Obama ousts AmeriCorps' IG who investigated former NBA star and...

Full story: Daily Breeze 14
President Barack Obama says he has lost confidence in the inspector general who investigates AmeriCorps and other national service programs and has told Congress he is removing him from the position. Full Story
Native

Whittier, CA

#1 Jun 12, 2009
Hope and Change are here now! I hope this idiot is gone 4 years from now. What a dramatic change from the civility of the last administration.
mike

Glendale, CA

#2 Jun 12, 2009
obama is removing him because he's exposing corruption in liberal groups obama likes. where is the big liberal outrage as there was at bush and his removal of judges.
MOE

Huntington Beach, CA

#3 Jun 12, 2009
It's the double standard of liberals in general.
Juan

Anaheim, CA

#4 Jun 12, 2009
The removal of a critic of one of Obama's supporters is typical political hypocrisy. "Do as I say, not as I do" may well be the phrase this administration will be known for.
libs are scared

Fullerton, CA

#5 Jun 13, 2009
Just another ILLEGAL Obunghole action.
Voted NO on Y and Z

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Jun 15, 2009
Its called damage control..... Silence your critics...

There is NO hope and there is NO change ....

“BUZZZZZZ!”

Since: Apr 09

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#7 Jun 18, 2009
Today is Thursday June 18th. The Daily Breeze needs to do follow-up stories on this subject.
Voted NO on Y and Z

Torrance, CA

#8 Jun 18, 2009
A Fly In The Ointment wrote:
Today is Thursday June 18th. The Daily Breeze needs to do follow-up stories on this subject.
They can't because Obama is in damage control mode..

What happened to transparency in Gov't ???
libs are scared

Fullerton, CA

#9 Jun 18, 2009
There will be no follow up on this. Obama committed another act that is blatantly against the rules and assists one of his supporting organizations. The media will be silent.
Tine deOui

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Jun 18, 2009
Jake Tapper from ABC News has been following the story for the last few days. You can go to the ABC website for Jake's Political Punch section.

Also, the Los Angeles Times today reported about another Inspector General in trouble with the Obama administration.
Neil Barofsky, Inspector General and watchdog for the $700 billion TARP, insisted on examining documents about a financial institution receiving tens of billions of the bailout money.
The Treasury Dept. denied his request, but he kept on asking until he got the papers. Now the Treasury Dept. is re-examining his position and his authority.
www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na...

A Fly In The Ointment wrote:
Today is Thursday June 18th. The Daily Breeze needs to do follow-up stories on this subject.
TomFromPV

United States

#11 Jun 18, 2009
You know, I never thought the Breeze would publish such an article. Is it possible they hired someone with a pair? Somebody who isn't gobsmacked by the Obama?

The other angle to this is sports and Mrs Obama. Yep, Michelle's brother is some NCAA coach in some program nobody cares about (except sister Michelle). This inspector was going after the ex-NBA star and Sacramento mayor who just happens to be buds with Michelles's brother. One call leads to another and Michelle gets Mr Obama to axe the old white man.

Chicago politics, Obama-style. Notice they called the old white guy senile too. Nice people we elected.
libs are scared

Fullerton, CA

#12 Jun 18, 2009
Obama's are just bad neighborhood thugs. Get a little power and they run crazy, until the po po shows up!
Tine deOui

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Jun 19, 2009
Well, L.A. Times waited a few days before putting this story on their website.

The Center for Responsive Politics just released their analysis on campaign donations:
ABC employees donated $124,421 to the Obama campaign, and a "generous" sum of $1,550 to McCain.

The only one at ABC news currently doing some reasonable unbiased reporting is Jake Tapper.(Watch your back, Jake!)

Michelle Obama announced that her chief of staff, Jackie Norris, will move to CNCS (the agency Gerald Walpin was overseeing) as a senior advisor.
Just connect the dots.

With Obama terminating inspector generals who are supposed to watch that taxpayers' money is not wasted, foolish spending like the following will continue:

*$11 million of the stimulus money for a rural guardrail at an Oklahoma patch of land with overgrown weeds and a virtually dry lake bed;
*$2 million to convert a vacant theater in Minneapolist to a dance center that will create only 48 jobs. But a company wanting to manufacture solar-energy-panels and create 360 jobs was allocated only $300,000, resulting in the company cancelling the enterprise.

With watchdog inspector generals out of the way and a biased media as Obama's cheerleaders, I have a sinking feeling as to where we're headed in America.
TomFromPV wrote:
You know, I never thought the Breeze would publish such an article. Is it possible they hired someone with a pair? Somebody who isn't gobsmacked by the Obama?
The other angle to this is sports and Mrs Obama. Yep, Michelle's brother is some NCAA coach in some program nobody cares about (except sister Michelle). This inspector was going after the ex-NBA star and Sacramento mayor who just happens to be buds with Michelles's brother. One call leads to another and Michelle gets Mr Obama to axe the old white man.
Chicago politics, Obama-style. Notice they called the old white guy senile too. Nice people we elected.
Voted NO on Y and Z

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Jun 20, 2009
Tine deOui wrote:
Well, L.A. Times waited a few days before putting this story on their website.
The Center for Responsive Politics just released their analysis on campaign donations:
ABC employees donated $124,421 to the Obama campaign, and a "generous" sum of $1,550 to McCain.
The only one at ABC news currently doing some reasonable unbiased reporting is Jake Tapper.(Watch your back, Jake!)
Michelle Obama announced that her chief of staff, Jackie Norris, will move to CNCS (the agency Gerald Walpin was overseeing) as a senior advisor.
Just connect the dots.
With Obama terminating inspector generals who are supposed to watch that taxpayers' money is not wasted, foolish spending like the following will continue:
*$11 million of the stimulus money for a rural guardrail at an Oklahoma patch of land with overgrown weeds and a virtually dry lake bed;
*$2 million to convert a vacant theater in Minneapolist to a dance center that will create only 48 jobs. But a company wanting to manufacture solar-energy-panels and create 360 jobs was allocated only $300,000, resulting in the company cancelling the enterprise.
With watchdog inspector generals out of the way and a biased media as Obama's cheerleaders, I have a sinking feeling as to where we're headed in America.
<quoted text>
What a better way to waste OUR tax dollars..

There is NO hope and there is NO change ....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sterling: 'I'm not a racist' (May '14) May '14 Streetrunner 1
ALERT: Donald Sterling banned for life from the... (Apr '14) Apr '14 cancer suxs 2
All eyes on Silver, as Sterling fallout continues (Apr '14) Apr '14 Robert 1
Stern expects Sacramento plan within 2 weeks (Feb '13) Feb '13 jason 1
Sacramento Kings sale reports are premature, sa... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Blank 1
Obama ousts AmeriCorps' IG who investigated friend (Jun '09) Jun '10 RayOne 9
Obama removes AmeriCorps inspector general afte... (Jun '09) Jun '10 kowtella 25
More from around the web