Johnson Agreed to Pay Girl in Molestation Claim, According to D...

Sacramento mayoral candidate Kevin Johnson agreed to pay a girl who claimed he molested her $230,000, according to a draft of a confidential settlement obtained by the Sacramento Bee. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mouser

Woodland, CA

#46 May 20, 2008
The way I see it, if you pay out that much money, you must be guilty; otherwise, you would fight it! Of course, to him, it's probably NOT that much money!
Sacramento Resident

Grass Valley, CA

#47 May 20, 2008
He could have taken that same amount of money
he paid the girl in question and fought the charges. If he wasn't guilty, he wouldn't have anything to worry about keeping quiet.

“Gay By Nature, Proud By Choice”

Since: Apr 08

Hatred is NOT a Family Value!

#48 May 20, 2008
GUILTY!!
JUST SAY

Lodi, CA

#49 May 21, 2008
The girls lawyer can write a draft saying anything he wants to say. It can say KJ did molester her. It can say KJ molested 20 other girls.
If I accused someone of molesting me and my lawyer wrote a draft for the molester to sign and and ugh the molester never 1) saw it, 2)signed it....then the draft is nothing.
Its great, its a draft....its the lawyers account of what happened and what the deal was to get it resolved.....but then nothing happened in the first place and so the lawyer couldnt even get KJ to the table to look at this "draft".
I write drafts about my dream girl all the time. But its only a draft and Im not with my dream girl. My draft are just a fiction of my imagination :-(
Too bad this one is being used to slander this guy.
JUST SAY

Lodi, CA

#50 May 21, 2008
If a real one did get agreed upon....we will never now LOL :-)
Its all confidential....but he never legally got prosecuted for it so.....if you dont convict....you aquit???
Insert Name Here

Sacramento, CA

#51 May 23, 2008
Jman wrote:
<quoted text>
What I was trying to say was Schwarzenegger did not have the right background to govern the state. And if Johnson became the mayor it would be the same thing. One main reason why Johnson is running is because he feels that he will have a greater chance in winning because he was a former NBA star and more people would support him. How did Schwarzengger win? He did not win by his experience in law/politic. He won by his frame in Acting. Comparing Johnson and Fargo, Fargo has way more experience in office.
Fair enough. But Schwarzenegger had been politically involved for 20 years. He was heavily involved in the Reagan administration and certainly "lobbied" to some degree for certain issues. I just disagree with the Schwarz comparison. I think they are two entirely different set of circumstances and certainly two different levels of experience. And, like I said, governing the state is dramatically different than running this little town. lol I respect your comparison, but disagree. And almost all politicians are NOT starting out from nowhere. Most are successful in the business community, etc. They are generally FAR from unknown to those who they are targeting for votes. KJ is virtually unknown, to most people, unless they are fans of that pathetic and incredibly boring sport of basketball. And seriously, it is boring, right? lol Football, MMA, many other sports are FAR from intriguing. Basketball is lame, especially if you're a Kings fan! lol Anyway, I respect your views. We'll see what the voters think soon enough.
Insert Name Here

Sacramento, CA

#52 May 23, 2008
NO KJ wrote:
<quoted text>
What a pathetic comparison, a lady with MS is some how the same as a person who paid off a minor for more than likely sexual misdeeds, his campaign is finished, Fargo isn't the greatest, but we can leave our daughters with her and not worry. The bagage KJ brings is ugly, he should run for city council and we can examine how good he is in 5 years. Besides, Oak Park still looks like the ghetto, he really has not done much there.
lol....well, you did'nt address what I said, but ok. I never claimed they are comparable, meaning the NBA to MS. And are you leaving your daughters with mayors? lol I'm not, regardless of who the mayor may be. lol I don't see your point, you are speaking in a non-reality scenarion. Leave our daughters with a mayor? lol Obsurd. And what evidence do YOU have that says he paid off a girl for sexual "misdeeds"? That is a sealed document, have you read it? If so, please dish. We'd all like to know if, in fact, he is a pedophile. OR, was he extorted? WE DON'T KNOW. Why are sealed settlements so hard for people to understand? They don't say a thing about guilt or innocence. Is it fair to make him guilty? Would you like the same treatment? I hope not. And I could agree with you about running for something else first, I'll give you that, but not the automatic guilt because of a sealed settlement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sterling: 'I'm not a racist' (May '14) May '14 Streetrunner 1
ALERT: Donald Sterling banned for life from the... (Apr '14) Apr '14 cancer suxs 2
All eyes on Silver, as Sterling fallout continues (Apr '14) Apr '14 Robert 1
Stern expects Sacramento plan within 2 weeks (Feb '13) Feb '13 jason 1
Sacramento Kings sale reports are premature, sa... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Blank 1
Obama ousts AmeriCorps' IG who investigated friend (Jun '09) Jun '10 RayOne 9
Obama removes AmeriCorps inspector general afte... (Jun '09) Jun '10 kowtella 25
More from around the web