J.J. Redick expected to see significant playing time tonight

There are 19 comments on the Mar 4, 2008, Orlando Sentinel story titled J.J. Redick expected to see significant playing time tonight. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Little-used but still popular second-year guard J.J. Redick is expected to see significant playing time Tuesday night against the Toronto Raptors because of injuries to other Magic guards.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

robertohenry

San Josť, Costa Rica

#1 Mar 4, 2008
Well he finally gets his chance. lets hope he makes the most out of it.
esteban

United States

#2 Mar 4, 2008
It's about friggin time. I was just about to give up on The Magic, Van Gundy and Otis Smith. I was given tickets to the knicks game, so I went. It was so funny to see a big
picture of Reddick printed on the ticket. What a joke. They draft a shooter to spread the floor becasue they could not score last year, then they want him to be a defensive player? Meanwhile, Ariza and Howard were the only two that played defense? The magic are like a team without a steering wheel. There is no comunication. Horrible strategies in free agency and the draft. And now, instead of developing Reddick, the trade for scrubs that can't shoot, so that they can keep Reddick on the bench? I can'rr beleive any of those guys have a job, Van Gundy or Smih. They come across as someone that is in way over their heads. Get a clue dudes. Develop your future. So stupid.
SenorArroyoSr

AOL

#3 Mar 4, 2008
I doubt he will get much play time. The coach cant stand that he is so popular.

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#4 Mar 4, 2008
I will believe it when I see it. The last article by the Orlandon paper said that JJ would be seating on the bench after getting some playing time against the Raptors then he didn't stay on the bench.
So the Orlando paper has not done well with anything that it has printed about JJ.
I hoping this time that they are right.
Orlandodolphin

Sanford, FL

#5 Mar 4, 2008
esteban wrote:
It's about friggin time. I was just about to give up on The Magic, Van Gundy and Otis Smith. I was given tickets to the knicks game, so I went. It was so funny to see a big
picture of Reddick printed on the ticket. What a joke. They draft a shooter to spread the floor becasue they could not score last year, then they want him to be a defensive player? Meanwhile, Ariza and Howard were the only two that played defense? The magic are like a team without a steering wheel. There is no comunication. Horrible strategies in free agency and the draft. And now, instead of developing Reddick, the trade for scrubs that can't shoot, so that they can keep Reddick on the bench? I can'rr beleive any of those guys have a job, Van Gundy or Smih. They come across as someone that is in way over their heads. Get a clue dudes. Develop your future. So stupid.
ya what a terrible job Smith has done. You are prob one of the ones calling for Okufur too....Keep it up Otis!
robertohenry

San Josť, Costa Rica

#6 Mar 4, 2008
Gentlemen, You can knock Otis or SVG with the record the magic have (on pace for 50+ wins).
At the time they drafted JJ they really did not know how Bogans would play and of course Ariza was not a shooter. I see the logic of their pick.
Its all up to JJ, If he cant get playing time and all he has to beat out is Bogans and a LA bench warmer it does not speak well for our boy JJ.
Brink Back Bo

Orlando, FL

#7 Mar 4, 2008
Should be some great defense in the back court for the Magic in this game with nelson, Arroyo, and JJ. Anyone hungry for some swiss cheese. Dwight must dominate in this one with Bosh out.
NBA Reviewer

Caguas, Puerto Rico

#8 Mar 4, 2008
Otis and Magic Coaches seems to a tendency to have good talented players be always on the bench (Darko story last year - this year JJ - next year ?). It's time to give what the fans want. JJ at least should has a real opportunity to contribute to the team, and demonstrate how a good a player can be at the NBA level. I really don't want to see JJ during next years beating the Magic hitting 3's with one second remaining.
UCF Kat

Lake Mary, FL

#9 Mar 4, 2008
Hey, when Bogans and Redick line up to guard each other in practice , do you know how their thought processes run? Something like this:

JR: "Boy, that guy's strong. Man, he's quick, too!"
KB: "That MF prettyboy ***h*** from Duke ain't gettin' nothin' o' this."

Being UK Blue is a permanent condition. It don't wash off.(SIC!)

Good luck to both of them. The Magic gain a lot from the open competition.
rrlarry

Cincinnati, OH

#10 Mar 4, 2008
Gotta be tough being a white guy playing in the NBA.
Jack

United States

#11 Mar 4, 2008
I hope SVG give JJ a real chance tonight. My only concern is number 14 against Calderon. I hope J Nelson comes with a compass to know exactly where are his teammates in the court. JAMEER, do me a favor will ya, PASS THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!
great call

Kissimmee, FL

#12 Mar 4, 2008
he hasn't even entered the game!
Jeremy Ireland

United States

#13 Mar 4, 2008
So much for that significant playing time.

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#14 Mar 4, 2008
Well we now know just how much you can depend on the Orlando paper getting their news correct. Well when it comes to JJ they are 0-2 for getting it right.
Dave

Oakville, Canada

#15 Mar 4, 2008
That was f*cking bullsh!t......how can they expect JJ ever to become the player that they want him to be when they give him only 1 or 2 min at the end of a game and judge him based on the 1 or 2 shots he might get off?
return of

Cocoa Beach, FL

#16 Mar 4, 2008
Sorry Tim, but you were given some bad information today. I wouldn't rely on that source again.......Bogans ended up playing and no Redick
SenorArroyoSr

AOL

#17 Mar 4, 2008
I told you so. JJ Redick needs to be traded with my Carlos.
They to good to be Magic players. Not fair to them on this team.
Van dUmbY

Pineville, LA

#18 Mar 4, 2008
First of all, this game could have easily been a loss of Bosh played tonight, and Van Dumby's logic goes down the toilet again.
Bogans was grimacing out there and a health JJ Redick is sitting. Marcin Gortat comes in with less than a minute left.. oh wow that's great way to develop a young guy. What would hapeen is injuries go down and Stan Van Dumbo is "forced" to used these two in the playoffs but they have rarely played?? They're not going to be ready, impossible.

Both JJ and Gortat's should be contributing much to this team by now but they both remain benched behind inconsistent cough cough "starters" like Bogans, Nelson, Lewis and Keon Dooling. None of these last 4 is gonna get any better. Marcin's mobility and size are greatly needed, and JJ's IQ, shooting, and passing skills can greatly help us at times. He can actually substitute at the PG spot yet Van DUMBY has only tried this at the Knicks game, with a minute left...

Agustine is another young guy who could be contributing. He's like a young Bo Outlaw but more skilled. God help this team if Dwight goes down, this coach hasn't bothered to develop a third of this roster. Leave it to the Magic to have ignored Rick Adelman. This team could be so much more exciting and have an even better record with an intelligen coach. Oh well... it's the Magic
Van dUmbY

Pineville, LA

#19 Mar 4, 2008
NBA Reviewer wrote:
Otis and Magic Coaches seems to a tendency to have good talented players be always on the bench (Darko story last year - this year JJ - next year ?). It's time to give what the fans want. JJ at least should has a real opportunity to contribute to the team, and demonstrate how a good a player can be at the NBA level. I really don't want to see JJ during next years beating the Magic hitting 3's with one second remaining.
Good point. But this team is (and hass been) run by idiots for years. The De Vos aren't bad people, just totally inept at hiring the right GMs, management, and marketing people to have this franchise up to par with the Spurs, LA, Dallas, and others who are always finding ways to make the team better. By hiring inepts like Otis Smith, Brian Hill, etc. this team is going to win based on talent, but doubtful they'll win a championship anytime soon. Shaq didn't want Stan Van Gundy coaching the Heat, that should've sent out a red flag. Van Gundy's substitution common sense is worse than Brian Hill's and BHill's stale coaching style was hard to beat...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keyon Dooling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA negotiations last 16 hours; more talks planned (Oct '11) Oct '11 Sammy 38
News Timberwolves 119, Bucks 118 (OT): Wolves win ga... (Oct '10) Oct '10 johnny 3
News Ex-Dillard star Dooling cut by New Jersey Nets (Jun '10) Jun '10 Manny Rodriguez 1
News Keyon Dooling still holds warm feelings for the... (Feb '09) Jun '09 Tree 16
News Magic lose number two seed chance in loss to Nets (Apr '09) Apr '09 LMAO 105
News Orlando Magic (58-21) at New Jersey Nets (32-47), (Apr '09) Apr '09 Knick Chick 1
News Wolves snap seven-game skid with victory over Nets (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tiffany 3
More from around the web