Orlando Magic's Adonal Foyle to decid...

Orlando Magic's Adonal Foyle to decide whether he will come bac...

There are 22 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 1, 2008, titled Orlando Magic's Adonal Foyle to decide whether he will come bac.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Unhappy with his reduced role in the playoffs, Orlando Magic veteran reserve center Adonal Foyle said he won't decide until the offseason whether he'll exercise an option and become a free agent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
big vern

Umatilla, FL

#1 May 1, 2008
who cares foyle can't even jump he got fat and lazy in orlando. start playing good ball before you go crying about your playing time fat boy foyle. i can jump higher than the dude...
where are the haters

Orlando, FL

#2 May 1, 2008
i gotta admit i liked foyle in the beginning of the season but now he is a liability out there, after the all star break he just started playing horrible losing all those rebounds not to mention his bball IQ dropped like 50 pts with his stupid outlet passes for turnovers after every rare rebound of his these days
dunk it fool

Ruskin, FL

#3 May 1, 2008
Foyle, you should take it personaly that you can't dunk a basketball! You were brought here to be solid, dunk a ball, not lay up and comit a hard foul when needed. You've done none
Otown1

Lady Lake, FL

#4 May 1, 2008
Otis? Should he be given an extension? I don't think so. He's afraid to pull the trigger and when he did, he overpaid for Lewis...Shut up...I know Lewis is good but not $118M good. The Magic need a couple of missing pieces not a shooting guard playing power forward.
where are the haters

Orlando, FL

#5 May 1, 2008
throughout the early season i wasnt too happy about rashard's contract either but if you look at it rashard was about to head to cleveland who was reported to be willing to do the S&T we did to give rashard the big bucks to be lebron's new running mate

at the time we probably would have lost rashard w/ cleveland coming off of the finals appearance and looking at the fact that rashard was probably exactly what lebron needed in a running mate and after the billy donovan fiasco otis didnt want to take it to chance

plus i like the fact that rashard is a team first guy and basically does whatever the team needs him to do (like play bosh in the toronto series)
jmoney

United States

#6 May 1, 2008
please go foyle...you're worthless
VRL29

Asia/Pacific Region

#7 May 1, 2008
that must feel bad for a veteran; but i think the opponent pretty much dictates his playing time. he might not be useful against a small and running team like the Raptors, but he could be of use against a half-court team like Detroit...

btw, nice quote from Van Gundy: "The problem with time off, it takes a little time to get back into the swing of things. Any time you go on a vacation, or a long weekend, going back to work the next day is not the first thing on your mind"
mary jane

Palm Bay, FL

#8 May 1, 2008
Hey Foyle, you should go to Memphis... so you and Darko can go suck together! The way you played, rather, didn't play this year gives you NO right to even open your mouth right now.
mary jane

Palm Bay, FL

#9 May 2, 2008
Can anyone tell me how many dunks Foyle had this year??? I didn't see one, really. I must have gone to the fridge to grab a beer, if he ever did, and missed it. Maybe he only dunks during FSN broadcasts:)
FIREK

El Paso, TX

#10 May 2, 2008
Foyle is complaining about his playing time ? Isn't Foyle the one they quote all the time in the papers about "playing as a team" ? By the way, I was not impressed with Foyle at all this year either. I think he had one good game.
By the way, Battie will be back next year too and ol' Fran from Europe will probably finally be with the Magic along with Gortat. See ya, Adonal !
Solar Bear

Lakeland, FL

#11 May 2, 2008
I love Gortat's mobility, but if Foyle was as weak as you guys say, he'd be content to be a benchwarmer and collect his paycheck and DNP-CDs. But he is a true competitor who gives everything he's got for the team. It's great to hear he wants to protect his minutes. You have to expect and respect that. He'll play against the Pistons. He played his part in taking the Magic to where we are now. Show some class and cut him some slack.
LMAO

AOL

#12 May 2, 2008
Magic's roster next season:

Gone...

Foyle
Augustine
Garrity
Bogans (maybe)
Cook (maybe)
Arroyo (if better offer)
Evans (if better offer)
REDICK (Trade-YAYYYYY)

Stay...

Howard
Lewis
Turk
Nelson
Battie
Dooling

Lots of room to improve.
Luis

Puerto Rico

#13 May 2, 2008
Detroit is a good team and have a decent backup, but we can win this season.
Orl Native

Sanford, FL

#14 May 2, 2008
Seriously? Seriously, Foyle youve got to be kidding. You were brought in here to be exactly what youve become, a specific player to sit on the bench and come in and play when needed against the bigger slower teams. That was NOT the Raptors, they continued to go small to be competitive, and you cant understand that? Everything Ive read on Foyle was that he was a smart guy but if he is indeed voicing that take on his minutes, one has to wonder.

Cmon now be professional.!
Luis

Puerto Rico

#15 May 2, 2008
What happen with this guy. Orlando have others players with no minutes play in this first round and dont say nothing. Dont cry baby. And Orl Native have nice argument Toronto go with small lineup and you are big and slow.

“Are You Kidding Me? SHAQ left?”

Since: Feb 08

Orlando[Alt.Springs]-Houston

#16 May 2, 2008
Orl Native wrote:
Seriously? Seriously, Foyle youve got to be kidding. You were brought in here to be exactly what youve become, a specific player to sit on the bench and come in and play when needed against the bigger slower teams. That was NOT the Raptors, they continued to go small to be competitive, and you cant understand that? Everything Ive read on Foyle was that he was a smart guy but if he is indeed voicing that take on his minutes, one has to wonder.
Cmon now be professional.!
hahaha..Amen to that...Ummm yeah...Like i said...HE's GONE.
Gortat is officially on the rotation. Foyle might get some playing time this round but then again...Detroit runs too adn he cant just be standing around there like he usually does. Gortat will definitely have some minutes agianst much quicker mcdyess/Maxiell etc... Foyle will not be able to keep up.
LAZZ

United States

#17 May 2, 2008
Almost everyone here is wrong. Foyle has played decently this season. After Cook went down we would have been F***d without him. I think he has done his job which is play 10 mins per game to cover for Dwight while he rests. I think that he will see minutes in the series with the Pistons, who have a big front line with even more big guys on the bench. These guys are different that Toronto's agile big guys. Mc Dyess and Ratliff are older guys that Foyle can contain.

I really hope that Dooling will be back to 100%. He has a tall task of guarding Billups and Hamilton. Jameer is giving up 6 inches to Chauncey, so Dooling will play a key defensive role against those guys.

Magic in 6 or 7

“Are You Kidding Me? SHAQ left?”

Since: Feb 08

Orlando[Alt.Springs]-Houston

#18 May 2, 2008
LAZZ wrote:
Almost everyone here is wrong. Foyle has played decently this season. After Cook went down we would have been F***d without him. I think he has done his job which is play 10 mins per game to cover for Dwight while he rests. I think that he will see minutes in the series with the Pistons, who have a big front line with even more big guys on the bench. These guys are different that Toronto's agile big guys. Mc Dyess and Ratliff are older guys that Foyle can contain.
I really hope that Dooling will be back to 100%. He has a tall task of guarding Billups and Hamilton. Jameer is giving up 6 inches to Chauncey, so Dooling will play a key defensive role against those guys.
Magic in 6 or 7
No doubt...He is not completely useless but he is asking for more playing time which is riduculous. Boy cant keep up with young guys and want more minutes...That is asking for more then you can handle.
Local Fan

Lakeland, FL

#19 May 2, 2008
The Polish Hammer should be an NBA all star. He's the one that knocked Howard out in order to motivate Howard in becoming an even more dominate "Super Man!"
LMAO

AOL

#20 May 2, 2008
Local Fan wrote:
The Polish Hammer should be an NBA all star. He's the one that knocked Howard out in order to motivate Howard in becoming an even more dominate "Super Man!"
Actually that's not what happened. Gortat's girlfriend is the mother of Dwights illegitimate child.

When Gortat found out it wasn't his child...he decided to whack D12 around!

Ya never know what a Polack will do so be careful!

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keyon Dooling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA negotiations last 16 hours; more talks planned (Oct '11) Oct '11 Sammy 38
News Timberwolves 119, Bucks 118 (OT): Wolves win ga... (Oct '10) Oct '10 johnny 3
News Ex-Dillard star Dooling cut by New Jersey Nets (Jun '10) Jun '10 Manny Rodriguez 1
News Keyon Dooling still holds warm feelings for the... (Feb '09) Jun '09 Tree 16
News Magic lose number two seed chance in loss to Nets (Apr '09) Apr '09 LMAO 105
News Orlando Magic (58-21) at New Jersey Nets (32-47), (Apr '09) Apr '09 Knick Chick 1
News Wolves snap seven-game skid with victory over Nets (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 3
More from around the web