10 johnny 3
News Ex-Dillard star Dooling cut by New Jersey Nets (Jun '10) Jun '10 Manny Rodriguez 1
News Keyon Dooling still holds warm feelings for the... (Feb '09) Jun '09 Tree 16
News Magic lose number two seed chance in loss to Nets (Apr '09) Apr '09 LMAO 105
News Orlando Magic (58-21) at New Jersey Nets (32-47), (Apr '09) Apr '09 Knick Chick 1
News Wolves snap seven-game skid with victory over Nets (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 3
More from around the web