It's most likely back to the bench for Redick

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Don't hold your breath waiting to see if J.J. Redick will play again anytime soon.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
el boricua

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

SVG says:

"Jameer is our guy," Van Gundy said. "There are two things, basically, that he needs. One is consistency in his shooting, and there's no reason why that won't come as he gains more confidence. The second is better decision making, and usually that comes with experience. That will continue to improve. We're going to stick with him."

In other words, he is a horrible point guard and he sucks, but he needs to play because of his 35 million contract.
e leb

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

I want to see Jameer in the playoff with this "Consistency". Arroyo got more playoff experience that the whole team, at least he score more that 20pts against the dream team.
BasketBall_God

Longwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Live by the troll, die by the troll Nelson for a other ending season of failure! Jerry West must be licking his chops knowing there will be a GM opening for the Magic at end of season. Otis has fail to get P.J. Brown and others that could help this team for the playoffs. Smith did nothing for Golden State in the past, and he shall not be the GM anymore once the magic gets bounce out the first round again. Thee hope the sixers face magic in first round of the playoffs, this way their back court can out score the magic back court in every game by 52-2 in points. Therefore when Otis is no longer GM he'll blame Redick for his own failure! Thee may got can by Otis, but in the end Smith will get his just reward and thee will be still be coaching as a Basket Ball God in N.J. with no more whinning Kidd to coach!
Palm Bay Reader

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

You know you're in trouble when your own Coach says that his starting point guard needs consistency in his shooting, confidence and better decision making in the last part of the season before the playoffs. How much time does a point guard need to have alll those traits? Shouldn't he have had them all along at the start of the season? Reality is - Jameer is not a starter and shouldn't be. He is probably better coming off the bench in spurts.
Steve Van Grumpy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Jameer will become the next magic johnson in the near future....all he needs is is is is is is is is is better ball handling, better shooting skills ,better court vision ,better passing abilities, better clutch play ,better height and a coach like me who believes in him even when he sucks big time!!!
JJ justice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Why is not applying the same for JJ. JN is the OS prefered baby. SVG is just following orders.

" One is consistency in his shooting, and there's no reason why that won't come as he gains more confidence. The second is better decision making, and usually that comes with experience. That will continue to improve. We're going to stick with him."

SVG what about JN defense ? is good ? is going to improve with experience or confidence ? What about his size, is going to improve also ? If ask OS he will said yes JN will be 6'3" in the future.... as JJ
Steve Van Grumpy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

During the playoffs i will judge jameer not in a wins and losses but in his ability to get an O.S. interview with Brian Schmuck that makes believe that the whole team should be consistant and be better on D when he is the one beeing torched....now, i call that : LEADERSHIP!
Jackson

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

GOOD
esteban

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

I think Nelson and Arroyo should both be on the bench, neither one of those guys are any good. I would give there minutes to JJ and see what happens. If Turkalou can bvring the ball up the court then why not have JJ in the game? Its not like we need a PG to dribble the ball up court anybody can do that. Og is about decison making period. Arroyo and Nelson have both proven to have very low IQ's. I doubt they could even pass a college entrance exam without someone else giving them the answers (probably exactly how they got into college). All you have to do is listen to them talk and watch what they do, to realize you are not dealing with anyone smart. Reddick graduated from Duke, he is smart, he has the intelligence to make the right decisions. I know all you experts say reddick could not play PG, which is so stupid. Anyone that really knows basketball knows that would be the best spot for him on this team. It makes all the since in the world. He is smarter (key), good passer, good shooter, has height.
Case closed!
robertohenry

San Josť, Costa Rica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

God have mercy on us!
MAGIC FAN

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

perfect example of orlando magic fans in all these posts...disgraceful
MAGIC FAN

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

nothing nelson can do would ever be good enough cause half the people posting are from PR and want arroyo to play just because of his heritage. Well in that case..im upset and going to post on EVERY SINGLE LIVING F***** POST to play Garrity more because im irish...GO GARRITY!!! see how stupid it sounds?!?!!? please cheer for CA, i have no problem with that, but just quit whining and complaining...

“Life's a Beach”

Since: Dec 07

Cocoa Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Here we go again. I'm not even going to get involved today in this blog..

Go Magic!
TATO

Mount Dora, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

NELSON, NELSON , NELSON . YES, MAGIC GOING TO CHAMPION , ARE YOU HAPPY OTIS ?? NELSON , NELSON, NELSON.....
35 MILLION BEST POINT GUARD EVER , NELSON, NELSON, NELSON....
I WANT TO SEE THIS HAMSTER IN THE PLAY OFF , WITH HIS 5'10 AGAINT BIGGER POINT GUARD ,
NELSON, NELSON, NELSON,.....
PR PRIDE

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

That what im talking bout. You people make me sick. Cant admit how good CA is. Otis no trade because he know that it will come back. CA is most pure PG in league. He just not given the chance to shine. Hampster not pure PG he just stupid little ball hog.
Wish I could be there Saturday nite.
CA will shine on Latin nite and then be benched again for doing a good job.
Bob Rockledge

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

esteban wrote:
I think Nelson and Arroyo should both be on the bench, neither one of those guys are any good. I would give there minutes to JJ and see what happens. If Turkalou can bvring the ball up the court then why not have JJ in the game? Its not like we need a PG to dribble the ball up court anybody can do that. Og is about decison making period. Arroyo and Nelson have both proven to have very low IQ's. I doubt they could even pass a college entrance exam without someone else giving them the answers (probably exactly how they got into college). All you have to do is listen to them talk and watch what they do, to realize you are not dealing with anyone smart. Reddick graduated from Duke, he is smart, he has the intelligence to make the right decisions. I know all you experts say reddick could not play PG, which is so stupid. Anyone that really knows basketball knows that would be the best spot for him on this team. It makes all the since in the world. He is smarter (key), good passer, good shooter, has height.
Case closed!
I agree. Maybe we can trade Nelson to Bulls for Duhon (who can back up JJ along w/Dooling; Bulls would replace Gordon w/Nelson as a 6th man.
stan van dummy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

I am right and you are all wrong. JJ loves the end of the bench. He keeps Garrity company. My point guard has to be at my level so Hamster J is da man. I love Otis too. He is dummer than me. I am da boss just ask D12 and Carlos More later fans of mine
Tony

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Bob Rockledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Maybe we can trade Nelson to Bulls for Duhon (who can back up JJ along w/Dooling; Bulls would replace Gordon w/Nelson as a 6th man.
You are both idiots...not even reddick thinks he should be a point guard..he isn't quick enough or a good enough ballhandler to get his shot off how is he supposed to set other people up? Plus which opposing point guards is he going to be able to guard?
e leb

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

you r wrong yes i am from PR and Arroyo sucks in the beginning of the season and in this moment looks like college pg, but he improves and i dont understand how a coach sit Arroyo when the team with him in court have a record 7-2
MAGIC FAN wrote:
nothing nelson can do would ever be good enough cause half the people posting are from PR and want arroyo to play just because of his heritage. Well in that case..im upset and going to post on EVERY SINGLE LIVING F***** POST to play Garrity more because im irish...GO GARRITY!!! see how stupid it sounds?!?!!? please cheer for CA, i have no problem with that, but just quit whining and complaining...
John

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

I can not believe what the coach had to say about nelson. Fist of all, stop kissing your boss butt. He will gone sooner than later. Nelson is not any good and he would not be, has been proven. Arroyo is a lot better pg that he is, but you did say it comes with experience. Give him a chance to prove to you that he is a much better p/g than Nelson is. JJ is a lot better than nelson is. Bottom line is, you are sticking with the same game plan that the old coach did and thats why Brian is not longer on the picture.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Keyon Dooling Discussions

Search the Keyon Dooling Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NBA negotiations last 16 hours; more talks planned (Oct '11) Oct '11 Sammy 38
Timberwolves 119, Bucks 118 (OT): Wolves win ga... (Oct '10) Oct '10 johnny 3
Ex-Dillard star Dooling cut by New Jersey Nets (Jun '10) Jun '10 Manny Rodriguez 1
Keyon Dooling still holds warm feelings for the... (Feb '09) Jun '09 Tree 16
Magic lose number two seed chance in loss to Nets (Apr '09) Apr '09 LMAO 105
Orlando Magic (58-21) at New Jersey Nets (32-47), (Apr '09) Apr '09 Knick Chick 1
Wolves snap seven-game skid with victory over Nets (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••